<<<<<<< Jets vs Browns -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jets can use the exact gameplan as last week.  Stack the box to stop the run and make the qb beat you over the top.

Lamar was able to beat it last week w/ a few great passes.  But brissett isnt anywhere close to as good as jackson.

This is a very interesting matchup.

I’m okay with this as long as they change the offensive game plan. 

• Sympathy 1

Run heavy 12 is worse. But Saleh said "we are a 12 personnel team" so they will probably do the run run pass from 12 you want to see
Run up the gut ... 3 yds.. fool em on 2nd with a run up the gut ... 0 yds... play action pass for a sack or 0 yes... punt

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Rub up the gut ... 3 yds.. fool em on 2nd with a run up the gut ... 0 yds... play action pass for a sack or 0 yes... punt

I have to say that my biggest issue with LaFleur is he seems to not want to attack the edges at all. He doesnt call outs or run stretch plays which are supposed to be a staple of the "Shanahan" offense, and they even said last year that Zach was struggling with the "offense in a phone booth" concept. I just dont get it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

I have to say that my biggest issue with LaFleur is he seems to not want to attack the edges at all. He doesnt call outs or run stretch plays which are supposed to be a staple of the "Shanahan" offense, and they even said last year that Zach was struggling with the "offense in a phone booth" concept. I just dont get it.
I am completely flummoxed by this as well .. its.like he doesnt understand that stretch plays wear out the defense or something.

39 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

There dismantling of Bryce Hall is complete..he went from possible day 2 draft pick in trade to day 3 or soon cut..

Great job Saleh in developing young CB.

So, JD brought in better players and our secondary is actually good (well CBs) and the concern is Hall's trade value? He got pushed down the depth chart as the secondary got better - we should focus on that - and not sure a team would have given us a 2nd or 3rd for him anyway. 

Just now, bostonmajet said:

So, JD brought in better players and our secondary is actually good (well CBs) and the concern is Hall's trade value? He got pushed down the depth chart as the secondary got better - we should focus on that - and not sure a team would have given us a 2nd or 3rd for him anyway

Jets would have if they needed one

This is a winnable game for the Jets. I feel like if the WRs can make up for Flacco's crappiness, we can score enough that the defense can hold the Browns back. Brisset was pretty inaccurate last game and I think the Jets can generate turnovers, which was something they couldn't do last season.