Wilson at practice warming up

kevinc855

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

Moments?

Steph Curry and I can make the exact same shot.  The difference is he does it consistently and mine would be a moment.

Mark Sanchez had moments.  Sam Darnold had moments.  Geno Smith had, and is still having, moments.

Moments isn't enough.  You need to string together a lot of moments.  The amount of moments Zach Wilson had left him as the NFL's worst QB last year - in other words, he may have had moments, but compared to his peers, he had the least moments.

Again, in these moments, the F Zack Wilson fanclub are either silent or finding someway to criticize. That leads me to believe that regardless of how wils plays, the members of this club will die on the F Zack Wilson club. 

Hopefully he plays well and you can prove me wrong. Still, I have my doubts. 

4 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

Again, in these moments, the F Zack Wilson fanclub are either silent or finding someway to criticize. That leads me to believe that regardless of how wils plays, the members of this club will die on the F Zack Wilson club.

It's amazing the things people can convince themselves of.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

Moments?

Steph Curry and I can make the exact same shot.  The difference is he does it consistently and mine would be a moment.

Mark Sanchez had moments.  Sam Darnold had moments.  Geno Smith had, and is still having, moments.

Moments isn't enough.  You need to string together a lot of moments.  The amount of moments Zach Wilson had left him as the NFL's worst QB last year - in other words, he may have had moments, but compared to his peers, he had the least moments.

Yes, that is the only reason that he is the best basketball player on the planet and your not.  HAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

• WTF? 1

17 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

I'll prove you wrong right now... Zach Wilson did make some good plays last year.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, no kidding.  Your arguing he couldn’t get hurt running to the sideline.  I’m not knit crystal ball predictions 

You could get hurt running to the sideline, but I could also get hit by a falling safe that someone tossed from their private plane. 

This has gotten BEYOND silly. You are grasping at straws. Your best argument is that it's possible to get hurt running to the sideline. It's time to move on. 

16 hours ago, Flightattendant said:

I have no problem acknowledging that Wilson sucks.  I'm still part of the Zach Wilson fan club.   Zach has good tools.  He hasn't shown he can be a top NFL QB or hold up to the physical part of the game yet.  That doesn't mean he won't.   The sample size is way to small to write this kid off.  

He hasn't proven it yet.  There's no reason not to root for him doing well.  There's no reason to doubt him despite the way the club handled his injury recovery.   The reality is we need Zach to be real good and real tough.  That will go a long way to changing the narrative that the NY Jets HC Coach is putting a corpse out on the field so that when Zach comes back all he has to do is have a beating heart to get the team and fan base on the bandwagon.  Zach needs to deliver more than a pulse when he gets back. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

I have no problem acknowledging that Wilson sucks.  I'm still part of the Zach Wilson fan club.   Zach has good tools.  He hasn't shown he can be a top NFL QB or hold up to the physical part of the game yet.  That doesn't mean he won't.   The sample size is way to small to write this kid off.  

He hasn't proven it yet.  There's no reason not to root for him doing well.  There's no reason to doubt him despite the way the club handled his injury recovery.   The reality is we need Zach to be real good and real tough.  That will go a long way to changing the narrative that the NY Jets HC Coach is putting a corpse out on the field so that when Zach comes back all he has to do is have a beating heart to get the team and fan base on the bandwagon.  Zach needs to deliver more than a pulse when he gets back. 

This is largely where I am with this. Has Wilson been good, absolutely not. Did I expect him to be good early on, absolutely not. To me this year is where you need to see significant improvement or you have to bring in a legit FA or draft pic to compete with him next year. In all honesty I don't see a lot of people saying he is good now, maybe I am missing it. I see plenty of he is going to be good or great, or its too early to judge, or his cast has sucked, but I have not seen anyone saying he has been good now.

Saying hes bad and  has been bad is stating the obvious, saying he will be good is about as prognostic as saying he will always suck. The odds are in favor of him sucking as most QB's don't make it. I do think its too early to write him off, he has physical tools and from what I read he has work ethic. So the question is can he learn the speed of the game and start reacting instead of thinking, and how long does it take him to get there. 

• Upvote 1

This is largely where I am with this. Has Wilson been good, absolutely not. Did I expect him to be good early on, absolutely not. To me this year is where you need to see significant improvement or you have to bring in a legit FA or draft pic to compete with him next year. In all honesty I don't see a lot of people saying he is good now, maybe I am missing it. I see plenty of he is going to be good or great, or its too early to judge, or his cast has sucked, but I have not seen anyone saying he has been good now.
Saying hes bad and  has been bad is stating the obvious, saying he will be good is about as prognostic as saying he will always suck. The odds are in favor of him sucking as most QB's don't make it. I do think its too early to write him off, he has physical tools and from what I read he has work ethic. So the question is can he learn the speed of the game and start reacting instead of thinking, and how long does it take him to get there. 
.8af418bbe74ceb0e9047b1c6a5e9e0c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

The Steph curry analogy is moronic. You need to play in an NBA game to make the “same” Curry shots even on a moment basis. Playing horse in your driveway isn’t comparable.

The point is that any pro player or even amateur can “make plays”.  But there’s a huge difference between Steph Curry and JR Smith/ @ZachEY.  Yet posters here operate like making a few plays here and there means a guy is a lot closer to becoming Steph than he is.  

The analogy was fine.  The interpretations, not so much. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Biggs said:

The reality is we need Zach to be real good and real tough.

I don’t understand this way of thinking.

They can move on from him after this year if they want.

AZ moved on from Rosen after 1 year.

Besides, wishing or needing for something to be real won’t make it so.

3 hours ago, Joejet said:

Both Vinny Testaverde and Dan Marino tore their Achilles’ tendon dropping back to pass, it wasn’t “hero ball” just something they have been doing countless times. Everyone is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Show off ball 

stupid ball 

acting like a rookie but you’re not ball

situaional  awareness of a table ball

• Upvote 2

Question for all of you hero etc ball proponents, would you prefer that he made that cut on a run in game 1 and hurt his knee and then had to have surgery and then rehab and missed most if not all of the season?

There was most likely a weakness in that knee which caused it to go when he made that cut. I would prefer that it happened in the first preseason game where he has time to rehab and play most of the season versus it happening in week 1 or 2 and missing most of the season.

• Upvote 2

I've been thinking about the ZW timing mess up...

Did the Jets/Saleh finally figure it out?  That you announce the worst and look good when you over deliver.

So instead of saying he might play - he says he's out until Pitt but they actually expect him to be back for Cincy?

Under promise, over deliver!  

Which they should have done in the first place with both him and Becton.

Now, with that said, it feels like that was pretty much the standard for all teams prior to this Jets regime.  Guys almost seemingly always came back earlier than publicly announced.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Did the Jets/Saleh finally figure it out?  That you announce the worst and look good when you over deliver.

So instead of saying he might play - he says he's out until Pitt but they actually expect him to be back for Cincy?

Now, with that said, it feels like that was pretty much the standard for all teams prior to this Jets regime.  Guys almost seemingly always came back earlier than publicly announced.  

I'm okay with this if this is what's transpiring.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The announced timeline given is the standard bone bruise.   If they stick to that timeline, Zach might miss even miss 2 more games.

If he can sprint now, I hope he’s back for a full week of practice and a start against Cincy.  

7 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

The announced timeline given is the standard bone bruise.   If they stick to that timeline, Zach might miss even miss 2 more games.

If he can sprint now, I hope he’s back for a full week of practice and a start against Cincy.  

I don't know - the initial time line was 2-4 weeks.  Last week was 4 weeks, so even if you assume he needed a week to get into game shape.  He should have been back this week based on the initial diagnosis.

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

They had the first pick in the draft after one year with Rosen.   They didn't just draft a QB with the pick the fired the HC after 1  year.

if we have the first pick in next years draft I would be okay moving on from this staff and Zach.   

If this team has the first pick in the draft heads should roll.   To much talent to put up with that.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

They had the first pick in the draft after one year with Rosen.   They didn't just draft a QB with the pick the fired the HC after 1  year.

if we have the first pick in next years draft I would be okay moving on from this staff and Zach.   

If this team has the first pick in the draft heads should roll.   To much talent to put up with that.

Such a different situation.  They didn't just move on from Rosen because he had a tough rookie year. 

Rosen didn't make the effort necessary to become a NFL franchise QB.  Not just bad performance.

Nor did he have even close to the natural talent Zach Wilson does.  

It's apples and oranges comparing the two.  

Zach was thrown to the wolves - and grew throughout the year.  

You can not say the same, or even close, with Rosen.

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Such a different situation.  They didn't just move on from Rosen because he had a tough rookie year. 

Rosen didn't make the effort necessary to become a NFL franchise QB.  Not just bad performance.

Nor did he have even close to the natural talent Zach Wilson does.  

It's apples and oranges comparing the two.  

Zach was thrown to the wolves - and grew throughout the year.  

You can not say the same, or even close, with Rosen.

Rosen played on a dumpster fire team and was thrown into the fire and was as good as Zach.   

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

But will they?  Doubtful.  Especially if he's merely "meh" rather than downright dreadful.  Or if he misses enough games where there's a built-in excuse.

3 hours ago, Joejet said:

Question for all of you hero etc ball proponents, would you prefer that he made that cut on a run in game 1 and hurt his knee and then had to have surgery and then rehab and missed most if not all of the season?

There was most likely a weakness in that knee which caused it to go when he made that cut. I would prefer that it happened in the first preseason game where he has time to rehab and play most of the season versus it happening in week 1 or 2 and missing most of the season.

I'd rather he not be a brittle b*tch who misses 3+ games a year.