Ok i give up. What the “receipts” thing

HighPitch

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

People who can't perform a simple google search are even worse than the people who pretend they don't what's going. 

Knowing what's 'cool' doesn't necessarily make one cool. Just saying. Sometimes quite the opposite. And NYC and it's local bubble may be the worst of all the bubble bitches. This 'receipt' sh*t is for idiots. 

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

It’s a dumb thing said by our struggling Head Coach.  Nothing more.

Also just read what he said today…  He said he was just defending the locker room with the receipts quote.  Why was he defending his players?  They’re the ones that just laid an egg on the field.  It seems Saleh is becoming a bit too sensitive.  Seems every time his team sucks, he’s up there saying “WE’RE NOT THE SOJ, OK!?” instead of addressing his team that just sucked.  How about holding the players (and yourself) accountable instead of crying about outside noise?  If Wilson comes back and plays poorly and Saleh is STILL taking about baby steps/patienceI will not be too pleased.

Saleh should stop trying to decipher his idioms for the press and start trying to decipher how to win.  Anyone who didn’t already share this sentiment is misled.  I’m not interested in next year’s week 2, I’m interested in this year’s.

Why is the Punter still on the Roster?

I repeat, why is the Punter still on the Roster?

Not just singling him out. He’s a terrible punter, one of the worst in the league, but there have also been players just like himself who have played horrifically but still have never been shown the door over JD’s tenure.

The fans have “receipts” too, and the Punter is one of them.  Not cutting someone who doesn’t belong on a pro roster is a way of not admitting you made a bad mistake in building the team.  This actually has gone on for Decades with the Jets, where pretty much as long as you were Drafted doesn’t matter how bad you are, they’re keeping you until the last day of your contract.  No one wants to own the blown pick.

Very very difficult to have a winning program when every mediocre to less than mediocre person that have been in Jet FO’s and coaching staffs do nothing but cover for each other’s mistakes and when they’re finally forced to address their mistakes it’s all “happy talk”...”he’ll get better, looked real good in practice this week”....while the Johnson’s keep writing them checks they don’t deserve while counting all their tv money which is way over and above the salaries paid to the same types over and over again, outside the salary of a real HC, can’t have one of those, too expensive.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Why is the Punter still on the Roster?

I repeat, why is the Punter still on the Roster?

Not just singling him out. He’s a terrible punter, one of the worst in the league, but there have also been players just like himself who have played horrifically but still have never been shown the door over JD’s tenure.

The fans have “receipts” too, and the Punter is one of them.  Not cutting someone who doesn’t belong on a pro roster is a way of not admitting you made a bad mistake in building the team.  This actually has gone on for Decades with the Jets, where pretty much as long as you were Drafted doesn’t matter how bad you are, they’re keeping you until the last day of your contract.  No one wants to own the blown pick.

Very very difficult to have a winning program when every mediocre to less than mediocre person that have been in Jet FO’s and coaching staffs do nothing but cover for each other’s mistakes and when they’re finally forced to address their mistakes it’s all “happy talk”...”he’ll get better, looked real good in practice this week”....while the Johnson’s keep writing them checks they don’t deserve while counting all their tv money which is way over and above the salaries paid to the same types over and over again, outside the salary of a real HC, can’t have one of those, too expensive.

Because for the Jets he plays significant snaps. 

11 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Saw something pointed out that I had totally forgotten:

Saying Saleh is 4-14 is actually giving him too much credit.

Ron Middleton coached the Jags game which Saleh missed with COVID.

Saleh has 3 wins in 17 attempts.

Not even being a wiseass. It's amazing how bad this guy is and how many excuse makers he has. 

1362971873_wee-bey-gif.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Im not giving up on the guy quite yet but this thing is just fodder for the anti-saleh crowd. And thats ok too

So you haven’t given up on Saleh “quite yet,” meaning you are close.

5 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Ohhh ok thanks.

so it’s basically another mountain made out of a molehill by our crappy fanbase.

got it now

But anyone who has put one toe over that line you yourself are edged up against is part of the reason we are a “crappy fanbase.”

Ah, the Internet. “Either you’re exactly at my pace or you’re a raving maniac.”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

We’ll see, I guess. It feels like there’s something weird going on with this team and Saleh is making a lot of unforced errors. 

Simple answer is that Woody got back to the States after helping to destabilize the UK in ways that Hitler could only dream of, sat down and signed $250 million in checks for his bottom-of-the-league roster, and said “Awesome! So how many of those bowl games amI winning this year?” Woody didn’t hire Saleh, and Woody gives no ****s about anyone’s rebuilding “plan.” All he knows is that his home opener didn’t sell out and his darling boy QB looks like a healthy scratch right now. Saleh could just be cracking under the pressure.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Simple answer is that Woody got back to the States after helping to destabilize the UK in ways that Hitler could only dream of, sat down and signed $250 million in checks for his bottom-of-the-league roster, and said “Awesome! So how many of those bowl games amI winning this year?” Woody didn’t hire Saleh, and Woody gives no ****s about anyone’s rebuilding “plan.” All he knows is that his home opener didn’t sell out and his darling boy QB looks like a healthy scratch right now. Saleh could just be cracking under the pressure.

As soon as I find out what they are be for a pile of receipts the world has never known. Pal, 

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

We’ll see, I guess. It feels like there’s something weird going on with this team and Saleh is making a lot of unforced errors. 

Here is how I see it...

The underlying problem is Zach Wilson.  Not his injury.  His inability to play the position effectively. I think he is NOT improving and the coaches and GM know it.  

I think Saleh is a good coach.  If a team has a poor roster, you expect them to lose as we saw last year.  In that case, a good way to judge the coach is with thinks like penalties, player effort and the locker room.

We did not see any silly procedural penalties last season.  We didn't see general confusion.  We didn't see players quitting with respect to their effort even when games were realistically out of reach.  And, despite the losses, we never saw or hear anything in the way of players acting out, backstabbing or taking critically in front of the medial

Those are signs of a well coached team with a bad roster. 

Now, the Jets roster is a lot better thanks to the recently excellent job by the GM.

Watching the Ravens game, I saw a very nice defense.  One that can win games with room to spare IF the offense can score points.

On offense, I saw a lot of good thigs.  Michael Cater looks real good, the new WR Wilson looks dangerous to opposing defenders. He is aggressive to the ball and he has moves by rote once he has possession.  The other WR's look impressive as well and new TEs fill a major hole.  

What is missing is s a QB.  That is *EVERYTHING* now.

And, that brings us back to the compelling issue.  No QB = No Team circa 2022 NFL

Saleh knows it.  Flacco cant run LaFleurs offense.  Wilson is a bust.  White is a scrub.

Saleh has no where to go with respect to the QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I think Saleh is a good coach.  If a team has a poor roster, you expect them to lose as we saw last year.  In that case, a good way to judge the coach is with thinks like penalties, player effort and the locker room.

We did not see any silly procedural penalties last season.  We didn't see general confusion.  We didn't see players quitting with respect to their effort even when games were realistically out of reach.  And, despite the losses, we never saw or hear anything in the way of players acting out, backstabbing or taking critically in front of the medial

Those are signs of a well coached team with a bad roster. 

And, that brings us back to the compelling issue.  No QB = No Team circa 2022 NFL

Saleh knows it.  Flacco cant run LaFleurs offense.  Wilson is a bust.  White is a scrub.

Saleh has no where to go with respect to the QB.

There's no reason whatsoever from what we've seen so far to think Saleh is a good HC.  We were blown out of far too many games last year (basically the same ratio as Gase).  And to blame our losing on Flacco is like saying our HC doesn't know what he's talking about.  There is no HC in the NFL who is a bigger fan of Flacco than Robert Saleh.  And that was true even when Flacco wasn't on the Jets.

image.png.eaed510e718b97c22f94eee440a18d33.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There's no reason whatsoever from what we've seen so far to think Saleh is a good HC.  We were blown out of far too many games last year (basically the same ratio as Gase).  And to blame our losing on Flacco is like saying our HC doesn't know what he's talking about.  There is no HC in the NFL who is a bigger fan of Flacco than Robert Saleh.  And that was true even when Flacco wasn't on the Jets.

image.png.eaed510e718b97c22f94eee440a18d33.png

They got wiped out because they had arguably the worst roster in the league.  The score was lopsided in the Ravens game because the offense could not sustain a drive due to the qb play. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

They got wiped out because they had arguably the worst roster in the league.  The score was lopsided in the Ravens game because the offense could not sustain a drive due to the qb play. 

How did Pete Carroll do with a rebuilding team that had Geno Smith as its starting QB against Denver?

• Thumb Down 1

When i said “ crappy fan base” i meant this impatience regarding a 2nd year coach and qb. And its not even week 2 of the second year!

As stated I am also starting to question saleh and zach but week 2 of the second year is FAAAAARRRRRRR too early to build the gallows.

I get it….. Jets fans are beaten down and abused. They have the right to be upset. Agree 100%

But right now if saleh picks his nose it will get noticed and he will crucified for it by this fan base. Overblow everything!

But for christs sake cant they get a full second season before becoming hysterical? Who know this team might wake up and start winning then what?

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

When i said “ crappy fan base” i meant this impatience regarding a 2nd year coach and qb. And its not even week 2 of the second year!

As stated I am also starting to question saleh and zach but week 2 of the second year is FAAAAARRRRRRR too early to build the gallows.

I get it….. Jets fans are beaten down and abused. They have the right to be upset. Agree 100%

But right now if saleh picks his nose it will get noticed and he will crucified for it by this fan base. Overblow everything!

But for christs sake cant they get a full second season before becoming hysterical? Who know this team might wake up and start winning then what?

Nobody is saying to fire Saleh after 1 week (or even at any time during this season).  However, the team supposedly made a major upgrade in its talent level this offseason but, yet, week 1 felt like it could've easily been a game from 2021.

Yes, the defense looked good in the 1st half.  But we still ended up losing by 15 and had an entire 4th quarter of GT.  Then we get Saleh bragging that things are different and he's taking receipts?!?!

This fanbase doesn't need any more empty rhetoric.  We also don't want our HC to focus on things that are irrelevant to his job (like what reporters and fans are saying about the team).  Focus on trying to win games and improving the team.

It's amazing that Jet fans get called "crappy" for stuff like this.  Our HC was 100% out-of-line here and richly deserved the criticism.

You ask "Who know this team might wake up and start winning then what?"

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT TO HAVE HAPPEN!  There is no "then what?"

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

.....i meant this impatience.....

5 of the last 7 seasons had 11 losses or more.

1 winning season in the last 12.

Longest active playoff-drought in the NFL.

No Division Winners for 22 years.

No Super Bowl appearances for over 50 years.

"Impatient".  :-k

Apparently you only agree if those Jets Fans are exactly as "upset" as you are. 

Any more that that, and we're a sh*tty fanbase as you see it.

Telling your fanbase you're keeping "receipts" of their concerns/complaints to hold it against them later isn't "picking your nose".

Generally it's a bad idea for a Head Coach to insult his own fanbase.

Who know this team might wake up and start winning then what?

Put your money where your mouth is, and place a big bet that the Jets will "start winning".

I am sure the online gambling folks will be happy to take it.

Otherwise, you're just full of the usual Homer "I'm a better fan than you" hot air.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

5 of the last 7 seasons had 11 losses or more.

1 winning season in the last 12.

Longest active playoff-drought in the NFL.

No Division Winners for 22 years.

No Super Bowl appearances for over 50 years.

"Impatient".  :-k

Apparently you only agree if those Jets Fans are exactly as "upset" as you are. 

Any more that that, and we're a sh*tty fanbase as you see it.

Telling your fanbase you're keeping "receipts" of their concerns/complaints to hold it against them later isn't "picking your nose".

Generally it's a bad idea for a Head Coach to insult his own fanbase.

Put your money where your mouth is, and place a big bet that the Jets will "start winning".

I am sure the online gambling folks will be happy to take it.

Otherwise, you're just full of the usual Homer "I'm a better fan than you" hot air.

I cant believe i pulled over to respond to this junk:

point 1: It doesnt matter if the jets have not won a game in 40 years. Thats not on saleh/zach. This is now, and now is just 1 season and 1 game old for the CURRENT regime.

2. I already clearly stated what I meant by crappy fan base. I even said it was reasonable to have that attitude. 

3. i dont agree that saleh insulted his fan base. I believe he was referring to the nfl talking heads. Either way he said he would prove everyone wrong and I am ok with that. I didnt wet my panties in a frenzy like you ladies. Sorry charley

4. I can turn this around and make it about you. Are you the “better fan” that is in charge of slapping the guy who believes he is the actual “better fan”?

I am not a “better fan” nor am I they gold standard of jet fans to judge others. Thats all low self esteem psychobabble by you guys. Im a random fan on the internet that has an opinion that has never met you so give me a break

This place is toxic af seriously go get laid or adipt a puppy or something

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Salehs comments don't anger me but we have seen this act plenty of times before......these guys come from other places and think they are gonna win these battles with the fans and media and it never works out well.  So it's just a matter of time before Saleh self destructs this year which I'm not happy about I thought he was smarter than this.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HighPitch said:

I cant believe i pulled over to respond to this junk:

I can't believe you did either.

point 1: It doesnt matter if the jets have not won a game in 40 years. Thats not on saleh/zach. This is now, and now is just 1 season and 1 game old for the CURRENT regime.

4-14 so far, with the oddsmakers clearly seeing a low win season in our future.  

4-14 is bad enough to warrant criticism on it's own.

If you're happy with that, great.  Good for you. 

Some of us aren't.  You not liking it is irrelevant.

And yes, the history matters.  Every new GM and Coach takes that on when they take on the job.  

3. i dont agree that saleh insulted his fan base. I believe he was referring to the nfl talking heads. 

Great, clearly not everyone agrees with you.  The very fact that some ambiguity exists means it was a dumb, misguided comment.

I didnt wet my panties in a frenzy like you ladies. Sorry charley

The only panty wetting I see here is your reply, Mr. "pulled over to angrily to reply to a random comment on the internet", lol. 

Who does that, seriously?  Maybe you should go get laid or get a puppy or something, right?

4. I can turn this around and make it about you. Are you the “better fan” that is in charge of slapping the guy who believes he is the actual “better fan”?

I'm not the one of us attacking other fans for being "toxic" or horrible or whathaveyou in almost every post lately. 

That sir, is you.  

This place is toxic af seriously go get laid or adipt a puppy or something

Yes, a puppy!  That will clearly make the Jets losing better.  Why couldn't we think of that?!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

I can't believe you did either.

4-14 so far, with the oddsmakers clearly seeing a low win season in our future.  

4-14 is bad enough to warrant criticism on it's own.

If you're happy with that, great.  Good for you. 

Some of us aren't.  You not liking it is irrelevant.

And yes, the history matters.  Every new GM and Coach takes that on when they take on the job.  

Great, clearly not everyone agrees with you.  The very fact that some ambiguity exists means it was a dumb, misguided comment.

The only panty wetting I see here is your reply, Mr. "pulled over to angrily to reply to a random comment on the internet", lol. 

Who does that, seriously?  Maybe you should go get laid or get a puppy or something, right?

I'm not the one of us attacking other fans for being "toxic" or horrible or whathaveyou in almost every post lately. 

That sir, is you.  

Yes, a puppy!  That will clearly make the Jets losing better.  Why couldn't we think of that?!

After the first game in the second year of a complete teardown (Started one year before he got there) they won 4 games, in which it was Saleh's first year as HC and with the youngest roster in the league.

You are now going to hold that record over his head? This is beyond ignorant and stupid and you are better then that. I have watched you post for a long time and you have a lot of decent points to make but this is just not relevant.

What has happened for the last 12 years before Saleh should not count against Saleh as most of you are doing. Sure they sucked with a terrible team, terrible roster and bad coaches. But for once the Jets actually did the right thing and not a half measure of ripping all the junk out of the building and basically starting fresh without the old, we'll try and compete and tear it down at the same time.

Now it is beyond frustrating that their 2 most important positions that they drafted have a hard time staying on the field but that is not Saleh's fault. Blame it on the turf, maybe but Zach got hurt somewhere else. Blame it on JD, maybe but a lot of his other picks seem to be very talented.

If this team was terribly coached you would see tons of bad penalties, bad time outs, unmotivated players, and slacking players... I personally have not seen any of that.

So what this fanbase is calling for his head even though he hasn't even been given a chance to have his drafted QB on the field of his 2nd year and they lost to a team that had 2-3 plays that beat them. They did not get blown out, although it feels that way when the offense doesn't score, but overall that game was a first step in what seems like it will be a good season.

And don't give me this defensive argument that nobody is calling for him to be fired, but yet every other post is Saleh is bad, Saleh is a cheerleader, Saleh can't coach, etc. etc. What is the end game of that..... You are basically saying he shouldn't coach the team, ala needs to be fired... There is no other way to put it. There are some that are critical here of things he does which is understandable but most of the website right now is bashing JD, Saleh, or Zach saying that 1 or 2 or all three need to go without even giving them a full season together after a teardown year.

Main point is that the 50 Years of suck this franchise has had should not be weighed so heavily on a coach in his first game of his 2nd year.  Sure quote records or whatever you want... But even Zac Taylor on Cincy (an actual worse team) was given 2 years before they started calling for his firing and what was his record??

image.thumb.png.8f0fc2b82086dc0bdb554b06562a48dc.png

He won 6 games in his first 2 years...

Or how about Kyle Shanahan?

image.png

6 games in year 1 and 4 the 2nd year.... People in SF were furious and wanted his head... but then what happened... It clicked...

Nobody here is saying wait 5 more years, but jesus can we at least give him a few weeks before you send him to the gallows.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1