Would you start Zach Wilson Sunday @Cleveland?

Would You Start Wilson Sunday?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Start Wilson Sunday?

• Yes, of course I would
    • No, don't be stupid

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

I'm starting him vs. Cincy if he's feeling good.  Probably not this week, though.  I'm sure there are a lot of super tough guys in this thread who have never had their knees scoped or know what that feels like calling Wilson a pussy, but alas.

He's a professional football player.  Supposedly.  Compared to other professional football players, hell yes I'm calling him a pussy.  It's up to him to prove otherwise.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yes I am speculating based on the limited information that is publicly available and from what I can tell it makes no sense he isn't playing this week. 

At the very least it makes no sense that he was ruled out until at least Week 4.  

The whole deal about getting him mentally ready to play the game is getting more significant by the day.    

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

At the very least it makes no sense that he was ruled out until at least Week 4.  

The whole deal about getting him mentally ready to play the game is getting more significant by the day.    

What is interesting is in all my years of watching football I can’t ever recall hearing the term getting mentally ready except for last year when saleh hinted that with becton.

not in any way turning this into a becton thread but that is two guys under saleh that require some type of mental prep.

am I missing something here or does anyone remember this with any other players?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yes I am speculating based on the limited information that is publicly available and from what I can tell it makes no sense he isn't playing this week. How long does the bone bruise take to heal? He is moving around without any noticeable restriction. His surgery was 08/16, one month ago.

The 2-4 weeks was based on the meniscus not the bone bruise... bone bruises can take 6-7 weeks to heal... look it up... media has been speculating. Saleh was hoping that the timeline was safer to the 2-4 Weeks along with the meniscus but when they tested him it turns out its closer to the bone bruise timeline of 6-7 Weeks...

• Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

The 2-4 weeks was based on the meniscus not the bone bruise... bone bruises can take 6-7 weeks to heal... look it up... media has been speculating. Saleh was hoping that the timeline was safer to the 2-4 Weeks along with the meniscus but when they tested him it turns out its closer to the bone bruise timeline of 6-7 Weeks... But keep going what other medical information do you want to spew that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Right so how do you diagnose when a bone bruise is healed sufficiently to play without risk of further damage?  MRI? Xray?  Cat Scan?  Or do you just ask the player how much it hurts during range of motion testing?  And if he says he can go, do you trust him or not?  Figured I'd give you the benefit of the doubt instead of just down voting...

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

The 2-4 weeks was based on the meniscus not the bone bruise... bone bruises can take 6-7 weeks to heal... look it up... media has been speculating. Saleh was hoping that the timeline was safer to the 2-4 Weeks along with the meniscus but when they tested him it turns out its closer to the bone bruise timeline of 6-7 Weeks...

It says directly in the tweet you quoted bone bruise and 2-4 weeks. Where have you seen this 6-7 weeks when they tested him thing?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just speculating, but I think it's a pain tolerance issue.

He could've played week one if he was willing to deal with the bone bruise discomfort and Saleh was expecting him to.

When he decided he didn't want to, Saleh instantly went for the spurned/hurt reaction of ruling him out another four weeks.  

In Zach's press conference he kind of chuckled saying it was always at least four weeks.  

They were pressuring him (and rightly so imo) to gut it out and play, but he and his team said no.  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Interesting that @FidelioJet repped this post.  lol.

I agree with that actually.

Why Wilson isn't playing is a question - Now, if they're just holding him back at an abundance of caution over his injury, I'see no problem.

but if it's because they're afraid the OL isn't good enough right now - then the only way to see it is there is real concern of his progress at Florham Park.  And that should worry all of us.

59 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Right so how do you diagnose when a bone bruise is healed sufficiently to play without risk of further damage?  MRI? Xray?  Cat Scan?  Or do you just ask the player how much it hurts during range of motion testing?  And if he says he can go, do you trust him or not?  Figured I'd give you the benefit of the doubt instead of just down voting...

image.thumb.png.3f9e90c57a3b9deb31eefe65d36c9dca.png

It was stated in multiple media outlets and tweets from the reporters. I don't have time to search through their history to find it...

• Thumb Down 2

54 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It says directly in the tweet you quoted bone bruise and 2-4 weeks. Where have you seen this 6-7 weeks when they tested him thing?

image.thumb.png.6b851ac96ec6d357a22dd37964eeaa0c.png

Cimini and Hughs both stated that it was the Bone Bruise that was keeping him out and they wanted it to fully heal as well as on Boomer and Carton in the Morning. I believe Bart Scott also mentioned it

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Skeptable said:

image.thumb.png.6b851ac96ec6d357a22dd37964eeaa0c.png

Cimini and Hughs both stated that it was the Bone Bruise that was keeping him out and they wanted it to fully heal as well as on Boomer and Carton in the Morning. I believe Bart Scott also mentioned it

This is a generic description, not one that was given for Wilson. We got the 2-4 week estimate initially, which included the bone bruise. 

I didn't see/hear the reports you're talking about from the media - was this recent? 

How can he possibly be doing these strenuous knee drills if the knee bruise is not fully healed? 

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, doitny said:

i think you missed my point. it has nothing to do with whos better.

i will laugh cause some on this board are calling Herbert a man and Zack a wimp. if Herbert misses a lot of time cause he was such a man and played through a injury that we could all see at home was really hurting him then what good was it that he stayed in the game? meanwhile that Wimp Zach who is taking a few weeks to make sure he is healed probably plays the rest of the year.

Ah gotcha bro my bad ? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Ah gotcha bro my bad ? 

Complete recovery from Rib Cartilage Injury is approximately six months because the cartilages are slow to heal since they receive little blood supply. It is advised that you rest properly and avoid strenuous activities to allow the body to reduce the inflammation of the cartilage and heal properly.

Plus the mental health portion of the recovery. I guess we're looking at about 2024 for a Justin Herbert return. Or, as the Chargers like to put it, day to day.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It wasn't for this crowd when Darnold was around.  

I agree that I don't want Wilson to get a laundry list of excuses.  But that's going to happen regardless.

i admit i wanted a 3rd year of Darnold and then gave up on him after a few games.

i wont have the same patience with Zach. he has to show me something. im sure most of this board will also have little patience.

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I don't know, and I don't care. He isn't the starting QB of the Jets. Care to ask me how I feel about the backup long snapper on the Lions and whether or not he plays Guitar Hero?

I got a great idea for an new Guitar hero game- Guitar Hero - Hero Ball edition.