Jump to content

Would you start Zach Wilson Sunday @Cleveland?


Barry McCockinner
 Share

Would You Start Wilson Sunday?  

113 members have voted

  1. 1. Would You Start Wilson Sunday?

    • Yes, of course I would
    • No, don't be stupid


Recommended Posts

No

George Fant just got his sh*t pushed in against a 36 year old Calais Campbell. What do you think Garrett is going to do to him?

Let Flacco take the lumps and bring Zach back in another week or two after the OL has more time to gel.

This team isn’t making a playoff push anyway 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Counter point: Justin Herbert played while coughing up blood from the broken rib piercing his lung down 2 scores with under 2 minutes to go last night.

Apples and Kumquats

Wilson can't even make a gentle cut (with nobody around him) without dislocating something

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

The longer they play Flacco the more we learn to yearn for Zach...

Ive been quite critical of young Zacharias but would much rather watch his struggles while being competitive and seeing flashes than the Joe Flacco/ Weekend at Bernies mash up i saw last week over and over

 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Counter point: Justin Herbert played while coughing up blood from the broken rib piercing his lung down 2 scores with under 2 minutes to go last night.

not the same. that happened in the game and he stuck around for a last drive. i doubt very much if he feels the same next Sunday that they allow him to play and risk a season ending injury.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, doitny said:

not the same. that happened in the game and he stuck around for a last drive. i doubt very much if he feels the same next Sunday that they allow him to play and risk a season ending injury.

 

35 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Counter point: Justin Herbert played while coughing up blood from the broken rib piercing his lung down 2 scores with under 2 minutes to go last night.

Herbert is gonna miss time with broken ribs IMHO... then is he a wuss? Zach had a non-contact injury that they feared (everyone) that he was done for the year... Herbert got crushed and had a hard time throwing... Not sure why you think this is the same.

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A level of toughness Zach Wilson will never know.

Why do we keep drafting mush QBs.  I don’t get it.  

you of all people i would expect would not want any excuses for Zach if he plays bad. whats the difference if he sits till week 4 to make sure everything is healed. 14 games is plenty to see if he is the guy.

last thing i want to see is that he sucks and the pro Zach people on this board and Saleh all say he played all year with the bone bruise not fully healed and thats why he sucks. then guess what? we get another year of Zach cause he wasnt 100%. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

 

Herbert is gonna miss time with broken ribs IMHO... then is he a wuss? Zach had a non-contact injury that they feared (everyone) that he was done for the year... Herbert got crushed and had a hard time throwing... Not sure why you think this is the same.

It's a matter of toughness and pampering a player. If Zach can move around with no limitations on the knee why shouldn't he play? Because we're scared of the Browns big bad d-linemen? Because his mind isn't healed? What kind of soft, puss pop garbage is this? What kind of message does it send to the rest of the team? It's football, guys play hurt all the time and we're scared to put what we hope is our franchise QB into a game? What? 

Herbert was clearly limited last night but he wanted to stay in and no one felt the need to pamper him on a playoff hopeful team in a game that was 99% over (down 2 scores w/2 minutes left). 

 

  • Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No. He should only be back when he’s 100% healthy. We aren’t a playoff team anyway, we just need to see if he’ll be the guy or not, and an extra game or two won’t influence that. If he stays healthy and still sucks for a few months he’s done 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

 

Herbert is gonna miss time with broken ribs IMHO... then is he a wuss? Zach had a non-contact injury that they feared (everyone) that he was done for the year... Herbert got crushed and had a hard time throwing... Not sure why you think this is the same.

agreed.

and he took some more hits after the initial injury. its probably made it worst. i wish no ill will on anyone but i will laugh at this board if he misses alot of time. 

im sure the SD board is pounding their chests right now telling each other how much of a man they have a QB, not like that wimp in NY....... wait hes going to miss 10 weeks!!! OMG whats wrong with the HC. why didnt he take him out right away. fire him!!!! 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

No. He should only be back when he’s 100% healthy. We aren’t a playoff team anyway, we just need to see if he’ll be the guy or not, and an extra game or two won’t influence that. If he stays healthy and still sucks for a few months he’s done 

why do you think he's not 100% healthy?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Nope.  Looks like he lost a little booty weight since he's been out.  Need to see that sucker get a little more plump before I feel good about his health.  As soon as that cute little bubble butt starts sticking out again, then you let him back on the field.  Until then, keep him on the sidelines away from harm and get the juicy booty back.

 

I'd think this was gross coming from anyone other than you.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, doitny said:

agreed.

and he took some more hits after the initial injury. its probably made it worst. i wish no ill will on anyone but i will laugh at this board if he misses alot of time. 

im sure the SD board is pounding their chests right now telling each other how much of a man they have a QB, not like that wimp in NY....... wait hes going to miss 10 weeks!!! OMG whats wrong with the HC. why didnt he take him out right away. fire him!!!! 

Herbert will put on a flak jacket, pop some OxyContin's and wear a cpap mask under his facemask if that what it takes to play next week with broken ribs.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No idea, not enough information available, and the team has shown (IMO) it's not being entirely honest and forthright publicly with Zach's status at current.

So with that said, I default to "No" until more info validating a "Yes" became available.

I start Mike White on Sunday, personally. With Strev the backup, and Flacco released.  

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...