Garrett Effing Wilson

More Cowbell

4 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Wilson is an absolute stud. He is already better then Davis....he could enter elite category by next season if he keeps the pedal to the medal. That first TD where he put a dude in a blender and ended up with a foot of separation isnt talked about enough.

Yup. Totally schooled that corner without even touching him. Marvin Harrison like. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I loved his interview with the press after the game. They asked him if the coaches talked to him during the week about playing time and he said they don’t have to, I just want to win. I trust my coaches. We need players like that from winning programs who just want to win to turn this thing around.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly, I'm not sold on this. Do you remember  how well Moore was doing while Zach was out and how he fell off when he came back? 

There are plenty of good reasons to dump on Wilson’s rookie season but this isn’t one of them.

Wilson’s first game back after a month, they ran the ball >30 times in that win (also w/o Davis, which put more attention on Moore). They called an expectedly-conservative game, as this was a winnable game without taking risk to pad passing stats.

Next game he had ~80 yards & a TD, which isn’t a bad game for anyone (let alone a rookie WR catching passes from a rookie QB). Incidentally, Wilson also ran in TDs himself in both games.

Then after those 2 games, Moore went on IR for the rest of the season.

Wilson sucked ass last year but this is a weak criticism. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

There are plenty of good reasons to dump on Wilson’s rookie season but this isn’t one of them.

Wilson’s first game back after a month, they ran the ball >30 times in that win (also w/o Davis, which put more attention on Moore). They called an expectedly-conservative game, as this was a winnable game without taking risk to pad passing stats.

Next game he had ~80 yards & a TD, which isn’t a bad game for anyone (let alone a rookie WR catching passes from a rookie QB). Incidentally, Wilson also ran in TDs himself in both games.

Then after those 2 games, Moore went on IR for the rest of the season.

Wilson sucked ass last year but this is a weak criticism. 

Hope you are right. I'm much happier when this team wins. 

• Upvote 1

GW is on the path to stardom.  He seems like a very nice kid too.  He was the one whose father left that really touching message to him when he got drafted.  Loving where this is heading with him.  WRs are very important in today's NFL and I think we might really have a great one here.

• Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Imagine Odell Beckham Jr. but without the headaches. That’s who this kid reminds me of. A truly special talent.

OBJ was my draft day comp going into it.....

1st player I wanted that the Jets actually drafted in forever, 1st WR drafted in the 1st rd since 2001(Santana Moss). Happy he looks the part this early!

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1