Jump to content

*** The official fire ROBERT SALEH thread ***


JTJet
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

That's fair as well. 

But like I've said, I wont be happy until this guy is at minimum above .500

I wouldn't count on him being around long enough for that. I'm with you. The Jets were the recipient of the Browns clown show the last 2 minutes and Saleh is still a bad HC. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

Cimini just posted that our come from behind win after being down 13 with under 2 mins hasn't happened in well over 2000 NFL games. Lets just agree it's the best come back since Vinny and the Jets in the Mericle in the Meadowlands (look it up on utube!)

That stat is only relevant to the final 2 minutes of the game. 

There have been plenty more impressive 4th quarter comebacks that didnt rely on the opponents ineptitude. 

FFS a more impressive comeback literally happened today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Wow...such a bad take.

 

Nothing I said was unreasonable. The Jets were down by 13 points with less than 2 minutes to go. The Browns did so many things wrong it was almost impossible to be that bad in such a short time. They had a 99.96% chance of winning that game and they blew it with their clown show antics. I am thrilled with the win but that does not make Saleh a good coach all of a sudden. I have zero faith in him. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Nothing I said was unreasonable. The Jets were down by 13 points with less than 2 minutes to go. The Browns did so many things wrong it was almost impossible to be that bad in such a short time. They had a 99.96% chance of winning that game and they blew it with their clown show antics. I am thrilled with the win but that does not make Saleh a good coach all of a sudden. I have zero faith in him. 

It's the NFL - games are won and lost, every week, on the edge of a coin.  You can look at this game multiple ways and say if it goes one way or the other Jets can run away with it or get blown out.  Jets made the plays at the right time to win the game.  

Can't look at one play - and make a statement like that - just too competitive and tight of a league.

At least that's the way I see it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's the NFL - games are won and lost, every week, on the edge of a coin.  You can look at this game multiple ways and say if it goes one way or the other Jets can run away with it or get blown out.  Jets made the plays at the right time to win the game.  

Can't look at one play - and make a statement like that - just too competitive and tight of a league.

At least that's the way I see it...

This wasn't any NFL win. This was a miracle. The Browns had a 99.96% chance of winning the game until the circus showed up in Cleveland. Chubb should have just downed the ball at the 1 instead of scoring. Game over. They also missed the PAT. Then they allowed an 80 yard pass to a wide open receiver. They then failed to recover an on sides kick and to top it off they allowed another TD in the last minute. Again, I'm thrilled with this miracle win but the Jets would lose 999 times out of a 1000 in this same situation. This does not change my opinion of this HC one bit. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

This wasn't any NFL win. This was a miracle. The Browns had a 99.96% chance of winning the game until the circus showed up in Cleveland. Chubb should have just downed the ball at the 1 instead of scoring. Game over. They also missed the PAT. Then they allowed an 80 yard pass to a wide open receiver. They then failed to recover an on sides kick and to top it off they allowed another TD in the last minute. Again, I'm thrilled with this miracle win but the Jets would lose 999 times out of a 1000 in this same situation. This does not change my opinion of this HC one bit. 

It's either black or white with most of this forum. 

If you criticize things, you're an evil Jet hater. 

The chain of events that had to happen for this win was mind boggling. A good coach, even a mediocre coach generally doesnt need to rely on another team's MASSIVE ineptitude and bad fortune to win a game. 

Saleh is currently 5-14 as our head coach, that is all that matters until we... 

A - String together wins where we play complimentary football for 4 quarters. 

B - Show massive improvement at the QB position and not rely on a fluke Flacco game. 

C - Make the playoffs. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2022 at 2:59 PM, jetstream23 said:

Do you just cross off Bowles, Gase, etc. and put Saleh on the same airplane banner, or do you just make a new one?

Keep the old one because you don't want to waste too many trees making banners to fire Jets' coaches. Probable will be wanting to fire the new coach next year right about this time too.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2022 at 8:44 PM, bostonmajet said:

Only Jet Fans would want to fire a coach after a miracle win. First of all, he isn't getting fired after two games in his second season. Secondly, can we wait until our next loss (probably not a long wait) before we call for his head?

How about now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2022 at 4:15 PM, Yucatan Jetfan said:

You can shut up now. Go stand in the corner

Sent from my TFY-LX3 using Tapatalk
 

 

On 9/18/2022 at 4:16 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

What a pathetic thread

 

On 9/18/2022 at 4:18 PM, chirorob said:

This thread aged better than any thread in the history of aging threads.

 

On 9/18/2022 at 4:24 PM, thshadow said:

The only way this thread could have been better is if the OP said "And Garret Wilson sucks, that drop cost us the game"

Seems like its aging just fine to me. 

Welcome back to Earth gentlemen. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

 

 

 

Seems like its aging just fine to me. 

Welcome back to Earth gentlemen. 

False. You don’t fire a coach after a year. Building from the ground up takes time. If at the end of next year the team is still trash then get rid of him. Knee jerk reactions don’t aid in long term success. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BurntDice said:

False. You don’t fire a coach after a year. Building from the ground up takes time. If at the end of next year the team is still trash then get rid of him. Knee jerk reactions don’t aid in long term success. 

End of NEXT YEAR??? Do you watch all the games? Serious question, not trying to be mean. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

False. You don’t fire a coach after a year. Building from the ground up takes time. If at the end of next year the team is still trash then get rid of him. Knee jerk reactions don’t aid in long term success. 

You most certainly can fire a coach after 1 year, even so, I'm advocating to fire him after 2 years anyways.

Nothing knee jerk when the team has shown absolutely zero improvement from Salehs game 1 to game 20. 

Same sh*t every game. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pointman said:

End of NEXT YEAR??? Do you watch all the games? Serious question, not trying to be mean. 

Yes at the end of year 3. Completely turning over the CS means all new systems on O and D. This has been proven to be a killer to QBS and teams in general. If he was fired now like the op is suggesting then that’s 3 new systems in 3 years 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

You most certainly can fire a coach after 1 year, even so, I'm advocating to fire him after 2 years anyways.

Nothing like jerk when the team has shown absolutely zero improvement from Salehs game 1 to game 20. 

Same sh*t every game. 

2 years is a long time. If you can't tell if someone is the guy or not after 34 games, the answer is that he is not the guy. Simple as that. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You most certainly can fire a coach after 1 year, even so, I'm advocating to fire him after 2 years anyways.

Nothing knee jerk when the team has shown absolutely zero improvement from Salehs game 1 to game 20. 

Same sh*t every game. 

The team is playing with a backup qb. Did you really expect to have a winning record with Flacco starting 3 weeks in?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BurntDice said:

Yes at the end of year 3. Completely turning over the CS means all new systems on O and D. This has been proven to be a killer to QBS and teams in general. If he was fired now like the op is suggesting then that’s 3 new systems in 3 years 

If he finishes this season anywhere near he did last, he needs to go. He has had a lot given to him and a real head coach would win games. Turnover is a part of life and football. A winning coach doesn't use that as a crutch. He wins. Saleh has a chance this year, but if he finishes like last then he is what he is. No need to make all of us suffer an entire 2023 season as well. None of us are getting any younger. Football is for fun. This isn't fun. Turn over and over and over until we find the right people. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...