Ammendola kicks tonight!!

BornJetsFan1983

13 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Is this the kid we let go because he had one bad game as a rookie and should be our kicker extraordinaire kicking 60 yard field goals for us? I liked that kid

He missed 6 of 19 and was 0 for all 50 yard attempts?  

10 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Honestly he looked a helluva lot better as a punter than a kicker.

Agreed!  I remember being shocked at how good his punting was and felt like it would help his chances of sticking with the team.  I would've given him another shot to see if he could figure it out.   I didn't realize he was on KC.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He missed 6 of 19 and was 0 for all 50 yard attempts?  

as you might not remember he made all his close attempts under 45 yards which was a very big problem for us, the reason we liked him cause he made the easy kicks that to this day elude us. he did miss a couple 50+ kicks like 3 of them, which is silly to fire himfor because those are not easy kicks to begin with and with some time kicks he would learn to make. I.e. the cheifs using him tonight.

now if he sucks tonight ok i guess a good move but the point is that his actually impact on the team was positive and was possibly a good kicker, much better than what we had after. 

Boom!!

31 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

as you might not remember he made all his close attempts under 45 yards which was a very big problem for us, the reason we liked him cause he made the easy kicks that to this day elude us. he did miss a couple 50+ kicks like 3 of them, which is silly to fire himfor because those are not easy kicks to begin with and with some time kicks he would learn to make. I.e. the cheifs using him tonight.

now if he sucks tonight ok i guess a good move but the point is that his actually impact on the team was positive and was possibly a good kicker, much better than what we had after. 

Boom!!

He was 2 of 5 from 40-49

He was sh*t on everything that wasn’t a total gimme.

14 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

But the Jets haven’t had a kicker able to get the gimmes since then and he had a big leg.  

They had Pinerio to get the gimmes

Ammendola may have a big leg, but that didn’t stop him from missing literally every kick he attempted from 50+.

I still maintain that he showed more promise as a punter than a kicker.

Now watch him drill a 57 yard game winner for the Chiefs tonight…

10 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Boom!!

Under 45 yards aren’t a problem.  It’s over 45 that’s a problem.  He was horrific over that.  
I could care less what he does against the Chargers, he was unreliable for the Jets and was let go, as he should have

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Is this the kid we let go because he had one bad game as a rookie and should be our kicker extraordinaire kicking 60 yard field goals for us? I liked that kid

Thought they should've let him hang around. Leg strength was off the charts.  Worth working with a kid like that.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Untouchable said:

They had Pinerio to get the gimmes

Ammendola may have a big leg, but that didn’t stop him from missing literally every kick he attempted from 50+.

I still maintain that he showed more promise as a punter than a kicker.

Now watch him drill a 57 yard game winner for the Chiefs tonight…

Literally GIF

He attempted THREE 50+ field goals, but three might as well be three hundred, right?

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Literally GIF

He attempted THREE 50+ field goals, but three might as well be three hundred, right?

When you miss all 3…yeah.

Especially when you factor in the whole 2 of 5 from 40-49 thing.

What’s even the use of having a big leg if you’re total sh*t on anything longer than an extra point attempt?

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

When you miss all 3…yeah.

Especially when you factor in the whole 2 of 5 from 40-49 thing.

What’s even the use of having a big leg if you’re total sh*t on anything longer than an extra point attempt?

If you are a good organization you develop talent. 

10 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

If you are a good organization you develop talent. 

And some players just suck, no matter how much time you spend developing them.

I’ve said it numerous times, kicker is the most fickle position in pro sports.

Unless you have a Vinatieri or Justin Tucker on your team, these guys can go to sh*t in the blink of an eye.

Hell, Zuerlein is only a year or two removed from being one of the consensus top kickers in the league.