JETS forfeit Week 2: Flacco to start against Browns

Vudu

34 minutes ago, Alka said:

Jets will win this Sunday, as I have posted.  I understand that I'm in the minority, but I feel that the offensive line and Flacco will look better than they did last weekend.  I'm predicting a 20-17 win.  Defense will continue to look like the real deal.

I agree that they will look better, but will still lose. Book it.

This season is on track to be over within a month and like typical Jets they will go on a winning streak towards the end of the year fooling a segment of the fanbase that we are headed in the right direction..... and then we will pass on two Hall of Fame QBs in the top 5 of the draft. 

Nfl Celebration GIF by New York Jets

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I have no control over how this team performs. I am going to continue to watch them play and follow them on this site. 
That said I believe we’re no better than a 5 win team, mainly because I have no faith in either our HC or QB changing that for the better any time soon. Rather than enduring a 6-7 win season, and having some buy in that they will, I think an implosion would force a change to both at the end of the year. So yes.

You think this board imploding with change the Jets or the board?  You can buy billboards and fly banners over the stadium to change the HC or QB, but if you try to change this board I will fight you.

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

firerobertsaleh-robert-saleh.gif

So you want him fired now?  So who is your choice to replace him?  Let's run the Jets like the Knicks and replace the coach every two years and put together a roster with a retread QB so the Jets can aspire to an occasional 8-9 win season and compete for a  wild card spot once every few years.  

• Post of the Week 1

52 minutes ago, DLJ said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/14/report-joe-flacco-will-start-for-jets-this-week/

After the Jets lost 24-9 to the Ravens in their season opener, Jets head coach Robert Saleh was asked about fans at MetLife Stadium chanting for Mike White to replace Joe Flacco as the team’s quarterback.

Saleh said that Flacco would “more than likely” remain the team’s starter against the Browns in Week Two, but added that “everything’s always under discussion and under review.” The last few days have not changed his mind about going with Flacco.

Rich Cimini of ESPN reports that the Jets will stick with the veteran as they continue to wait for Zach Wilson to be cleared to return from his knee injury.

Flacco was 37-of-59 for 307 yards, a touchdown and an interception in the loss.

We just keep giving seasons away as if they were M&Ms. I can't take this senseless losing anymore. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

28 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

Absolutely cringe worthy

whatever, Saleh is the king of cringe with his BS pressers and “60%” t-shirts

Flacco hasn’t won a game since 2019

Its not the right decision 

Literally even a 5-year old can see this, but BS cannot

1st 3rd down conversion Sunday occurred in final minute of game

• Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, undertow said:

This season is on track to be over within a month and like typical Jets they will go on a winning streak towards the end of the year fooling a segment of the fanbase that we are headed in the right direction..... and then we will pass on two Hall of Fame QBs in the top 5 of the draft. 

Yep.

I could see the Jets going 0-3, and then we're told Wilson isn't quite ready yet.

So Flacco plays on, and we go 0-4.  At 0-4 the year is effectively over from a "compete for a postseason berth" perspective.

Then Zach comes in, plays like poop to start, but "improves" like he "improved" last year, and we're right back where we started.

-We need another year to know what we have in Zach!

-Zach improved as the year went on, can't you see that elite potential and talent he flashed!

-Can't blame Zach or Saleh, Zach was hurt, it happens!

-Stop kicking a Dead Horse, 2023 is gonna be lit!

-Followed up in the pre-2023 offseason with "2023 is really year 2 of the rebuild, we have to give them more time, 2024 will be lit!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

I would much rather watch Streveler than Flacco, even if Streveler ends up sucking really badly. 

This perfectly states my own view as well:

As a fan, I will be vastly more entertained watching Mike White, or even Strev, play.

There is nothing about watching Joe Flacco lose (or even win tbqh) that I find appealing to watch as an entertainment product.

/shrug, maybe I'll just watch the 'Ders this weekend.  At least they're seemingly trying to win.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

firerobertsaleh-robert-saleh.gif

It's a little early to fire him but he is trending that way.  All of a sudden our QB and OL both stink.

I can stand below average because the rest of the roster has been significantly upgraded.....but Saleh and LeFluer better do something about this FAST!!!  Otherwise fk this CS.   

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Did anyone really expect anything different? 

Of course not but I do wonder what is the plan for Mike White.  Why did they tender him, etc. only to sign and then when needed, play Flacco?  I'm not of mind that Mike White is some savior but I'm also on the side of, I'd be interested in seeing more.  He seems much more decisive than Flacco, anything is more mobile and he brings energy and excitement to the game.  Mike White is a fountain while Joe Flacco is a drain.  I actually do wonder if part of the decision is to protect Wilson, if White did get hot and the Jets were winning games etc, which would infuriate me if true.

1 hour ago, DLJ said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/14/report-joe-flacco-will-start-for-jets-this-week/

After the Jets lost 24-9 to the Ravens in their season opener, Jets head coach Robert Saleh was asked about fans at MetLife Stadium chanting for Mike White to replace Joe Flacco as the team’s quarterback.

Saleh said that Flacco would “more than likely” remain the team’s starter against the Browns in Week Two, but added that “everything’s always under discussion and under review.” The last few days have not changed his mind about going with Flacco.

Rich Cimini of ESPN reports that the Jets will stick with the veteran as they continue to wait for Zach Wilson to be cleared to return from his knee injury.

Flacco was 37-of-59 for 307 yards, a touchdown and an interception in the loss.

Well it was not here, and likely will not matter, but Flacco is 17-3 against the Browns all time. Also, the Jets and Browns have a decent rivalry history almost like the Jets and Giants a little since I always notice it doesn't matter how good the teams are, the games can go the way you would not expect. An example is in 2020 the Jets beat the Browns in their back yard with Mayfield at QB and that team was much better than the Jets that year, since they made the playoffs and even won the 1st round against the Steelers. So, lets see if any of this comes to play this week. Just never feel giving up is an option especially this early on in the season. 

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Of course not but I do wonder what is the plan for Mike White.  Why did they tender him, etc. only to sign and then when needed, play Flacco?  I'm not of mind that Mike White is some savior but I'm also on the side of, I'd be interested in seeing more.  He seems much more decisive than Flacco, anything is more mobile and he brings energy and excitement to the game.  Mike White is a fountain while Joe Flacco is a drain.  I actually do wonder if part of the decision is to protect Wilson, if White did get hot and the Jets were winning games etc, which would infuriate me if true.

I'm actually starting to come around to this idea myself. It's either that or Robert Saleh just really, really, really likes Flacco (either personally, or as a QB, or both) and just wants to play him, because there's no reason to put him out there over Mike White, especially after what we saw on Sunday. Add in the $2.5 million tender for White; why pay him that if they don't believe he's any better than Joe Flacco? Makes no sense.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Well it was not here, and likely will not matter, but Flacco is 17-3 against the Browns all time. Also, the Jets and Browns have a decent rivalry history almost like the Jets and Giants a little since I always notice it doesn't matter how good the teams are, the games can go the way you would not expect. An example is in 2020 the Jets beat the Browns in their back yard with Mayfield at QB and that team was much better than the Jets that year, since they made the playoffs and even won the 1st round against the Steelers. So, lets see if any of this comes to play this week. Just never feel giving up is an option especially this early on in the season. 

The Flacco who has the 17 and 3 record against the Browns was Joe Flacco ll.   Were trotting out his grandfather, Joe Flacco.  

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, undertow said:

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

27 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This perfectly states my own view as well:

As a fan, I will be vastly more entertained watching Mike White, or even Strev, play.

There is nothing about watching Joe Flacco lose (or even win tbqh) that I find appealing to watch as an entertainment product.

/shrug, maybe I'll just watch the 'Ders this weekend.  At least they're seemingly trying to win.

Agreed.  Heck, I’m for starting Dan Feeney at QB just for the entertainment value.  If we don’t win, I’d like to at least laugh.

Can you imagine Feeney at QB and Mann at RB?!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yep.

I could see the Jets going 0-3, and then we're told Wilson isn't quite ready yet.

So Flacco plays on, and we go 0-4.  At 0-4 the year is effectively over from a "compete for a postseason berth" perspective.

Then Zach comes in, plays like poop to start, but "improves" like he "improved" last year, and we're right back where we started.

-We need another year to know what we have in Zach!

-Zach improved as the year went on, can't you see that elite potential and talent he flashed!

-Can't blame Zach or Saleh, Zach was hurt, it happens!

-Stop kicking a Dead Horse, 2023 is gonna be lit!

-Followed up in the pre-2023 offseason with "2023 is really year 2 of the rebuild, we have to give them more time, 2024 will be lit!

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

11 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Your standards for success are too low.  

Your acceptance of being worst in the league is too high.

And if you think the Jets are going from "2-4 win team" to "Super Bowl" without going through the "8-9 win" stage, you're fooling yourself.

You have to get to average before you can rise to greatness.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Jets will win this Sunday, as I have posted.  I understand that I'm in the minority, but I feel that the offensive line and Flacco will look better than they did last weekend.  I'm predicting a 20-17 win.  Defense will continue to look like the real deal.

I don't  know if the Jets win, but I think the game will be close. Chubb doesn’t get balls thrown his way so when he is in, it is more than likely  a run and the Jets looked much better against the run last Sunday. Hunt is a bit of a problem but I think we can cover him. If the Jets just do those 2 things, that kills about 70% of what Cleveland does well. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm actually starting to come around to this idea myself. It's either that or Robert Saleh just really, really, really likes Flacco (either personally, or as a QB, or both) and just wants to play him, because there's no reason to put him out there over Mike White, especially after what we saw on Sunday. Add in the $2.5 million tender for White; why pay him that if they don't believe he's any better than Joe Flacco? Makes no sense.

I said this last week.

The only reason for starting Flacco over White is the Jets are afraid of what would happen if he outperforms Zach.

(which would be a very low bar to clear btw)

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1

51 minutes ago, undertow said:

Zach has to come in and light it up by game 7 and play at a high level the rest of the season for me to believe  in him. But that is me. Mr. PVO will probably keep taking receipts.