This Win Was Historic... Period & of the SOJF!!

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Last week the Jets beat themselves to a large degree and this week the team stuck together after not playing a perfect game and found a way to Win!

Just unbelievable!!!

The Jets really struggled against the run (like most teams will vs the Browns this year) but still overcame that to win the game.  It says something about resilience and the lessons the young guys are learning about how to fight for a victory and not give up.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Last week was mental errors, fumbles and drops by rookies and 2nd year guys.  Narrative: "Team is undisciplined and poorly coached."

This week was resilience, leaning on young guys to make plays, defensive stops at a few key moments, and never quitting.  New narrative: "Team is learning to trust each other, the foundation and culture actually matters.  Arrow pointing up with young guys who should only continue to improve."

This team is still undisciplined and has coaching problems. Lets not let this win cloud our vision for the long road.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

The Jets have NEVER WON A GAME LIKE THIS!!!!

NEVER!!!

I can't recall a GAME LIKE THIS EVER and I have been following this team since FOREVER!!

This is the beginning of the end of the SOJF...PERIOD!!!

image.png

yes thay have 1) Mondy night miracle and 3) shoot out years ago between Kenny and Dan...we won on a bomb to Walker....

• Sympathy 2

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Yes, can't really enjoy this one.

We need to move on to the lack of discipline we saw... especially by the officials.

C'mon!

What's the point, man? @pointman

Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

Can't enjoy it? Of course we can. I am beyond excited. Point is, we can't let this weeks mistakes carry onto next week. Continue to tighten things up and we keep winning. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, billo83 said:

Geez, can't you just enjoy a miracle win without crapping on the team? Unreal

Read my posts. I am very very excited. Happy is an understatement. Addressing problems though and not sweeping them under the rug is important if we want this feeling many many more weeks.

• Thumb Down 1

Deserved the win.

We need to turn off the penalties, they’ll kill us most weeks.

But come on, how can you not love that? Apparently the worst team in football, but do the worst team in football really show hustle like that?

That was hopefully the signs that Saleh and Douglas are starting to turn it on.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, pointman said:

Read my posts. I am very very excited. Happy is an understatement. Addressing problems though and not sweeping them under the rug is important if we want this feeling many many more weeks.

Plenty time ahead of next Sunday to dissect the finer points and discuss what needs to improve. But tonight ... WOO! WE WON!!!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Last week was mental errors, fumbles and drops by rookies and 2nd year guys.  Narrative: "Team is undisciplined and poorly coached."

This week was resilience, leaning on young guys to make plays, defensive stops at a few key moments, and never quitting.  New narrative: "Team is learning to trust each other, the foundation and culture actually matters.  Arrow pointing up with young guys who should only continue to improve."

So? We did win? No shit? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, pointman said:

Sure, but enjoy the moment. I had sex with a 10 before, but wasn't worried about getting one again, lol

33 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Huh... so your saying 5 rebuild Saleh might actually know what he is doing...

Who would have thunk....

• Upvote 1