<<<<<<< Jets vs Browns -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

13 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I said earlier I enjoyed it. I wont lie about that.

On the Road, Dawg Pound, man for man Cleveland the stronger team at this point, virtually no heat on Brisset all game….yet they pull out a Miracle.

Statistically, No they should not have won, but that has Nothing to do with their Tired D making a Stand right after the long Davis TD on the blown coverage.  How many times over the last 10 years does the Jet opponent get that first down and easily burn the rest of the clock?  You could set your watch by how either they lay down or are just overmatched talent wise and trudge to the locker room, heck most of the time they’re Not even in a game that tight at the end….BUT NOT TODAY.  You could say they made that stop for Saleh.

What about Mike LaFleur calling Perfect Plays when it mattered most?

Lot of things to get excited about in this game, fluke Win aside.

17 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

The Jets have NEVER and I mean NEVER have won a Game like that..

Just unbelievable!

I gotta agree. Been watching the Jets just before Namath and I've never seen them win a game like this. Maybe the Jumbo Elliot TD was the closest.  Ya gotta believe!!!!!

P.S. fire Saleh!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

Just now, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

On the Road, Dawg Pound, man for man Cleveland the stronger team at this point, virtually no heat on Brisset all game….yet they pull out a Miracle.

Statistically, No they should not have won, but that has Nothing to do with their Tired D making a Stand right after the long Davis TD on the blown coverage.  How many times over the last 10 years does the Jet opponent get that first down and easily burn the rest of the clock?  You could set your watch by how either they lay down or are just overmatched talent wise and trudge to the locker room, heck most of the time they’re Not even in a game that tight at the end….BUT NOT TODAY.  You could say they made that stop for Saleh.

What about Mike LaFleur calling Perfect Plays when it mattered most?

Lot of things to get excited about in this game, fluke Win aside.

I like this take. You're ultimately right for the game today. I still have serious doubts moving forward though.

2 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

Super happy with the win but defense still needs a lot of work. They fell apart in the 4th. Saleh and Ulbright can celebrate tonight but they better be back in the lab tomorrow morning to figure this sh*t out.

Fell apart? Maybe faced a really tough rushing attack… did not fall apart. In fact they held them better than most would have against that running game.

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If you don't enjoy Jets losses but you can't really enjoy a Jets win then why do some of you guys watch?  Serious question.

You're putting words in my mouth. 

I never said I didnt enjoy it. I'm just being realistic about the totality of the last 2 years and not caught up in 1 week. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Fell apart? Maybe faced a really tough rushing attack… did not fall apart. In fact they held them better than most would have against that running game.

Fall apart maybe a strong choice of words but that last TD drive they gave up should've been the coup de gras. They couldn't get a stop when they really needed it not counting the last INT. Hopefully it's just a case of playing against 2 top offenses but I'd like to see more than a slight improvement from last year. Besides the 1st half last week they haven't been that impressive in my eyes.

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

You're putting words in my mouth. 

I never said I didnt enjoy it. I'm just being realistic about the totality of the last 2 years and not caught up in 1 week. 

I wasn't caught up in Week 1 either.  Jets were down by a TD late in a game they literally fumbled away.  I didn't let that change my belief that this team is better than it was last year even as it leans on multiple rookies in key spots.... Wilson, Max Mitchell, Hall, JJ, Sauce, etc.

I'm seeing a team that is growing, a team that will continue to make mistakes but seems to be learning from them.  I think it's a coaching staff that's learning too.  I questioned Saleh letting the clock run down at the end of the first half and not using a TO.  People here were going nuts.  It was the right move.

It's amazing.  Browns fans would absolutely rather have Saleh's mistakes today than Stefanski's.

The Jets better managed and WON the final 2 minutes of each half today.  Let that sink in.

I won't even touch on the officiating that was objectively bad and worked against the Jets.  This was a very, very resilient win... even if it was far from perfect.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I wasn't caught up in Week 1 either.  Jets were down by a TD late in a game they literally fumbled away.  I didn't let that change my belief that this team is better than it was last year even as it leans on multiple rookies in key spots.... Wilson, Max Mitchell, Hall, JJ, Sauce, etc.

I'm seeing a team that is growing, a team that will continue to make mistakes but seems to be learning from them.  I think it's a coaching staff that's learning too.  I questioned Saleh letting the clock run down at the end of the first half and not using a TO.  People here were going nuts.  It was the right move.

It's amazing.  Browns fans would absolutely rather have Saleh's mistakes today than Stefanski's.

The Jets better managed and WON the final 2 minutes of each half today.  Let that sink in.

I won't even touch on the officiating that was objectively bad and worked against the Jets.  This was a very, very resilient win... even if it was far from perfect.

This is where level headed conversation leads. I agree for the most part except for the growth of Saleh, we are 19 games in his tenure and it doesnt look good overall. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JTJet said:

This is where level headed conversation leads. I agree for the most part except for the growth of Saleh, we are 19 games in his tenure and it doesnt look good overall. 

Respect that opinion.  He has a lot to work on.  I'm not completely sold but I think he's the right guy at the right time for this team.  When Bowles lost he was just "Aww shucks!" and mumbled with no emotion at the podium as the Jets strung losses together.  When Gase lost he'd tell everyone the play calls were perfect and he needed to go look at the film.  I like having some fire from the coach, a guy backing up his players, even if he's far from perfect.  This is a Jets team that for over 3 years hasn't thought it could win.  There's some belief now and he's leaning on rookies even if they'll continue to make mistakes.  I like that Saleh is pumping their tires a bit.  And, he outcoached Stefanski at the most critical junctures of the game.... the final few minutes of each half.

• Upvote 1