Jets Kicking situation

Lurker89

Saw this and thought we'd get a collective laugh out of it.

Screenshot_20220918-093414_Reddit.thumb.jpg.751bbc5937f3b049b8d95c8d913d051d.jpg

Season 9 Wine GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

I like JD ..... but the man needs to figure out how to figure out his kicker and O line deficiencies.

Greg the Leg won the comp ... I know what were we supposed to do ... I know... but damn man ... blech, eww, yuck, gag, choke  cough.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

And maybe except for Myers and Folk (and it’s 6 years since Folk played here) everyone thought those kickers were trash.  

Now it’s embarrassing that they’re not on the team?  

No, it’s embarrassing that almost half the league is better at kicking field goals than we are at extra points

39 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

And maybe except for Myers and Folk (and it’s 6 years since Folk played here) everyone thought those kickers were trash.  

I don't  think anyone thought they were trash. Meyers made the Pro Bowl the same uear we let him go. Management  just didn't  want to pay them and looked for cheaper options. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Nobody is saying those kickers were good (except Myers and Folk they were good) or wants them back.

The problem is the inability to get off the carousel of crappy kickers.

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

Ultimately the blame lies with Douglas but I am quite sure that the special teams coach holds an awful  lot of influence on who the kickers are. 

Agreed Boyer sucks and he is one of these guys that thinks he can 'coach up' anyone.  He can't.

The sing of a bad coach is when the guys he works with all get worse the longer they work with him,