<<<<<<< Jets vs Browns -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

It is hilarious how less excited I am than last week.

I don’t expect much but the Jets have to start showing something.

Will be a much sterner test of the run defence and we can see how far that group has come. Cleveland’s line is as good as any in the league at running the ball.

I do think Flacco is taking a disproportionate amount of the blame right now but he’s just such an uninspired option at this point. If the offence is as inept at last week then we have to give White a shot. I want to see more from the tight ende and ffs can we please get Garrett Wilson the ball?

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The only explanation is that the kid is being managed and protected from on high by his management team and Saleh—very publicly—ran Zack through the paces this week in practice so everyone sees that Wilson is a healthy scratch.

0F1FD3C7-D6EC-4C9C-B856-2CA9A5835DCC.webp

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel the same way. It feels like we should be able to win this game in an ugly fashion, but at the same time, I think the prevailing characteristic of the Saleh Jets is that they lack confidence going into every game and seems legitimately surprised when they’re doing well. 

What is so frustratng is that I really thought this team would be better.  The D was solid last week, but the O was defintely SOJ stuff,  Adding Tomlinson to the OL, AVT would be a year better, upgrading the TE room, top 4 WRs of Wilson, Moore, Davis and Berrios.  Carter and Hall in the backfield.  We should be much better on O.  I don't think the OL was the complete dumpster fire that others do, but last week looked an awful lot like the inept offenses that we have sat through for most of a decade.  I keep telling myself Flacco was the main problem.  But last week's inept offense was so damn frustrating to watch.  And Flacco is starting again today.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Go rent a U-Haul.

Think the consensus is it's a winnable game.Jets defense, if they aren't on the field all day(disregard garbage time time of possession)by a 3 and out offense, is a bright spot.  If you don't here Garrett's name all day...

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

"We sent you to West Africa for a reason, Ryan."  LMFAO.  I hadn't seen this one.  Thanks, JTJ.

The first time I saw this, I was half paying attention and it took me a solid couple seconds to realize it's a parody. Its effective because they use the footage from the original commercial to start it lol. 

• Haha 2

Any Given Sunday baby

I am expecting Flacco to come out a bit shaky at 1st that has us all going "here we go again" but then has a play where he threads a needle and thinks to himself "this sh*t is easy" and from there on plays the best goddamn game of his life.

On the other side Lawson repeatedly abuses the Brown Stains OL and get 3 sacks on his journey to stardom in the 2022 season

guy can dream cant he

Just now, SickJetFan said:

Any Given Sunday baby

I am expecting Flacco to come out a bit shaky at 1st that has us all going "here we go again" but then has a play where he threads a needle and thinks to himself "this sh*t is easy" and from there on plays the best goddamn game of his life.

On the other side Lawson repeatedly abuses the Brown Stains OL and get 3 sacks on his journey to stardom in the 2022 season

guy can dream cant he

I'm coming to your house to do shrooms with you. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh’s word On injuries is worthless, but the videos coming out of practice this week are pretty damning for anyone that wants to maintain that Zach Wilson is hurt right now. The Jets have botched this from the start, and it’s going to make the kid look like a mush.

Completely agree

I just don’t think the decision making has anything to do with the opponent 

53 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Feeling generous today I see. 

While its fun to s**t on the Jets, the team as a whole did not play all that bad last week against a considerably better opponent. I honestly believe if we had Zach starting instead of Flacco, we would have squeaked out a win in a close one.

I started my prediction by saying that this was always considered one of the more 'winable' games and the Browns are officially without Watson this week. I think it will be a close game but the Jets will fall short with Flacco at the helm. 

If I was generous, I'd say we get a win in this one. Browns are beatable, even on the road. 

Saw an interview with Kyler Murray. Not any bigger than Wilson, but the guy gets it. Asks "Do you want to be here? Do you want to be great?Do you want to make a difference?". Now Murray may not be great, and perhaps he's blowing sunshine up our collective you know whats.  But you need that kind of confidence to want to be on the field and make plays. Not HeroBall, but the idea you need to make plays for your team to score.

If Wilson is healthy,and it appears he is, why is he not chomping at the bit to be out there? 

4 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Pretty wild how a week is just enough time to get over the pain we suffered from the previous Sunday and feel slightly hopeful again. 
What a ruthless cycle. 

Wasn't enough for me.  I really want to feel hopeful, but seeing the team look exaclty like they have for most of the last 10 years worth fo fall Sundays.  Nope, defnitely not enough for me.  I was hopeful in the summer.

10 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

"minding my own business scrolling instagram"....perusing Alexandra Daddario's current wardrobe and lingerie choices.....

The only hottie I follow that isn’t a shield maiden is Vanesa seco. She’s worth 100 hotties tho and actually really sweet 

• Sympathy 1

I have no prob starting Flacco today at this stage he gives us our best chance to win. But he should be on a shorter leash, if he plays poorly today or the offense can't score put White in. So Cleve has no advantage at the Qb position, Brissett is maybe a minus when compared to Flacco. I'd take Joe over him. The thing is the O line and can they protect him. We did sometimes and not unsuccessfully last year use a fullback to block, sometimes a blocking TE or Nick Bowden who is currently on IR. Cleveland has a good DL and probably the best DL in the NFL. They have to try to stop this guy even double team him. It's the key to the game. But I don't think they will. I'll give it to Cleve 24-13 over the Jets today. 

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Showing off. Should be on his 4th cup of coffee and his 45th F-word laden discussion with the coaching staff in the bowels of the stadium. 

Was thinking similiar.

I get this should not be a big deal.

when you win some games and put out a competative product, it won’t be.

until then like everything else he does, bad optic