Take the Flacco hate and stick it

Untouchable

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I’m still holding out hope for Wilson, but I don’t see what’s so batsh*t crazy about letting the kid ride the pine for a year (like they probably should’ve done last season) and let him watch a 14 year pro with a Super Bowl and SB MVP under his belt operate the offense.

The Jets still have Wilson under contract for another 3 years after this season and I have no interest in burning another high pick on another young QB. We’ve been doing that sh*t for the better part of 15 years with little to show for it.

That’s why if they do reinsert Wilson into the lineup and he stinks, you can take your Bryce Young’s and CJ Stroud’s and stick them up your assh0le.

Don’t tell me that a dude like Aaron Rodgers wouldn’t find finishing up his career in NY with young guys like G. Wilson, Moore and Hall the least bit enticing.

I agree with letting Wilson learn behind Flacco, but I don't agree with passing on drafting another QB next year if I am right about Wilson.

Nothing wrong with drafting a QB high in the first round.  The problem is drafting the wrong one.  

JD seems to have gotten his sea legs under him now as far as judging talent.  Now, he can use his smarts on selecting the new QB in the draft next year..

Much better than giving out a bloated contract to a guy like Rogers.  Retreads are great as place holders, but not long term. 

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I’m still holding out hope for Wilson, but I don’t see what’s so batsh*t crazy about letting the kid ride the pine for a year (like they probably should’ve done last season) and let him watch a 14 year pro with a Super Bowl and SB MVP under his belt operate the offense.

The Jets still have Wilson under contract for another 3 years after this season and I have no interest in burning another high pick on another young QB. We’ve been doing that sh*t for the better part of 15 years with little to show for it.

That’s why if they do reinsert Wilson into the lineup and he stinks, you can take your Bryce Young’s and CJ Stroud’s and stick them up your assh0le.

Don’t tell me that a dude like Aaron Rodgers wouldn’t find finishing up his career in NY with young guys like G. Wilson, Moore and Hall the least bit enticing.

Now see if that were to play out you do both. Which is exactly what the jets keep putzing up. You draft the blue chip guy and sit him behind Rodgers while you build a monster contender and the kid learns. Irony being that's how Rodgers was brought along. 

1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

I agree with letting Wilson learn behind Flacco, but I don't agree with passing on drafting another QB next year if I am right about Wilson.

Nothing wrong with drafting a QB high in the first round.  The problem is drafting the wrong one.  

JD seems to have gotten his sea legs under him now as far as judging talent.  Now, he can use his smarts on selecting the new QB in the draft next year..

Much better than giving out a bloated contract to a guy like Rogers.  Retreads are great as place holders, but not long term. 

I guess it depends on your perspective.

The last few years we’ve witnessed Rodgers taking the Packers deep into the playoffs with guys like Allen Lazard and Marquez Valdez-Scantling as his 2nd and 3rd options in the passing game.

I think he would be over the moon throwing to the young guys the Jets have assembled.

Add Rodgers behind center and assemble even an average defense, and this team is probably a KC or Buffalo win in the playoffs from getting to the Super Bowl.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

How do we know if "you are right" about Wilson if he doesn't play??????????  Players don't learn by watching.  They learn by playing.  It's not 1980 and Wilson is not a rookie anymore.  He needs to play.  

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

How do we know if "you are right" about Wilson if he doesn't play??????????  Players don't learn by watching.  They learn by playing.  It's not 1980 and Wilson is not a rookie anymore.  He needs to play.  

The Jets brass can't write him off as easy as I can.  They have an investment.  They need to let it play out on the field.  I know how it will go.  They probably have a good idea too, but they have to let it unfold on the field in front of the camera.  So, yeah... He has to and will play. 

Flacco is serving his purpose.

He’s at least providing a puncher’s chance at a win (compare to the team fielding Luke Falk for multiple starts). Also is a calming influence in the huddle (and in helping Wilson, I’d imagine) & has the ability to carry himself with a been-there-done-that stability that a young supporting cast needs from a backup. 

He’s helping show what the offense is capable of with even a has-been behind center. Wilson’s not going to get the prior QBs’ built-in excuses of the team not furnishing a workable supporting cast. So if Wilson looks near-hopeless, those other variables have been eliminated; the problem’s him.

So he’s not a long-term QB2 of the future (let alone its potential QB1 should Wilson suck again). That isn’t among the top 20 concerns I’ve got; most QB2s around the league are awful anyway, and I had little confidence in White growing into the team’s long term QB1 anyway.

Good for him, Saleh, Wilson, Mann, Zuerlein, Hall, and the rest of the team, chalking up a badly needed feels-great win. Good for us, too. This team has made it easy to forget that we’re supposed to be watching & following this stuff for pleasure.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

your right and he will play. but that learning your talking about will probably be a lost season of 150 yd games for a while.

for the 1st time since 2018 our season isnt over after 2 weeks. Flacco starts next week. even in a loss if the game is close and he is doing well he should get another game. if were 1-3 then the seasons done and Zach should play. but as long as we have hope we ride Flacco. 

5 minutes ago, xJayce said:

While he did have a decent game, he missed at least 5-6 throws (sailing passes high, underthrowing deep throws). He did enough to win today, so don't mean to be a downer; I'm just surprised at the level of love.

cause i think most of us dont believe it would have been better with Zach. 

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Flaccid was fantastic today.  I did not think he had that still in him.  He needs to give us 1 more performance like that next Sunday and then we will have the franchise back.

Thank you Joe Flaccid!  Thank you!!

Admit that “Flaccid” (the goddamn gall of you) is awesome or get taken behind the woodshed by all of us true believers tonight.

I still have 4 beers and a pizza ready to be popped in the oven.

There’s still another hour for you to be raked over the coals egregiously…  

Think before you act

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Admit that “Flaccid” (the goddamn gall of you) is awesome or get taken behind the woodshed by all of us true believers tonight.

I still have 4 beers and a pizza ready to be popped in the oven.

There’s still another hour for you to be raked over the coals egregiously…  

Think before you act

Flaccid was great today.  Hes not "awesome" by any stretch of the imagination.  Enjoy your beer and pizza brother.  Tonight, we celebrate!!!!!

5 hours ago, doitny said:

Wilson is the painful one. yes he is the QB of the future but until he proves otherwise he is the worst QB on this team. im pretty such GW doesnt have a breakout game with Zach as the QB today. 

and that is why i wanted Flacco to start these games over White. now we know when Zach comes back and he struggles to get 150 yds and GW catches 2 passes for 25 yds its on Zach.

what a chicken little take man....you need help.

Zach Wilson is superfluous at this point.

Saleh won’t do this, but I would wait until Flacco plays himself out of the job before putting Wilson back in.

Flacco has earned himself at least 1 more start.

And if he wins again and plays great, you have to reward that.

It’s not like you have Aaron Rodgers waiting in the wings.  It’s Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Beggars can't be choosers.  There really isn't anyone else on the roster to "crown".  Today is about the best we're gonna get out of the QB position this season, unfortunately.  

Except, this is not likely a playoff year for us, especially with Buffalo in our division. While I want to win every game, this year is about getting the young players valuable experience (winning is part of that) and getting Zach out there. We need to know if Zach is going to be good enough moving forward; if he is get him as much growth as possible for next year. While Flacco filled in admirably yesterday, the team isn't going to go anywhere with him.

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

We'll never know.

In all seriousness, huge congrats to "New Vinny" Flacco on his first Jets win.  1-6 > 0-7

He stood tall before the man today.

The Jets won because they finally have playmakers. Flacco was just the vessel that delivered the ball. 

White doesn't have the accuracy to hit Davis on that wide open bomb. 

10 hours ago, Untouchable said:

The team is loaded on paper and it's starting to look like it's translating to the field for once.

We're the prime destination for any vet looking for a fresh start.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Flacco is serving his purpose.

He’s at least providing a puncher’s chance at a win (compare to the team fielding Luke Falk for multiple starts). Also is a calming influence in the huddle (and in helping Wilson, I’d imagine) & has the ability to carry himself with a been-there-done-that stability that a young supporting cast needs from a backup. 

He’s helping show what the offense is capable of with even a has-been behind center. Wilson’s not going to get the prior QBs’ built-in excuses of the team not furnishing a workable supporting cast. So if Wilson looks near-hopeless, those other variables have been eliminated; the problem’s him.

So he’s not a long-term QB2 of the future (let alone its potential QB1 should Wilson suck again). That isn’t among the top 20 concerns I’ve got; most QB2s around the league are awful anyway, and I had little confidence in White growing into the team’s long term QB1 anyway.

Good for him, Saleh, Wilson, Mann, Zuerlein, Hall, and the rest of the team, chalking up a badly needed feels-great win. Good for us, too. This team has made it easy to forget that we’re supposed to be watching & following this stuff for pleasure.

Good post, Wilson needs to soak in how Flacco is getting the ball in the play makers hands and taking what the defense is giving them.

They don’t need hero ball or forced throws that become turnovers.