Lefluer over complicating things

12 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you so much!!

I think that Lafleur can be a good OC but on this he is NUTS!!

You don’t put your best players on the field cause they dont know every root tree. Crazy!!

And it shows that Mims whatever folks might think was right in part!!

Think two years ago we had no talent to put on the field. 

Now we have the talent and it the JETS COACHING STAFF that is not putting the Best Talent on the Field!!!

Just sickening!!!

GOOD GRIEF!! :(  

I totally agree that the emphasis on learning all of the WR positions is absurd, and it is very concerning.  Play your best players!  As far as I am concerned, Wilson is a far better receiver than Corey Davis .  Screw the schemes and the preconceived notions.

I felt the same way last year when Saleh was constantly talking about his scheme on defense. For example, I hated the attempt to convert defensive backs into linebackers.  You can’t just take someone who fits certain height and weight parameters and expect him to automatically have the *instincts* to play linebacker.  

5 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Why is it that only Jet WRs are held back because they have not "learned" all of the positions? I've never heard of this with any other position group on any other team. It is starting to sound like more of a coaching and scheme issue than player issue.

It’s clown show stuff 

and these zombie jet fans eat it up lmao

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Of all the coaches, LaFleur is the one we should be the least concerned about.

Hsvebyou all forgotten how creative he is already?

Agreed  I'm not at all worried about him right now.  He earned some trust after last year (not that our O was great but I felt like he was a promising OC).

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Listen, I think he can be a really good OC and saw some of that last year.  But this nonsense of you gotta learn all the positions blabala- no. Put your talented guys out there and form it around them. Find a way to get them the ball.  This shouldn’t be that hard. 

I find it funny that he doesn't want wils on the field until he knows every wr position while Corey Davis runs around not catching the ball for over a year now. 

What are we trying to accomplish here?

The bottom line is that Wilson needs to play.  Enough of this “he has to learn all the positions or he is a chess piece” nonsense.  When you use a top 10 pick on a offensive player that means you expect him to be a impact player for your team pretty much right away.  Wilson is showing he can be that type of player when he gets in the field.  Will he make mistakes? Sure he is a rookie but he needs to play 

• Upvote 1

Do the Jets have enough coaches?  I mean where is the passing game coordinator? I mean I know the Little Flower (stealing that name now) is the default pass game coordinator but you would think he could use some help especially being a rookie and young.

and look at the difference between a well run team

https://www.chiefs.com/team/coaches-roster/

and our our bad news bears

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/coaches-roster/

I know Woody is cheap and they probably have strict budget but could this not be major part of the Jets woes?

15 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Too much worrying about X's and O's and schemes and not enough worrying about heart.  Team came alive in the preseason when Streveler was out there...

Yes, I want to see a chalkboard with diagramed plays for our players represented not by Xs or Os, but rather by hearts.

That would just be the cherry on top. 

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yes, I want to see a chalkboard with diagramed plays for our players represented not by Xs or Os, but rather by hearts.

That would just be the cherry on top. 

Dude, I have no idea what you're trying to say, but this team needs more Jimmy McGinty and Shane Falco, and less "learn every position" while coaching from the sky box...

I've seen enough of LaFleur to know that there is something there. He is simply in the green phase of his career and will shoot some blanks in a rough spot like this. He was working with an unsteady line and a statue of a QB, but as an NFL OC, he needs to overcome all obstacles thrown at him. Would have liked to have seen some innovation with the level of talent that this team has at the skill positions. Not that a double reverse would have been successful, but nothing we were doing was working, so why not try something different?

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Listen, I think he can be a really good OC and saw some of that last year.  But this nonsense of you gotta learn all the positions blabala- no. Put your talented guys out there and form it around them. Find a way to get them the ball.  This shouldn’t be that hard. 

Lefleur need to read a book on "agile"...analysis paralysis will kill this team.

2 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

Do the Jets have enough coaches?  I mean where is the passing game coordinator? I mean I know the Little Flower (stealing that name now) is the default pass game coordinator but you would think he could use some help especially being a rookie and young.

and look at the difference between a well run team

https://www.chiefs.com/team/coaches-roster/

and our our bad news bears

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/coaches-roster/

I know Woody is cheap and they probably have strict budget but could this not be major part of the Jets woes?

interesting

we dont have a passing game coordinator. im shocked after all the big deal last year how we lost Knapp and didnt replace him. 

i wonder how many teams dont have one

18 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

how difficult is to call a go route on the outside to open things up

How difficult is it to run outside when its working  ???.. it wears the d down ! The switch to the inside run only tactics blew my mind.

Edited by Dunnie

On 9/15/2022 at 5:07 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

There were opportunities for Wilson where he created space but for one reason or another (pressure, check down too soon, etc) they were unable to get it to him.

Wilson seems to be very good at improvising which may link up with Zachory very well if they ever take the bubble wrap off.

Wilson is good at improvising because he cant work on schedule.  You can not rely on one or two successful schoolyard plays per game no matter how cool it looks on highlight reels.

Wilson is a BYU college star way out of his element in the NFL

I said this before the draft when I insisted he should be off the Jets board.

I told ya and I told ya.  I done told ya. 

EDIT...

And LaFleur is starting to look like another self impressed genius that uses all his brilliance to jam square pegs into round holes. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, THE BARON said:

Wilson is good at improvising because he cant work on schedule.  You can not rely on one or two successful schoolyard plays per game no matter how cook it looks on highlight reels.

Anyone with two eyes can put Zach Wilson college tape and see that he was at his best when throwing outside. That sense that Zach Wilson was perfect to run this offense is absurd because MLF only call pass plays for the middle of the field 

3 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Wilson is good at improvising because he cant work on schedule.  You can not rely on one or two successful schoolyard plays per game no matter how cook it looks on highlight reels.

It’s a question of increasing the proportion of good plays and reads.  50% doesn’t cut it but 75% or 80% sure would.  

Zach was plenty fine on most plays but not good often enough.  It’s not true to say he was lost all the time.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

It’s a question of increasing the proportion of good plays and reads.  50% doesn’t cut it but 75% or 80% sure would.  

Zach was plenty fine on most plays but not good often enough.  It’s not true to say he was lost all the time.  

This is correct.  

So can Zach increase his on-schedule stuff 30% in year two - so from 50% to 80%?  If he can, then we have our guy.  

When all is said and done with Zach and I think it comes down to one word "Composure"  If he can keep himself calm and play within the offense - he's going to be special. 

Again, he showed calmness and composure toward the end of last year - unfortunately he had no talent around him so we really don't know where he truly was...

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

here is a cheat sheet for him.

B Hall should get more carries if not 70 percent of them.

Throw to wilson, moore and TE more than berrios.mims types..

use quick pass routes on every set so flacco can throw down to TE every play if needed.

Explain. Carter is soundly outplaying him on the field. 

That doesn't mean Hall won't evolve into a 1A, but he has not earned 70% of the snaps, Not even close. 

• Upvote 3

ACCOUNTABILITY!   I want it, but I will complain about any measures taken to ensure it.  Working a rookie is slowly is what is supposed to happen.  Wilson had 40 snaps.  He didn't ride the pine.  If you want to run option routes and do a ton of motion, you need guys to know where others will be.  This is not rocket science and it is nothing new.  We want to scheme points, and then complain like Denzel Mims is some kind of 50-50 ball king that we could ride to victory if only he was given the opportunity.  Learn your sh*t and you will play.  Don't and there is another 4.3 40 guy that will