Saleh’s Real Record

12 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Yeah that’s my point.

He doesn’t deserve the W.

Riverboat Ron coached the team.  Saleh was on his sofa or whatever watching from home.

I get that .. but the fact remains History has and will always see Saleh as having 4 wins as of now.

On 9/15/2022 at 5:49 AM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Sorry for the new thread, but felt like this ought to be pointed out, since 4-13 (now 4-14) keeps being cited as Saleh’s record.

But to help put things in perspective:

Since Saleh took over, the Jets are officially 4-14.

If it wasn’t for Mike White, though, the reality is Robert Saleh would be 2-15 as the HC of the NYJ.

That’s a worse stretch than the skid that got universally despised Adam Gase canned.

The other 2 wins came via the heroic performance by MW, whom Saleh (and half the fanbase) apparently despises, and the Jags game coached by non-wuss Riverboat Ron Middleton.

Saleh’s 2 non-MW wins are over TEN and HOU.

Saleh has no leg to stand on when it comes to criticism. It’s all deserved, every bit of it.

He can have “60%” Navy Seals t-shirts printed til the cows come home.  

But in order for his win % to reach that number (60%) — a mark which would qualify him as one of the better head coaches in the league — he would literally have to win the next 18 games in a row.

You need to stop posting and trolling.   NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR OPINION

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 9/15/2022 at 5:49 AM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Sorry for the new thread, but felt like this ought to be pointed out, since 4-13 (now 4-14) keeps being cited as Saleh’s record.

But to help put things in perspective:

Since Saleh took over, the Jets are officially 4-14.

If it wasn’t for Mike White, though, the reality is Robert Saleh would be 2-15 as the HC of the NYJ.

That’s a worse stretch than the skid that got universally despised Adam Gase canned.

The other 2 wins came via the heroic performance by MW, whom Saleh (and half the fanbase) apparently despises, and the Jags game coached by non-wuss Riverboat Ron Middleton.

Saleh’s 2 non-MW wins are over TEN and HOU.

Saleh has no leg to stand on when it comes to criticism. It’s all deserved, every bit of it.

He can have “60%” Navy Seals t-shirts printed til the cows come home.  

But in order for his win % to reach that number (60%) — a mark which would qualify him as one of the better head coaches in the league — he would literally have to win the next 18 games in a row.

I would settle for starting Mike white till Zach is ready 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

?

Bet you went through the same gif selection process also. “Oh this version has the subtitle. This way some excuse-maker can’t tell us Mr. T is actually saying ‘the Jets Quarterback is young but I dare say I admire the cut of his jib and by Jove, I do believe he will be quite the sensation.’”

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, jgb said:

Bet you went through the same gif selection process also. “Oh this version has the subtitle. This way some excuse-maker can’t tell us Mr. T is actually saying ‘the Jets Quarterback is young but I dare say I admire the cut of his jib and by Jove, I do believe he will be quite the sensation.’”

Perfect impersonation of Mr T

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

They also tied the Steelers on the road.

After a rough start in ‘21, that Lions team has been competitive in the 4th Q of pretty much every game.

Their fan base senses they are moving in the right direction.

I think most Jets fans would settle for that.

I don’t root for the Lions, so I don’t care if their fan base is happy or unhappy.

I’ve watched every Jet game Saleh has coached.  It’s the same old garbage with the same old excuses.  The game essentially being over either at halftime or by the 3rd Q.

As far as Saleh’s W-L record, he has to own it.  I don’t get whining about it.  It’s not like somebody else coached this team, and he’s getting blamed for bad football he wasn’t responsible for.

None of what you said explains why you think Saleh has to own his W-L record but Campbell doesn’t.  “Competitive in the 4th Q” doesn’t get you into the playoffs.  So, your righteousness in coming after Saleh so hard based on actual wins while giving Campbell a pass because you like him doesn’t hold water.  And trying to take away some of Saleh’s actual wins just because makes less sense.

If we’re counting moral victories like Campbell’s, let’s add Saleh almost beating the defending champs / “GOAT” QB last year to his resume, and also give him the game that was won by his hand-picked stand-in and coaching staff, using the playbooks he put in place, even though he couldn’t actually be on the sidelines due to COVID.  Is that how your game is played?

We get it.  You don’t like Saleh.  Altering facts to make him look worse than he already does isn’t going to move the needle.

6 hours ago, MykePM said:

None of what you said explains why you think Saleh has to own his W-L record but Campbell doesn’t.  “Competitive in the 4th Q” doesn’t get you into the playoffs.  So, your righteousness in coming after Saleh so hard based on actual wins while giving Campbell a pass because you like him doesn’t hold water.  And trying to take away some of Saleh’s actual wins just because makes less sense.

If we’re counting moral victories like Campbell’s, let’s add Saleh almost beating the defending champs / “GOAT” QB last year to his resume, and also give him the game that was won by his hand-picked stand-in and coaching staff, using the playbooks he put in place, even though he couldn’t actually be on the sidelines due to COVID.  Is that how your game is played?

We get it.  You don’t like Saleh.  Altering facts to make him look worse than he already does isn’t going to move the needle.

Where did I say Campbell doesn’t have to own his record?  He does.

But if the team is going to lose — like the Jets have — I’d much rather them at least be competitive late in games, entertaining, and fun to watch.

I don’t believe in Robert Saleh.

Why should I?  And why do I need to explain myself?

Obviously, I’d take McVay or BB over Campbell, but they weren’t available.

Was using Campbell as an illustration to make a point about the same old BS with Saleh.

If you want to buy what he’s selling, go right ahead.

16 hours ago, MykePM said:

The lions almost beat the eagles last Sunday.  Sorry, they are in way better shape than the jets

On 9/17/2022 at 2:48 AM, MykePM said:

it's simple, one team came out and showed something after a long offseason of talking about improvement, and the other team which should be further ahead in the rebuild (with a backup QB) came out and sh*t the bed. they were unprepared and overwhelmed by a ravens team on their 3rd LT, 5th RB, and down a starting corner.

if you ask me to pick between the 2 teams right now, i'd feel good about the jets on talent...but the "positive vibes" stop there.