Jump to content

Bob Saleh NJSP Escort to MSG


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Good grief..................

Why do you always immediately jump to defend people for posting things like this?  Do you not think Francesa knows what he's talking about?  The dude has been in this town forever.  The dude knows what winning football outfits look like and what losers look like.  And the Jets are losers (whether it insults your rabbit ears or not).  

Until the Jets start to win they deserve everything they get.  This is the big leagues.  This is big business.  If someone can't handle the pressure of NYC and the pressure of being a HC then opt out. 

I was a huge fan of the hire.  I remain a huge fan of JD.  I am getting concerned.  Our DC shut me up this week.  They played a hell of a game and I like what I saw.  They gave the fans something to cheer about.  But the overall team continues to suck.  No one cares about anything else.  It's about wins and losses.  This team hasn't won a game in Sept since 2018.  Think about that next time you react to someone not being pleased with this team, coaching staff, etc.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Look at Page 6 everyday.  You see pictures of celebrities out in public.  You can usually see paid security accompanying them.  Melinda Gates, etc. have been out and about NYC.  They hire security.

This is an issue for the corrupt State of New Jersey.  I don't know why Rob Saleh should get government-paid escort, unless for some (possible) reason that he or the Jets reimbursed the cost himself.

That is the question I would be asking if I was a NJ taxpayer.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Why do you always immediately jump to defend people for posting things like this?  Do you not think Francesa knows what he's talking about?  The dude has been in this town forever.  The dude knows what winning football outfits look like and what losers look like.  And the Jets are losers (whether it insults your rabbit ears or not).  

Until the Jets start to win they deserve everything they get.  This is the big leagues.  This is big business.  If someone can't handle the pressure of NYC and the pressure of being a HC then opt out. 

I was a huge fan of the hire.  I remain a huge fan of JD.  I am getting concerned.  Our DC shut me up this week.  They played a hell of a game and I like what I saw.  They gave the fans something to cheer about.  But the overall team continues to suck.  No one cares about anything else.  It's about wins and losses.  This team hasn't won a game in Sept since 2018.  Think about that next time you react to someone not being pleased with this team, coaching staff, etc.

bingo.

Francesa knows what he's looking at simply as a function of time. He has experience.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jbt said:

now that's funny, a knick playoff game

index.jpeg.2bf72b833438a06260316a1e726c7deb.jpeg

But it was a playoff game.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10004137-robert-salehs-police-escort-to-knicks-game-wasnt-authorized-nj-state-police-say

The Knicks were in the playoffs the season before last, lol. Meanwhile, the Jets haven't been in the playoffs since the first Obama administration. 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Do you not think Francesa knows what he's talking about?  The dude has been in this town forever.  The dude knows what winning football outfits look like and what losers look like. 

He will tell you that too. He won a SB with the Giants, remember? He's a blowhard who lost relevance about 15 years ago.  He spent 75% of his time talking about the Yankees, 15% about the Giants 5% on the Knicks and the other 5% bashing the Jets and Mets. He knew college hoops back in the 80s.  Now he is an old man fighting to stay relevant.  

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

He will tell you that too. He won a SB with the Giants, remember? He's a blowhard who lost relevance about 15 years ago.  He spent 75% of his time talking about the Yankees, 15% about the Giants 5% on the Knicks and the other 5% bashing the Jets and Mets. He knew college hoops back in the 80s.  Now he is an old man fighting to stay relevant.  

And he made MILLIONS off clowns like you and I tuning in to hear what he was going to say.

To some extent: that right there is marketing genius.  I respect it.  The man knew what to do, when to do it and how to get listeners and it worked.

  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

He will tell you that too. He won a SB with the Giants, remember? He's a blowhard who lost relevance about 15 years ago.  He spent 75% of his time talking about the Yankees, 15% about the Giants 5% on the Knicks and the other 5% bashing the Jets and Mets. He knew college hoops back in the 80s.  Now he is an old man fighting to stay relevant.  

I'm not going to tell you who to like or not like.  That's your prerogative.  But if you don't think Mike F is an all-timer as a sports radio talk show host you simply are mistaken.  He basically created the format and whether you like him or not it's hard to argue that he's been wrong about the Jets.  The guy has a deep understanding of NY and what it takes to be successful here.  Yes, he loves the Yanks.  Loves the GMen.  But he hasn't been wrong.  The Giants won 4 super bowls in 25 years or so.  The Yanks were dominant.  He didn't love Rex even though the Jets had success but I can also understand that.  The things that came out of his mouth were nuts.

But he's worth paying attention to...in my view.  And I tend to agree with him.  I hope I'm wrong.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

I'm not going to tell you who to like or not like.  That's your prerogative.  But if you don't think Mike F is an all-timer as a sports radio talk show host you simply are mistaken.  He basically created the format and whether you like him or not it's hard to argue that he's been wrong about the Jets.  The guy has a deep understanding of NY and what it takes to be successful here.  Yes, he loves the Yanks.  Loves the GMen.  But he hasn't been wrong.  The Giants won 4 super bowls in 25 years or so.  The Yanks were dominant.  He didn't love Rex even though the Jets had success but I can also understand that.  The things that came out of his mouth were nuts.

But he's worth paying attention to...in my view.  And I tend to agree with him.  I hope I'm wrong.  

Hard to argue?  He's a fat ******* moron that spouts sh*t on the radio.  I don't think he's had any special info on the Jets since his fat buddy Parcells left.  You think he's been right?  It took a genius to know the Jets would suck?  That the '98 Yankees were good? 

You are correct that he is an all-timer on sports radio.  That is not a particularly high bar in my opinion.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

I'm not going to tell you who to like or not like.  That's your prerogative.  But if you don't think Mike F is an all-timer as a sports radio talk show host you simply are mistaken.  He basically created the format and whether you like him or not it's hard to argue that he's been wrong about the Jets.  The guy has a deep understanding of NY and what it takes to be successful here.  Yes, he loves the Yanks.  Loves the GMen.  But he hasn't been wrong.  The Giants won 4 super bowls in 25 years or so.  The Yanks were dominant.  He didn't love Rex even though the Jets had success but I can also understand that.  The things that came out of his mouth were nuts.

But he's worth paying attention to...in my view.  And I tend to agree with him.  I hope I'm wrong.  

He was knowledgeable and influential in the 90s.  Since 2009 he has been an old cranky blowhard who has very little knowledge.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, varjet said:

Look at Page 6 everyday.  You see pictures of celebrities out in public.  You can usually see paid security accompanying them.  Melinda Gates, etc. have been out and about NYC.  They hire security.

This is an issue for the corrupt State of New Jersey.  I don't know why Rob Saleh should get government-paid escort, unless for some (possible) reason that he or the Jets reimbursed the cost himself.

That is the question I would be asking if I was a NJ taxpayer.  

Yeah as a NJ taxpayer this is on the top of my list of things to worry about ?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

He was knowledgeable and influential in the 90s.  Since 2009 he has been an old cranky blowhard who has very little knowledge.  

Do you listen to his daily podcast?  The sad truth is there's really no other podcaster out there that dedicates any time to the Jets that's remotely as insightful as he is. Can't Wait Podcast - OK.  Turn on the Jets - brutal and I used to love Joe Caporoso.  Cimini is actually good.  Tell me who's better.  You just don't like that he's been talking the truth about your team.  And I can't fathom how in the world you could be defending this franchise.  It's been 12 years man.  We've been as irrelevant as they come.  They've been stealing our money.  Wake up.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Do you listen to his daily podcast?  The sad truth is there's really no other podcaster out there that dedicates any time to the Jets that's remotely as insightful as he is. Can't Wait Podcast - OK.  Turn on the Jets - brutal and I used to love Joe Caporoso.  Cimini is actually good.  Tell me who's better.  You just don't like that he's been talking the truth about your team.  And I can't fathom how in the world you could be defending this franchise.  It's been 12 years man.  We've been as irrelevant as they come.  They've been stealing our money.  Wake up.

Do I understand you correctly that Frances’s talks the truth about the jets?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Do you listen to his daily podcast?  The sad truth is there's really no other podcaster out there that dedicates any time to the Jets that's remotely as insightful as he is. Can't Wait Podcast - OK.  Turn on the Jets - brutal and I used to love Joe Caporoso.  Cimini is actually good.  Tell me who's better.  You just don't like that he's been talking the truth about your team.  And I can't fathom how in the world you could be defending this franchise.  It's been 12 years man.  We've been as irrelevant as they come.  They've been stealing our money.  Wake up.

I'm not defending the Jets. I'm criticizing the Fat Man.  I stopped listening to him 13 years ago because it was horrible.  3 hours a day dissecting who should be the back up second baseman for the Yankees and who should be the Mets 3rd LH relief pitcher.  And then a 10 minute rant on some team other than the Yanks or Giants just to get a rise.  He became a joke and remains one.  He's an arrogant blowhard.  That is my point. He's a caricature of himself.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

Laugh all you want: the guy has seen dozens and dozens of head coaches come through this town.  Dozens.  The guy probably knows what he is looking at at this point.

Francesa’s point was solid—Saleh has acted like he’s some big-time coach from the second he was hired despite never winning a thing. He mentioned the police escort thing as an example of that. There is a weird sense of entitlement that emanates from Saleh—like he’s some mastermind whose plan is working perfectly and just you all wait. The reality is that he couldn’t even get his DC gig back with the Niners if he wanted it because DeMeco Ryans has been better in that role

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Francesa’s point was solid—Saleh has acted like he’s some big-time coach from the second he was hired despite never winning a thing. He mentioned the police escort thing as an example of that. There is a weird sense of entitlement that emanates from Saleh—like he’s some mastermind whose plan is working perfectly and just you all wait. The reality is that he couldn’t even get his DC gig back with the Niners if he wanted it because DeMeco Ryans has been better in that role

He’ll be partying with Eric Adams in no time.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

Laugh all you want: the guy has seen dozens and dozens of head coaches come through this town.  Dozens.  The guy probably knows what he is looking at at this point.

The last thing I do when I listen to Mike is think “Yeah, this guy knows what he’s talking about.”

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Do you listen to his daily podcast?  The sad truth is there's really no other podcaster out there that dedicates any time to the Jets that's remotely as insightful as he is. Can't Wait Podcast - OK.  Turn on the Jets - brutal and I used to love Joe Caporoso.  Cimini is actually good.  Tell me who's better.  You just don't like that he's been talking the truth about your team.  And I can't fathom how in the world you could be defending this franchise.  It's been 12 years man.  We've been as irrelevant as they come.  They've been stealing our money.  Wake up.

The Jets podcasts SUCK ding dongs.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Francesa’s point was solid—Saleh has acted like he’s some big-time coach from the second he was hired despite never winning a thing. He mentioned the police escort thing as an example of that. There is a weird sense of entitlement that emanates from Saleh—like he’s some mastermind whose plan is working perfectly and just you all wait. The reality is that he couldn’t even get his DC gig back with the Niners if he wanted it because DeMeco Ryans has been better in that role

bingo

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This comes from a guy who used to tape Mike and the Mad Dog, so that I could listen when I got home from work.  In the early years, he did have good sources on college hoops because he worked on the studio show for CBS.  He did have good info on the Jets when his Buddy  Parcells was the coach. He became even more full of himself during those years.  Amazingly, once Parcells left, Mike started to bash the Jets. Interestingly, Parcells soon dumped Francesa.  
I dumped Francesa too.  When ?  When on his Sunday morning show he kept correcting and interrupting PHIL SIMMS concerning what defense the Giants were playing in their previous game. What a jerk. Apparently he still has sycophants who scoop up his sh*t.

I would be ecstatic if Woody sold the team, but I’m not holding my breath based on anything Back After Dis says.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...