Did that really just happen!

Nixhead

47 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Braden Mann played really well after being put on notice. Not only did he have some killer punts inside the 10 but he had a perfectly executed onside kick. 

I know he's just a punter. But you gotta give credit where credit is due. Jets would not have won this game without him. 

Yeah, that was pretty impressive. Even more so than the actual scoring TD, because how often do we even see onside kicks being successful in the NFL?

I knew Justin Hardee was here for a reason.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Braden Mann played really well after being put on notice. Not only did he have some killer punts inside the 10 but he had a perfectly executed onside kick. 

I know he's just a punter. But you gotta give credit where credit is due. Jets would not have won this game without him. 

Also he kept us in it early with that fake punt completed pass for a 1st down that resulted in a TD and tied the game.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Speaking of 'Did that just happen' - Joe Flacco threw for 300 yards two weeks in a row, when is the last time a Jet QB did that?

By my reckoning and having a quick look at game logs on Pro Football Reference, the last example of a Jets quarterback throwing for 300+ yards two consecutive weeks or more was Chad Pennington in weeks 1 and 2, 2006. He threw 24 of 33 for 319 yards and two touchdowns in a 23-16 win over the Titans in Tennessee, and then threw 22 of 37 for 306 yards, two touchdowns and a pick in a 24-17 loss to New England in New York in week 2.

Mark Sanchez came close in 2010. In week 9 of 2010, Sanchez threw 22 of 39 for 336 yards, with one touchdown and one pick in a 23-20 win at Detroit. In week 10, he went 27 of 44 for 299 yards, two touchdowns and a pick, in a 26-20 win at Cleveland. In week 11, he went 22 of 38 for 315 yards, three touchdowns and a pick in a 30-27 win over Houston.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Speaking of 'Did that just happen' - Joe Flacco threw for 300 yards two weeks in a row, when is the last time a Jet QB did that?

19 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

By my reckoning and having a quick look at game logs on Pro Football Reference, the last example of a Jets quarterback throwing for 300+ yards two consecutive weeks or more was Chad Pennington in weeks 1 and 2, 2006. He threw 24 of 33 for 319 yards and two touchdowns in a 23-16 win over the Titans in Tennessee, and then threw 22 of 37 for 306 yards, two touchdowns and a pick in a 24-17 loss to New England in New York in week 2.

Mark Sanchez came close in 2010. In week 9 of 2010, Sanchez threw 22 of 39 for 336 yards, with one touchdown and one pick in a 23-20 win at Detroit. In week 10, he went 27 of 44 for 299 yards, two touchdowns and a pick, in a 26-20 win at Cleveland. In week 11, he went 22 of 38 for 315 yards, three touchdowns and a pick in a 30-27 win over Houston.

Looks like Josh McCown was actually the last one to do it, in Weeks 12 and 13 of the 2017 season.  307 against Carolina followed by 331 against KC.  

• Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Wow - further back than I thought; thanks for looking that up. And, Go Joe.

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

well there is a blast from the past.... Let's hope Joe ends up doing better this season than Josh.

Pretty pathetic that Darnold never was able to do it.  Especially when you consider how many games we were trailing in and thus needed to throw, a lot.  

He did accomplish the feat in Carolina, at least.