*** The official fire ROBERT SALEH thread ***

JTJet

1 minute ago, pointman said:

If he finishes this season anywhere near he did last, he needs to go. He has had a lot given to him and a real head coach would win games. Turnover is a part of life and football. A winning coach doesn't use that as a crutch. He wins. Saleh has a chance this year, but if he finishes like last then he is what he is. No need to make all of us suffer an entire 2023 season as well. None of us are getting any younger. Football is for fun. This isn't fun. Turn over and over and over until we find the right people. 

Say the jets win 7 games this year do you fire Saleh?

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Say the jets win 7 games this year do you fire Saleh?

7-10? After a 1-2 start? So 6-8 the rest of the way? Probably not. We can't have a defensive minded coach letting up all these points. We can't have a HC having the most soft, gutless offense in the league. We have bright spots. We have some talent. We aren't producing. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/18/2022 at 4:02 PM, RoadFan said:

They need to fire Ulbrich first…

Disagree, the defense was playing well, it is the offense that kept putting them in bad situations and Saleh refused to bench Flacco despite the fact they had a backup LT and Flacco is a statue. Mike White had the game of his life last year against? Guess who...the Cincinnati Bengals!!!!

Just now, kdels62 said:

I didn’t want Saleh when we got him. I let the internet convince me it was a good choice. This bs Navy Seals crap is not the future, analytical dudes are the future of this league and you need to hire a coach who’s whole thing is being smart 

I'm fine with the "rah rah" type as the head coach if he surrounds himself with a great staff.  

Saleh needs to move on from this defensive scheme asap and find a LaFleur for the other side of the ball. 

Saleh is getting the year whether we like it or not.  So far he has shown nothing.  He had not made Any adjustments, no accountability, no creativity.  Like I said when it comes to running stairs and being buddy buddy with the players he is great but that doesn’t win football games 

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

20 games into their Jets stints...

Todd Bowles 11-9

Adam Gase 7-13

Saleh 5-15 with WAY more talent

As it stands currently, this is NOT turning around at all. So YES, dude has to go. 

When Adam Gase is better than you at anything then it’s time for you to go.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I didn’t want Saleh when we got him. I let the internet convince me it was a good choice. This bs Navy Seals crap is not the future, analytical dudes are the future of this league and you need to hire a coach who’s whole thing is being smart 

And has the guts to make the tough decision to bench Flacco after the first drive of the second half. What do you have to lose? You afraid of hurting Flacco's feelings? He is a pro and he knows he sucked out there today. The Jets were playing with a backup LT and Flacco is a statue which is a recipe for disaster. Mike White can avoid the rush and throw on the run way better than Flacco.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Saleh is getting the year whether we like it or not.  So far he has shown nothing.  He had not made Any adjustments, no accountability, no creativity.  Like I said when it comes to running stairs and being buddy buddy with the players he is great but that doesn’t win football games 

Give him the year. I don't need his head on the block this week. But if it continues going like this, like last year, its enough. He isn't going to show up year 3 and brand new coach who suddenly can lead us to the promised land. 34 games is enough to know if someone is all talk/slogans or if they're the real deal.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

20 games into their Jets stints...

Todd Bowles 11-9

Adam Gase 7-13

Saleh 5-15 with WAY more talent

As it stands currently, this is NOT turning around at all. So YES, dude has to go. 

Look at the teams. It’s not black and white as you seem to try and make it. Bowles had a very veteran roster the first year in 2015. Lots of old players on that roster who were there for a short term fix. 

Just now, BurntDice said:

Look at the teams. It’s not black and white as you seem to try and make it. Bowles had a very veteran roster the first year in 2015. Lots of old players on that roster who were there for a short term fix. 

That's an excuse. Plenty of teams win with young players. 

Saleh is what he is, a coach that absolutely refuses to make halftime adjustments or significant roster moves. 

And here we are.

Just now, JTJet said:

That's an excuse. Plenty of teams win with young players. 

Saleh is what he is, a coach that absolutely refuses to make halftime adjustments or significant roster moves. 

And here we are.

It’s not an excuse. You are basing this whole record thing mostly off of last year. Rookies and 2nd year guys all over the field. It’s 3 games into the year. Let’s see how it pans out. This overreaction this early into the season is just crazy. No one thought we would have a winning record after these 3 games with Flacco starting. 

It’s not an excuse. You are basing this whole record thing mostly off of last year. Rookies and 2nd year guys all over the field. It’s 3 games into the year. Let’s see how it pans out. This overreaction this early into the season is just crazy. No one thought we would have a winning record after these 3 games with Flacco starting. 

It is the definition of an excuse. Literally. 

You are what your record says you are, and Saleh as it stands is a very VERY bad coach. 

One of us is living in a hypothetical what if dream world, the other grounded firmly on the Earth with visual and statistical data to make a decision. 

Live in Neverland if you want to, but you're going to feel it harder when I'm right. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

It is the definition of an excuse. Literally. 

You are what your record says you are, and Saleh as it stands is a very VERY bad coach. 

One of us is living in a hypothetical what if dream world, the other grounded firmly on the Earth with visual and statistical data to make a decision. 

Live in Neverland if you want to, but you're going to feel it harder when I'm right. 

I just want to give the dude a chance. Is that so bad? Let’s see what happens. I’m not upset because I expected to be 1-2 after these 3 games. I’m sick and tired of having a new coach every couple years. Let’s just hold tight and see what patience does 

I just want to give the dude a chance. Is that so bad? Let’s see what happens. I’m not upset because I expected to be 1-2 after these 3 games. I’m sick and tired of having a new coach every couple years. Let’s just hold tight and see what patience does 

While I agree that I want to give him a chance, we are a solid 20 games in now, and I'm advocating to make that decision after game 34. 

That's plenty of time, but the writing is on the wall. We have a pretty large sample size for Saleh of running a bad team, with many of the telltale signs of an incompetent coach...

Coming out flat.

Racking up penalties. 

No halftime adjustments. 

Arguments on the sideline.

These things are damning of a coach a coaching staff. 

55 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Seems like its aging just fine to me. 

Welcome back to Earth gentlemen. 

I don't get it, I personally am happy when the Jets win, and sad when they lose.  You're pissed both when they win *and* lose?  And you plan to gloat after every loss?

Geez, get a life.  One where you're not a Jet fan - though you already don't seem to be.