Wilson at practice warming up

kevinc855

31 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

If Zach makes a surprise start this week leading to an upset of the Browns.....most posters on this board will spend more time bitching and moaning about Saleh telling everyone last week that he likely wouldn't play until week 4.

This is the perfect example of the disease.  Great explanation.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ZachEY said:

You'd think someone with your track record on the subject matter might stop making predictions here, but alas...

The only worse predictor on JN is @Raideraholic..  who.. since way way back in JI days, is wrong on 99.8% of his predictions.  I've been reading them for over a decade.  It's as sure a thing as anything on planet Earth.  

p.s.  Raiduhs 5-12 in 2023 waiting ahead.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Too bad the offensive line is so bad that they don’t want to risk putting Zach out there. Really poor management here on multiple levels. 

Get zach back 100pct,  let the new Oline work out the kinks with Flacco taking the beating and giving breece and Garrett Wilson time to get comfortable in the league isn't the worst idea.  

Obviously if he is 100pct, he should be playing but given the above I'm ok giving him extra week. But there is no way they can let him sit out week 3 the way he looks today. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Can someone give a serious explanation as to why someone moving around the way Zach Wilson is in those videos shouldn't be playing on Sunday? How f'n soft is this kid?

The doctors gave a timeline, it's their decision on when he will be ready. I don't know if it's this Sunday, the next or the following. But in the end they get paid to do a job and give their recommendation with all of the available information they have. They are the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on this matter.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

wait why isn’t he playing now

Because he is just getting back in physical shape after surgery and isn't going to be ready in 4 days.

I'm guessing that what the Jets learned from last year's Becton debacle was "tell people it'll be the worst case scenario, and any surprises will be good ones"

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Zach Wilson coming back off of an injury, at home against the Bengals, with “Mike White” chants raining down on him in the second quarter will be my holy place. 

You and 50k others in East Rutherford, which is why the Jets would be beyond stupid to bring ZW in without giving the immortal Mike White the start first

3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

If Zach makes a surprise start this week leading to an upset of the Browns.....most posters on this board will spend more time bitching and moaning about Saleh telling everyone last week that he likely wouldn't play until week 4.

Maybe you should just let people react, instead of telling them how they'll react.  

Some of you spend more time whining about other posters future reactions than those other posters spend doing what you think they'll do. :lol:

Anyway...

Zach starting sooner than expected is good.

Saleh being a blatant liar isn't bad, per se, but it is something to note so we don't take his statements as seriously in the future.

But to repeat:  Zach starting sooner is VERY GOOD.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Claymation said:

The doctors gave a timeline, it's their decision on when he will be ready. I don't know if it's this Sunday, the next or the following. But in the end they get paid to do a job and give their recommendation with all of the available information they have. They are the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on this matter.

Pretty sure doctors only give recommendations and they can change over time based on how the recovery is going. I doubt the doctors solely decide when the player is allowed to play. The player, coaches, GM and maybe even owner probably have input.

Even if we were going on the assumption that the doctors make the decision and the team and player must adhere to it, didn't they say 2-4 weeks from surgery?

This guy looks plenty heathy to me.

6tekt3.jpg.c698bb80d4aac6d0ab3a45fe02fe6237.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I love these hypotheticals that breeze past the fact Zach Wilson really sucks. 

a couple weeks ago it was "what if Flacco is awesome and Zach is healthy?" 

oh yeah? what if money starts falling from the clouds? 

what if this what if that

or... or... just hear me out... what if Zach is worthless 

this "if Zach beats the Browns, haters will have to eat crow" is fantasy imagination time 

like Jets season wins over 5.5 being "easy money" 

there is no such thing as easy money, there is no santa clause, Virginia, and Zach's not going to beat anyone till after the bye

assuming he comes back at all 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If they bring Zach back before week 4, Saleh is going to look like an idiot again.

You would hope that is not part of the decision but then again, we have seen stranger.

ih he is cleared week 3 at home would be nice.

let’s ask the football gods

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Pretty sure doctors only give recommendations and they can change over time based on how the recovery is going. I doubt the doctors solely decide when the player is allowed to play. The player, coaches, GM and maybe even owner probably have input.

Even if we were going on the assumption that the doctors make the decision and the team and player must adhere to it, didn't they say 2-4 weeks from surgery?

This guy looks plenty heathy to me.

6tekt3.jpg.c698bb80d4aac6d0ab3a45fe02fe6237.jpg

He looks like he hasn't had a sandwich in a few months and a shower even longer. Not sure I can trust a man's opinion where hygiene isn't a priority.

Didn't Zach say his Dr gave him a timeline of 4-6 weeks? I could be mistaken.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

The only worse predictor on JN is @Raideraholic..  who.. since way way back in JI days, is wrong on 99.8% of his predictions.  I've been reading them for over a decade.  It's as sure a thing as anything on planet Earth.  

p.s.  Raiduhs 5-12 in 2023 waiting ahead.

Nevertheless, he still should've been voted captain of JN.

Joe Montana would not want to come back and play Cleveland with this set of bad news bears.

I guess since they dont get enough practice in off season they need a 4 game mully - otherwise it russion roulette with your QB.

and speaking of offseason why did anything have to change in what games your 1s started and how much they play.  When there were 4 preseason games only scrubs played the last game anyway.  So why did they have to change anything on how they play game 1,2, and 3...confuses me.

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If they bring Zach back before week 4, Saleh is going to look like an idiot again.

Saleh originally couldn't tell us he was out week 1....... but then decided he HAD to tell us he was out until week 4. 

Why can't these teams just say,  it's week to week with a target of week 4 but perhaps sooner if his knee responds better than expected. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

and speaking of offseason why did anything have to change in what games your 1s started and how much they play.  When there were 4 preseason games only scrubs played the last game anyway.  So why did they have to change anything on how they play game 1,2, and 3...confuses me.

Teams are terrified of injuries in the preseason.

So some teams have all but eliminated starters playing in the new shortened preseason.

Not a view I agree with, but it's their asses, if they want to coach fearfully, it's their call.