JETS forfeit Week 2: Flacco to start against Browns

Vudu

11 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I’ll do you one better.

I’ll bet you end up getting about 4 right this season. You’re better at this than you think!

My money is on 6.  The odds were great on 5.5 when I made the bet.

***Edit:  come to think of it, after week one, the odds may actually be better now.  ?

On 9/14/2022 at 6:45 PM, RoadFan said:

One side of the ball will play pretty well.  The other side will suck.  Special teams are lousy.  The always mind-numbing block in the back so they start at the 10 yard line.

The Jets will make an array of mistakes including but not limited to; drive-killing or drive-extending penalties, drops, fumbles, blown coverages, etc.  Saleh will screw up a timeout or challenge flag and make a bad decision on 4th down. 

Jets lose again.

Same story over and over and over…

I agree with the mind-numbing block in the back deal.  The Jets should always down the ball in the end zone and take it at the 25 yard line, with the exception if the ball is kicked short of the goal line.  I think the numbers bear that out over time, and it's a no-brainer to me.

Protecting the ball is something I hope the Jets worked on this past week, because the fumbles will kill us if they continue at a high rate.  I believe that this Jets defense will prove itself to be more opportunistic this season, and I foresee some of those turnovers going our way.  

I am confident in a 20-17 win for this week.  I also believe that if I'm wrong this week, the season will again spiral downhill to another 4-13 or 5-12 season, which is really hard for me to imagine.  I just can't and will not believe it.  The thought of that is too upsetting.

• Sympathy 1