*** Thursday night Football ***

Beerfish

6 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

What does tonight's game have to do with Wilson? Nothing. Your statement is purely and unnecessarily gratuitous.  

Agreed that Wilson has absolutely nothing in common with Justin Herbert. Nothing. Imagine how many weeks Zach Wilson would miss with bruised ribs, much less play through what Herbert was dealing with last night. Zach Wilson is hopping around at practice and they can’t even get him to watch the game from the sidelines. Absolute puss material

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Post of the Week 1

Imagine being a Jets player who watched that game last night who is going to go to practice today to watch Zach Wilson throw on a practice jersey, take snaps, throw passes, go through drills, but (probably) sit out the next two ass-kickings because the Jets treat his brittle little legs like pretzel sticks. No wonder this dude wasn’t voted a Captain at BYU. Straight up  bitch.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine being a Jets player who watched that game last night who is going to go to practice today and watch Zach Wilson throw a practice Jersey on today, take snaps, throw passes, go through drills, but (probably) sit out the next two ass-kickings because the Jets treat his brittle little legs like pretzel sticks. No wonder this dude wasn’t voted a Captain at BYU. Straight up  bitch.

Especially Garrett Wilson, who watched his college QB the Jets could have had, take arguably a more vicious hit, and comeback to ball out of control absolutely embarrassing Generational Trevor, throwing for as many TD's as incompletions, 6, w/ 4 of them coming after the injury.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Agreed that Wilson has absolutely nothing in common with Justin Herbert. Nothing. Imagine how many weeks Zach Wilson would miss with bruised ribs, much less play through what Herbert was dealing with last night. Zach Wilson is hopping around at practice and they can’t even get him to watch the game from the sidelines. Absolute puss material

we will see how this one ages my friend. he looked hurt bad last night. maybe he misses a game or 2. or how about he plays next week cause hes so tough and gets hit and messes up his ribs so bad hes out for the year. that would end there season pretty quick.

8 hours ago, DLJ said:

It’s on NFLN- at least that’s the channel it’s on at my job and we have direct tv here

It wasnt on my NFL network last night and I have DTV. they were showing some replay game from week 1.

Bunch of nonsense. Now I have to sign up for this and that, pay extra $$ to watch a game. no thanks. 

13 minutes ago, doitny said:

we will see how this one ages my friend. he looked hurt bad last night. maybe he misses a game or 2. or how about he plays next week cause hes so tough and gets hit and messes up his ribs so bad hes out for the year. that would end there season pretty quick.

Counterpoint: If Zach Wilson tries to gut out an injury and ends up missing the season, the Jets probably end up having the same season regardless.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Especially Garrett Wilson, who watched his college QB the Jets could have had, take arguably a more vicious hit, and comeback to ball out of control absolutely embarrassing Generational Trevor, throwing for as many TD's as incompletions, 6, w/ 4 of them coming after the injury.

Please stop, the wounds are still too fresh. 

I've had to move on to a new muse:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

When I watch games like this it makes realize we truly are playing a completely different sport.

We're watching people with central air while we're blowing in each other's faces to cool off.

Agree.

What really stood out to me was the dline play of both teams and what a difference than the Jets.

Quinnen and JFM are arguably the top two and I am sorry but they are not even close to what I saw last night. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Herbert tossed the ball away on third down because he was us in too much pain to slide. Comes out on 4th and throws  a straight surgical laser for  a first just to follow it up with a touchdown pass on the next 4th down? Zach Wilson as our QB should qualify us for relegation. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean it’s on the coach for playing him. Everett in crunch time has a history of brutal mistakes.

Honestly, he should have just took a dive as soon as the coach didnt pull him from the game.  If you legit cant move like that, you're just hurting the team.  Fake an injury...guys do it all the time.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

When did Becton actually lack effort on the field?  This play has nothing at all to do with Becton. Why does every single thread on this site turn into a critique of Wilson or Becton or Saleh no matter how unrelated it may be?

23 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Amazing, every thread turns into a discussion on Wilson. Frankly it’s idiotic, but there are posters that make trolls proud.

Oh whine about it some more you two.  Its a Jets board so discussion will always revert back to the Jets.  

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What's interesting here is you got 4 people to upvote this as if you were serious.

• You know Zach Wilson did, in fact, play injured last year at times - yes, limping while playing.
  • You are also smart enough to know Zach isn't dictating where he's sitting during the games - he's sitting wherever the Jets tell him to sit
  • You also know - the kid is out there in practice because he WANTS to play.  He's going through full practices and putting himself on the field to show the coaches and teammates he's ready to go.
  • You know when the team was at about 30% healthy ZW went out there week after week and kept the Jets in games - with close to no talent around him.

I know you KNOW all of those things to be accurate and are having a some fun, but the people that upvote this stuff believe you....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

What's interesting here is you got 4 people to upvote this as if you were serious.

• You know Zach Wilson did, in fact, play injured last year at times - yes, limping while playing.
  • You are also smart enough to know Zach isn't dictating where he's sitting during the games - he's sitting wherever the Jets tell him to sit
  • You also know - the kid is out there in practice because he WANTS to play.  He's going through full practices and putting himself on the field to show the coaches and teammates he's ready to go.
  • You know when the team was at about 30% healthy ZW went out there week after week and kept the Jets in games - with close to no talent around him.

I know you KNOW all of those things to be accurate and are having a some fun, but the people that upvote this stuff believe you....

Should he be playing this week? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh whine about it some more you two.  Its a Jets board so discussion will always revert back to the Jets.  

That's fine if it's logical and related to the thread.  But here it's "Did you see how XX player on another team did YYY? "  "Yes. Becton is lazy and Wilson stinks."  "What's the weather for the game tomorrow?  "  " Looks good.  Saleh is worse than Gase."  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine being a Jets player who watched that game last night who is going to go to practice today to watch Zach Wilson throw on a practice jersey, take snaps, throw passes, go through drills, but (probably) sit out the next two ass-kickings because the Jets treat his brittle little legs like pretzel sticks. No wonder this dude wasn’t voted a Captain at BYU. Straight up  bitch.

So do you think Zach Wilson is good?