Wilson at practice warming up

kevinc855

Just now, Trotter said:

@slimjasi - what did you say yesterday that Sunday can't get here soon enough?

While I do not know if it will happen, a win will have a significant positive impact on this board - at least until Wednesday of next week. 

You kidding me, some will bitch that it already ruined their draft status for next year and they'll miss out on Bryce Young. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

You kidding me, some will bitch that it already ruined their draft status for next year and they'll miss out on Bryce Young. 

or they will bitch that Flacco got the 1st win in September for this team in forever and that he is guaranteed to start week 3 if Zach isnt ready. 

now that i think about it there probably is a good portion of this board rooting for a loss so they dont have to see Flacco next week

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

or they will bitch that Flacco got the 1st win in September for this team in forever and that he is guaranteed to start week 3 if Zach isnt ready. 

now that i think about it there probably is a good portion of this board rooting for a loss so they dont have to see Flacco next week

If we do lose on sunday - is it possible we get the we have hit rock bottom posts in week 2?

Would that be a record for earliest time in a season?

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Just to be clear we have people in this thread bashing him for not wanting to play hurt and people bashing him for playing too hard in a preseason game. 

Count me out of the wanting Wilson to play hurt crowd. I'd rather wait an extra game to get the most healed Wilson possible over getting him on time or a game early. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Just to be clear we have people in this thread bashing him for not wanting to play hurt and people bashing him for playing too hard in a preseason game. 

How about just don't get hurt so often?  Eli Manning missed 1 game over a 14-year period (and it wasn't due to injury) and meanwhile each of the 2 most recent drafted Jets QB's has missed at least 3 games every season.

Soft players lead to soft results.  

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

How about just don't get hurt so often?  Eli Manning missed 1 game over a 14 year period and meanwhile each of the 2 most recent drafted Jets QB's has missed at least 3 games every season.

Soft players lead to soft results.  

Derrick Henry missed games last year , JJ Watt missed games guess they are soft also. Newsflash , injuries happen in football . 

• WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Derrick Henry missed games last year , JJ Watt missed games guess they are soft also. Newsflash , injuries happen in football . 

This is two years in a row that Z has missed significant time.  That doesn't bode will for his and the team's future.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Burrow missed games both seasons, Mahomes missed games last year as did Lamar Jackson - guess their futures are bleak 

Mahomes played 17 last year.  He missed a game in 2020, but that was week 17 resting for the playoffs.  He did miss a couple of games in 2019 with a dislocated patella.  Burrow had the big injury in 2020, but last year he only sat the last game resting for the playoffs.  Jackson missed two games before last season.  One was resting for the playoffs, the other was on the Covid list.  I don't see this as an apples to apples comparison of being "injury prone"

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Mahomes played 17 last year.  He missed a game in 2020, but that was week 17 resting for the playoffs.  He did miss a couple of games in 2019 with a dislocated patella.  Burrow had the big injury in 2020, but last year he only sat the last game resting for the playoffs.  Jackson missed two games before last season.  One was resting for the playoffs, the other was on the Covid list.  I don't see this as an apples to apples comparison of being "injury prone"

I never understood the term injury prone.  Its like saying your illness prone or accident prone. Humans playing sports get injured it happens. Doesn't predict further injuries especially if you had surgery to fix the issue as in Zach's case. 

51 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

Haha.  Hero ball.  Fake news.  Made up term.

Synonym: gunslinger.  What everyone wants.

Sheesh.

Nah. He tried to be a hero while down 14 in a meaningless pre-season game, and now he is out until week four. 

Every term is made up at some point. Like "sheesh" for example. That is a made-up term.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I never understood the term injury prone.  Its like saying your illness prone or accident prone. Humans playing sports get injured it happens. Doesn't predict further injuries especially if you had surgery to fix the issue as in Zach's case. 

Is this the Frank Gore argument?  Durability is not a concern?  We are just going to shrug our shoulders and say oh well?  

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Claymation said:

For the love of all things holy, How was the play he was injured on "Hero Ball"?

Not rhetorical, please elaborate.

He was trying to make something out of a busted play in a meaningless preseason game. In a preseason game, the two correct moves are going out of bounds or sliding. Never mind risking a non-contact injury, because they just happen. A QB could end up taking an unnecessary hit from someone like Quincy Williams. A shot to the head, knee, ankle, etc.

Was it the ultimate example of hero ball? No, but it falls into the hero ball category. Just like sometimes the best play is to tuck the ball and take the sack or maybe to just throw it into the stands when no receivers are open. 

A regular season game is a different story. One great play can alter a game, season, playoff contention, etc. A great play in preseason and $2.75 gets you on a NYC bus. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Nah. He tried to be a hero while down 14 in a meaningless pre-season game, and now he is out until week four. 

Every term is made up at some point. Like "sheesh" for example. That is a made-up term.

This is really silly.

He made a very basic inside cut - to try and get a first down.  He didn't try to take on blockers - or run through tacklers.  It really is silly to call it "Hero Ball"  - whatever that means.

If he has to be worried about making a cut like that - into nobody - and being injured than he shouldn't be playing.   You'll get your wish, because he won't be around very long.

But it was a basic move - one he should continue to make, without fear.

• Upvote 1