JETS forfeit Week 2: Flacco to start against Browns

Vudu

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

So you want him fired now?  So who is your choice to replace him?  Let's run the Jets like the Knicks and replace the coach every two years and put together a roster with a retread QB so the Jets can aspire to an occasional 8-9 win season and compete for a  wild card spot once every few years.  

Mike Westhoff

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, undertow said:

This season is on track to be over within a month and like typical Jets they will go on a winning streak towards the end of the year fooling a segment of the fanbase that we are headed in the right direction..... and then we will pass on two Hall of Fame QBs in the top 5 of the draft. 

Nfl Celebration GIF by New York Jets

I fear this so much. Watch us go on a run at the end and beat the crummy teams like bears lions jags Seahawks etc. Beat no body of significance, pound our chests and have False hope for 23. We need to beat teams like The browns 

• Upvote 1

Let me preface this with Flacco Sucked - just sucked.

Sadly, however, IMO he was not the worst part of the team, or the offense - that distinction goes to the OL.

I think the OL should gradually improve as they work together and hopefully I big bump when Brown is back; Flacco is going to stay mediocre.

As such, those calling for White I think are forgetting how bad he was when he played against a D that stacked the box and brought heavy pressure. He would have stunk worse. Had Wilson played not being 100% he would have been hammered like Flacco was - the difference Flacco seems more durable at this point. The wild card is Strev.

I love to watch the Strev play, but lets be honest, there is a reason why he is 27 years old and playing in the CFL and on our practice squad. I would love him to be active and to possibly get some wild card plays. Heck, if the game is lost, I would be happy to give him a shot - but he is a practice squad, CFL level player.

So, forget the cowardess, the giving up, Flacco is the logical choice. Maybe next year we can get a better backup, or when the OL stabilizes we can try something else, but sitting Flacco would be paramount to quitting. The league would probably take away a draft pick and accuse us of tanking.

• Upvote 1

I wish Saleh and 1JD all around would show a bit more humility, especially since they haven't won a thing.

I mean Saleh keeps saying he "knows" X, Y, and Z are gonna happen

Not trying to be morbid here, but it's like bro, you don't even know if you're gonna make it to tomorrow

None of us does.  Can't take anything for granted.

And the players are continually hearing this message of "don't worry, eventually things will just flip".

I mean how many passes in critical situations does Corey Davis have to drop before BS realizes it's not an aberration?

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

I think people are terrified of the idea that Flacco isn’t the main reason why that offence was so bad.

There’s a lot of overrated players on this roster. I would bench him but I don’t think this group is suddenly going to take off with White or even Wilson.

No one said that the team would "take off" by benching Flacco.  What's being stated is that there is a better chance to win, a better chance to develop the rest of the offense firepower, a better chance to see if White/Streveler have a decent opportunity to be a successful back up in the NFL.  There is zero value to the Jets in starting Flacco.  It doesn't improve the chance of winning, it guarantees more sacks from Garrett because Flacco can't drop back or move laterally, it doesn't help anyone else on this team develop and get better.   Saleh is such a pussy.  I would never have believed it when he was hired, but he is.

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I wish Saleh and 1JD all around would show a bit more humility, especially since they haven't won a thing.

I mean Saleh keeps saying he "knows" X, Y, and Z are gonna happen

Not trying to be morbid here, but it's like bro, you don't even know if you're gonna make it to tomorrow

None of us does.  Can't take anything for granted.

And the players are continually hearing this message of "don't worry, eventually things will just flip".

I mean how many passes in critical situations does Corey Davis have to drop before BS realizes it's not an aberration?

What exactly would you like him to do differently?

Even with the baseless hype surrounding Steve Streveler, I honestly believe that he would be the best option for a team with a collapsed pocket. Mike White isn't exactly fleet of foot. At least with Streveler, or any mobile QB, you could dial up some misdirection plays or ANYTHING other than what LaFleur called for the statue. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Even with the baseless hype surrounding Steve Streveler, I honestly believe that he would be the best option for a team with a collapsed pocket. Mike White isn't exactly fleet of foot. At least with Streveler, or any mobile QB, you could dial up some misdirection plays or ANYTHING other than what LaFleur called for the statue. 

This is the consensus reaction in the Cleveland DL room to Flacco being the starter-

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bdeu1oguwyaz3jbbp0ap

• Haha 3

This is hilarios......when the schedule came out almost NOBODY expected us to win any of the first 4 games no matter who we ran out at qb.

Now we lose the first game (that we all expected) and the place melts down, we want to fire the coach and multiple people are whining about starting the back up qb when the starter got hurt. 

NONE OF THIS IS EVEN MILDLY SURPRISING.

Why such outrage when the expected happens is just nutty and typical for people who are only looking for something to complain about. 

10 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

This is hilarios......when the schedule came out almost NOBODY expected us to win any of the first 4 games no matter who we ran out at qb.

Now we lose the first game (that we all expected) and the place melts down, we want to fire the coach and multiple people are whining about starting the back up qb when the starter got hurt. 

Why such outrage when the expected happens is just nutty and typical for people who are only looking for something to complain about. 

It's not the losing.  It's the coaches decision who to start that removes any hope for growth and development of the team. Playing with Flacco as QB delays any positive development for our young players and for no good reason other than Saleh erroneously thinks that Flacco gives him a chance to get a W.  LOL.   Plus, IMO, Flacco's weaknesses make it easier for the opposing defense because they know that pocket movement of any kind can not happen.  That's the death sentence for this team's chance of winning or developing.  It renders game1 and game 2 of the season as wasted time.  Rather the Jets lose with the kids out there than with a fossil that has no future with the team.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It's not the losing.  It's the coaches decision who to start that removes any hope for growth and development of the team. Playing with Flacco as QB delays any positive development for our young players and for no good reason other than Saleh erroneously thinks that Flacco gives him a chance to get a W.  LOL.   Plus, IMO, Flacco's weaknesses make it easier for the opposing defense because they know that pocket movement of any kind can not happen.  That's the death sentence for this team's chance of winning or developing.  It renders game1 and game 2 of the season as wasted time.  Rather the Jets lose with the kids out there than with a fossil that has no future with the team.

Streveler cant read defenses and White cant throw the ball more than 10 yards

Sorry to say this but Flacco as old and decrepid as he is, still gives us the best chance of winning....unless we sign or trade for someone else he is it.

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

Sorry to say this but Flacco as old and decrepid as he is, still gives us the best chance of winning....unless we sign or trade for someone else he is it.

I disagree with this totally.  Even if your first two comments are correct.  White has actually won a game, the whole offense even though it was lower end players came alive in all three streveler ex games.  Flacco has not won a game in three years and is like 0-9 in games with the jets.

In any case it all comes down to a terrible decision by douglas and perhaps saleh in not getting viable backup QB.  They should be taken to the wood shed by fans and the press for this.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I disagree with this totally.  Even if your first two comments are correct.  White has actually won a game, the whole offense even though ti was lower end players came alive in all three streveler ex games.  Flacco has not win a game in three years and is like 0-9 in games with the jets.

In any case it all comes down to a terrible decision by douglas and perhaps saleh in not getting viable backup QB.  They should be taken to the wood shed by fans and the press for this.

How on earth can you spout this opinion with a straight face?   There is a legitimate question as to whether White and/or Flacco gives us a better chance to win than our ostensible starting QB.  They are fine at backup QB.   Not too many teams win with their backup QB.   The actual problem is that we are still uncertain about our starting QB.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

How to explain that Flacco has never won a game when playing for the Jets and White has?  And Flacco has had 5 times the opportunity.

It's not necessarily true that Flacco gives a better chance to win.  That's an opinion, nothing but a hope and most likely a fallacy.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

How on earth can you spout this opinion with a straight face?   There is a legitimate question as to whether White and/or Flacco gives us a better chance to start than our ostensible starting QB.  They are fine at backup QB.   Not too many teams win with their backup QB.   The actual problem is that we are still uncertain about our starting QB.

What does that say ?? When your starting QB is 10x better than your backups and you are that uncertain about your starter.  Means you need better backups.

52 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Not a competitive game after the half

• Upvote 2

As fans of this team, we just keep going around the circle arguing about which scrub QB is worthy of starting.   And as we all deliberate this idiocy, the parade of bust QBs keeps rolling along.   Thanks Woody.   JD.  And all the rest of the dope GMs who drafted or signed JV talent and expected them to perform at an NFL, elite level.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1