Would you start Zach Wilson Sunday @Cleveland?

Barry McCockinner

Would You Start Wilson Sunday?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Start Wilson Sunday?

• Yes, of course I would
    • No, don't be stupid

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Herbert is a stud.  You see the last two throws when he could hardly take a breath?  That's impressive.   Zach?   Hmmm....

They way he landed on the de’s helmet I was really fearful he might have damaged his spleen.

certainly no injury is good but I am glad for him it was not worse.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Counter point: Justin Herbert played while coughing up blood from the broken rib piercing his lung down 2 scores with under 2 minutes to go last night.

If only Zach h a pierced lung and was coughing up blood. Just think of the possibilities. 

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's a matter of toughness and pampering a player. If Zach can move around with no limitations on the knee why shouldn't he play? Because we're scared of the Browns big bad d-linemen? Because his mind isn't healed? What kind of soft, puss pop garbage is this? What kind of message does it send to the rest of the team? It's football, guys play hurt all the time and we're scared to put what we hope is our franchise QB into a game? What? 

Herbert was clearly limited last night but he wanted to stay in and no one felt the need to pamper him on a playoff hopeful team in a game that was 99% over (down 2 scores w/2 minutes left). 

I'm fairly sure if the Bengals knew he punctured his lung, there is no way they let him finish a game that would take a minor miracle  to win. They were down 10 with about a minute  left when it happened I think

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He returned to practice this week.  lmao.  Kind of an important distinction, no?

Tell me this:  If he practices in full next week, why should he sit for Week 3?

All kidding aside, I can understand holding him out now but not next week. Another week is going to make no difference.

4 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Right so how do you diagnose when a bone bruise is healed sufficiently to play without risk of further damage?  MRI? Xray?  Cat Scan?  Or do you just ask the player how much it hurts during range of motion testing?  And if he says he can go, do you trust him or not?  Figured I'd give you the benefit of the doubt instead of just down voting...

9f4FwAHiQBpLwAAAAASUVORK5CYII=.png

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It wasn't for this crowd when Darnold was around.  

I agree that I don't want Wilson to get a laundry list of excuses.  But that's going to happen regardless.

Jets fans would never excuse-make for failed QBs

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's a matter of toughness and pampering a player. If Zach can move around with no limitations on the knee why shouldn't he play? Because we're scared of the Browns big bad d-linemen? Because his mind isn't healed? What kind of soft, puss pop garbage is this? What kind of message does it send to the rest of the team? It's football, guys play hurt all the time and we're scared to put what we hope is our franchise QB into a game? What? 

Herbert was clearly limited last night but he wanted to stay in and no one felt the need to pamper him on a playoff hopeful team in a game that was 99% over (down 2 scores w/2 minutes left). 

Did you see his “sprints” on Twitter where he’s going 70%? 

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is a generic description, not one that was given for Wilson. We got the 2-4 week estimate initially, which included the bone bruise. 

I didn't see/hear the reports you're talking about from the media - was this recent? 

How can he possibly be doing these strenuous knee drills if the knee bruise is not fully healed? 

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Sorry you missed it ... it was reported throughout local media that it wasn't the meniscus keeping ZW out but the bone bruise...

image.thumb.png.24b429ba2b02a84856e01d7738e93c15.png

https://www.outkick.com/zach-wilson-injury-time-doctor-weeks-news/

image.thumb.png.c79769f9133a1447eb0731a68dc6f522.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Right so how do you diagnose when a bone bruise is healed sufficiently to play without risk of further damage?  MRI? Xray?  Cat Scan?  Or do you just ask the player how much it hurts during range of motion testing?  And if he says he can go, do you trust him or not?  Figured I'd give you the benefit of the doubt instead of just down voting...

image.thumb.png.8c2215234fc821b1ad2b03c393cbada4.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Sorry you missed it ... it was reported throughout local media that it wasn't the meniscus keeping ZW out but the bone bruise...

image.thumb.png.24b429ba2b02a84856e01d7738e93c15.png

image.thumb.png.c79769f9133a1447eb0731a68dc6f522.png

"likely means wilson will miss at least the week 1 game" - not 2 or 3. Wilson even says never had exact timetable. His initial answer is to a question where the reporter is referring to the 3 week timeline Saleh gave.

typically, usually

The guy is out there doing drills that are intense on the knee. How is he doing that without a fully healed knee bruise? Since he can do that, why can't he play?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

why do you think he's not 100% healthy?

Because he’s out for a week weeks and has barely practice so just assume it’s not. I’m not at the facilities so I don’t know. Why do you think he is? Are you there?

9 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Serious question.  What is 100% healthy?  I'm not sure there's a measurement that the CS can use here to suit him up or not.  If he says he can play, don't you just play him?

Players always say they want to play. But I don’t know I’m not a doctor 

10 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Nope.  Looks like he lost a little booty weight since he's been out.  Need to see that sucker get a little more plump before I feel good about his health.  As soon as that cute little bubble butt starts sticking out again, then you let him back on the field.  Until then, keep him on the sidelines away from harm and get the juicy booty back.

This.

No booty. No party.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

If the Jets ever were to find a franchise QB, would you just leave? 

While a leave town bet does sound fun, I’m always down to do a charity bet.

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

So you would be like the Quantum Leap guy, except you are a couple in this situation.

0E9597B0-0634-47F5-956B-5372051C2379.gif.91a60280b766a4205c022db312e733fc.gif

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

If the Jets ever were to find a franchise QB, would you just leave? 

Considering the strong  possibility a good number of us likely dead by the time that happens? Possibly but not purpose I don’t think, misery loving company and all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

If the CS thought Zach had it, he would be starting this week.

It's more likely the opposite is true.

It's more likely they KNOW he has it - and don't want to risk further injury to their future.  Would be short sighted to cause potential extra harm when you're confident you have your FQB for the next 15 years.

If they didn't think he has it, why not risk extra injury?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Considering the strong  possibility a good number of us likely dead by the time that happens? Possibly but not purpose I don’t think, misery loving company and all. 

Also history has shown those who are wrong about a Jet being good are the ones much more likely to bail… 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Counter point: Justin Herbert played while coughing up blood from the broken rib piercing his lung down 2 scores with under 2 minutes to go last night.

Certainly truth to this but the Chargers are arguably Super Bowl contenders and that was a crucial game against the standard bearer in their division.

"Playing it safe" with Zach, while disappointing, makes some level of sense especially if you're JD and Saleh and need him to pan out.

I am m ore interested in seeing him stay in the lineup once he is back out there.  If he plays 13 or 14 games, I can live with that.  As long as he stays in the lineup the rest of the season once they put him in.

On the other hand, I really don't want to see much more Flacco, so sooner would be better.

• Upvote 4