Take the Flacco hate and stick it

Untouchable

On 9/19/2022 at 10:36 AM, doitny said:

i think you need help if you seen anything more from Zach Wilson last year.

listen we all want Zach to be our FQB. but we cant lie to ourselves. what Flacco has done these last 2 weeks have put more pressure on Zack. and you can see this board is starting to change its mind on Flacco. i see alot more Flacco has earned another start or play Flacco until he sucks posts then last week. only the die hard Zach fans want to see him next week.

plus Saleh will totally lose the locker room if he goes with Zach after what Flacco did.

i am sorry i dont feed the trolls.

31 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i am sorry i dont feed the trolls.

i come with facts and you come with insults. and im the troll? 

i guess thats what happens when someone cant provide facts to prove their point. just insult.

but you keep trying to find that proof that Zach is the best QB on the team.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, doitny said:

i come with facts and you come with insults. and im the troll? 

i guess thats what happens when someone cant provide facts to prove their point. just insult.

but you keep trying to find that proof that Zach is the best QB on the team.

ok i take it back you are not a troll, you just don't know what you are talking about. here is a perfect example.

the fact that Wilson wasnt great last year is meaningless, the only thing that matters i finding out for sure whether or not he CAN be good. There is no upside of starting Joe Flacco....unless your goal is to win 8-9 games (maybe) with no plan at QB next year. And to be extra clear, Wilson playing and being bad is still better then Flacco playing and being mediocre or even decent.

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

ok i take it back you are not a troll, you just don't know what you are talking about. here is a perfect example.

the fact that Wilson wasnt great last year is meaningless, the only thing that matters i finding out for sure whether or not he CAN be good. There is no upside of starting Joe Flacco....unless your goal is to win 8-9 games (maybe) with no plan at QB next year. And to be extra clear, Wilson playing and being bad is still better then Flacco playing and being mediocre or even decent.

next day

Mims... Aug 26 NY Post

I’m not going to say it’s over with him,” Saleh said. “I’m standing by it: He’s had a really good OTAs, he’s done a really good job in training camp. 

done so good and yet not even active in 2 games.

this one is my favorite...

but then....sept 7

"You guys know me, I’m the eternal optimist, but we are going to make sure that both mind and body are 110%, make sure we do right by him."

wait now its his mind too? but 2 days ago he said its just physcally. sounds like he is factoring potential rust to me.

point is Saleh says one thing today and another the next. its hard to believe anything he says. there is no doubt Zach is the future. but is he the best QB on the roster right now? im not sure i can believe Saleh really thinks that. and sorry but you cant just forget last year. 

9 wins got 2 teams in each league in the playoffs. also a few 9 win teams didnt make it. we might not see another playoffs for 10 years if were wrong on Zach. i dont see anything wrong if that happens that Zach sits a year and watches a team in a playoff run. might also be good for his knee to get more rest. then he can play next year. if Zach plays this year and fails i dont think we draft another QB after just 2 years so he is on this team no matter what in 23. and i also think that we bring in competion next year in case he fails.

but this could all be a mute point . all depends on what Flacco does against the Bengals. by next week i might be agreeing with you.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, doitny said:

next day

Mims... Aug 26 NY Post

I’m not going to say it’s over with him,” Saleh said. “I’m standing by it: He’s had a really good OTAs, he’s done a really good job in training camp. 

done so good and yet not even active in 2 games.

this one is my favorite...

but then....sept 7

"You guys know me, I’m the eternal optimist, but we are going to make sure that both mind and body are 110%, make sure we do right by him."

wait now its his mind too? but 2 days ago he said its just physcally. sounds like he is factoring potential rust to me.

point is Saleh says one thing today and another the next. its hard to believe anything he says. there is no doubt Zach is the future. but is he the best QB on the roster right now? im not sure i can believe Saleh really thinks that. and sorry but you cant just forget last year. 

9 wins got 2 teams in each league in the playoffs. also a few 9 win teams didnt make it. we might not see another playoffs for 10 years if were wrong on Zach. i dont see anything wrong if that happens that Zach sits a year and watches a team in a playoff run. might also be good for his knee to get more rest. then he can play next year. if Zach plays this year and fails i dont think we draft another QB after just 2 years so he is on this team no matter what in 23. and i also think that we bring in competion next year in case he fails.

but this could all be a mute point . all depends on what Flacco does against the Bengals. by next week i might be agreeing with you.

again what is the upside of rolling with Flacco? SB? a contract next year? what is your long game...?

I don’t have an issue starting Flacco again if he beats the Bengals BUT you need to find out about Wilson.  You cannot go into Year 3 still not knowing what he is especially after using a 2nd overall pick on him.  I’ve seen a good amount of people write him off already which is kind of kind boggling since he didn’t even really  play a full year yet.  Plus we finally get to see him play with actual weapons around him.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I don’t have an issue starting Flacco again if he beats the Bengals BUT you need to find out about Wilson.  You cannot go into Year 3 still not knowing what he is especially after using a 2nd overall pick on him.  I’ve seen a good amount of people write him off already which is kind of kind boggling since he didn’t even really  play a full year yet.  Plus we finally get to see him play with actual weapons around him.  

If Zach is ready, he should play.  If you let Flacco play week 4 if he beats then Bengals then are you also saying you'll let him play week 5 if he wins week 4?

I'm not sure what I think Zach is right now (though he was pretty awful last year) but he needs to play as soon as he's ready.  Flacco is a waste of time.

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Zach is ready, he should play.  If you let Flacco play week 4 if he beats then Bengals then are you also saying you'll let him play week 5 if he wins week 4?

I'm not sure what I think Zach is right now (though he was pretty awful last year) but he needs to play as soon as he's ready.  Flacco is a waste of time.

Totally disagree.  If Flacco is winning he should play.  Anything else is insane.  We have Zack under contract for a while yet and there is no reason to believe he wouldn't get educated + hungry sitting on the bench.  

If Flacco is playing like crap then yes sure it's Zack time.  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

again what is the upside of rolling with Flacco? SB? a contract next year? what is your long game...?

i only want to roll with Flacco if he plays good and develops this young offense. GW had a great game. that has to continue. 

and yes playoffs in on my mind. let Flacco play until we are 2 games under 500. why do we have to keep throwing away seasons. plus we dont need 14 games to see what Zach is. he isnt a rookie no more. i dont expect him to throw a 300 yds game in his 1st game or 2 but he cant come out with a 140 yd game either and look like this is his 1st NFL game.

if Flacco gets us to a AFCCG or a SB and we lose is that a wasted season? i think that would be one of the greatest Jets seasons of my life. and i have been a fan since 1980 or so. i remember i was a fan before the mud bowl.

this reminds me of that guy from Popeye who wanted a hamburger today but wanted to pay you tomorrow. what if he got hit by a bus and died. i loss that money. but this is worst cause you want me to sacrifice another season and you cant promise me playoffs next year or the year after that. i might never get paid for that hamburger. lol

whats your long game? Zach plays well and we got our FQB. but if he sucks you draft another one in the 1st rd? and every win Flacco gets hurts out draft position?  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Totally disagree.  If Flacco is winning he should play.  Anything else is insane.  We have Zack under contract for a while yet and there is no reason to believe he would get educated + hungry sitting on the bench.  

If Flacco is playing like crap then yes sure it's Zack time.  

We aren't winning anything under Flacco.  The future of this franchise is about ZW.  He needs to be in there as soon as he's ready to play.  We need to learn as much about him before JD needs to decide about a 2nd contract (or drafting a replacement). 

If we were in the 49ers situation, I wouldn't have started Trey Lance over Jimmy G because I think they could've won a SB with Jimmy G.  The Jets have been putrid for years though and Joe Flacco is 37 years old.

On top of all of this, I don't think Flacco is a winning QB.  He's a "respectable loss" guy.  It took a miracle (something that hadn't happened in over 2,000 games) for him to win on Sunday.  Practically half of his stats (2 of his 4 TDs and 123 of 307 passing yards) came in the last 2 minutes of the game (when the Browns could've ran the clock out instead of Chubb going for the TD).  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, doitny said:

i only want to roll with Flacco if he plays good and develops this young offense. GW had a great game. that has to continue. 

and yes playoffs in on my mind. let Flacco play until we are 2 games under 500. why do we have to keep throwing away seasons. plus we dont need 14 games to see what Zach is. he isnt a rookie no more. i dont expect him to throw a 300 yds game in his 1st game or 2 but he cant come out with a 140 yd game either and look like this is his 1st NFL game.

if Flacco gets us to a AFCCG or a SB and we lose is that a wasted season? i think that would be one of the greatest Jets seasons of my life. and i have been a fan since 1980 or so. i remember i was a fan before the mud bowl.

this reminds me of that guy from Popeye who wanted a hamburger today but wanted to pay you tomorrow. what if he got hit by a bus and died. i loss that money. but this is worst cause you want me to sacrifice another season and you cant promise me playoffs next year or the year after that. i might never get paid for that hamburger. lol

whats your long game? Zach plays well and we got our FQB. but if he sucks you draft another one in the 1st rd? and every win Flacco gets hurts out draft position?  

1. lol at the bolded

2. so Flacco goes 9-8 you miss the playoffs, and you go into next year with the guy you spent a second overall pick on having not played for a year....and then what? you start him? or you have brining back Flacco as the starter?

i am sorry man, we live in different realities, either Zack is the guy or it isnt...nothing but that matters to sensible jets fans.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

1. lol at the bolded

2. so Flacco goes 9-8 you miss the playoffs, and you go into next year with the guy you spent a second overall pick on having not played for a year....and then what? you start him? or you have brining back Flacco as the starter?

i am sorry man, we live in different realities, either Zack is the guy or it isnt...nothing but that matters to sensible jets fans.

I get that people don't trust ZW (I don't know what he is yet either and he stunk last year) but the love for Flacco is absolutely delusional at this point. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

Echoing @doitny I don’t think anyone has any real hope that this is the year jets catch lightening in a bottle but there is a huge benefit to ensure competent QB play to develop our future contributors. Would prefer like all of us if BYU is that guy but we cannot squander that in hopes of developing one guy at the expense of many. 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I get that people don't trust ZW (I don't know what he is yet either and he stunk last year) but the love for Flacco is absolutely delusional at this point. 

not if he takes us to the AFCCG or SB lol

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jgb said:

Echoing @doitny I don’t think anyone has any real hope that this is the year jets catch lightening in a bottle but there is a huge benefit to ensure competent QB play to develop our future contributors. Would prefer like all of us if BYU is that guy but we cannot squander that in hopes of developing one guy at the expense of many. 

so you sit him if Flacco played well enough to keep afloat? how is that finding anything out?

13 hours ago, k-met57 said:

The fact that Wilson wasn't great last year isn't even the point.   He was barely able to run the O.  He was terrible.  The idea that we can only be sure if he's good is to start him every game he is healthy isn't a fact either.  

7 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

so you sit him if Flacco played well enough to keep afloat? how is that finding anything out?

If Flacco is winning you roll. When/if he falters, BYU gets an opportunity. If he sucks, switch back.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

If Flacco is winning you roll. When/if he falters, BYU gets an opportunity. If he sucks, switch back.

yeah well thank god Saleh and JD are committed to building a perennial winner and not a 9 win team with a 50 year old QB. you guys are out to lunch...and i mean that with all due respect.

Just now, k-met57 said:

yeah well thank god Saleh and JD are committed to building a perennial winner and not a 9 win team with a 50 year old QB. you guys are out to lunch...and i mean that with all due respect.

I like lunch but if BYU can’t not look like sh*t for two games, then back to the bench. Welcome to the big boy club.

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

I like lunch but if BYU can’t not look like sh*t for two games, then back to the bench. Welcome to the big boy club.

yeah but you'll never know, because you are staying with Flacco as long as he is running at 500

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

I think that's why a lot of people are writing him off.

7 minutes ago, peebag said:

I think that's why a lot of people are writing him off.

Interestingly, that is the best reason to write him off, or at least, be highly skeptical. 

But actually, most of his loudest critics on this board didn't want to draft him in the first place and were out on him after 3 or 4 starts. 

46 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

1. lol at the bolded

1. i bet you laughed in 98 with old man Vinny who sucked his whole career or Sanchez in 09 , 10 who was OK at best. you never know.

2. Zack starts next year. and Flacco will probably get more money to start somewhere else if he wins 9 games. but if they decide that Zach isnt the guy without playing this year and bring in a Gardner Minschew i would be fine with that too. he is still pretty young.. 27 maybe? and has played well in his 1st 3 years. let them 2 fight it out next year and the winner is still young enough to be here a long time. 

9 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

if Saleh and JD are committed to keeping their jobs they roll with the hot hand and get wins. otherwise if they bench a hot Flacco and Zach sucks they will be committed to being with different teams next year.

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

Scoffing at a 9 win team......only Jets fans!!!!! :) 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Scoffing at a 9 win team......only Jets fans!!!!! :) 

“If we don’t win a ring it’s all meaningless! I prefer 4-13 and the 4th pick in the draft!!!”

Call me a dummy but this is supposed to be entertainment and I gain a lot more value from a full season of meaningful games on the cusp of the playoffs than sucking ass and maybe getting a player in the draft.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

“If we don’t win a ring it’s all meaningless! I prefer 4-13 and the 4th pick in the draft!!!”

Call me a dummy but this is supposed to be entertainment and I gain a lot more value from a full season of meaningful games on the cusp of the playoffs than sucking ass and maybe getting a player in the draft.

To be fair, it would also be nice if the Jets prowess for the latter were as strong as their prowess for the former. 

3 hours ago, k-met57 said:

1. lol at the bolded

The Flacco delusion by some on this board is getting out of control lol. Yes he came in and performed well, all Jets fans are very happy he got us a W last week. But that’s as far as it goes. Zach is QB1. As soon as he’s healthy he’ll be back out there. Some of these guys predicting deep playoff run with Flacco need their head examined 

40 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

The Flacco delusion by some on this board is getting out of control lol.

As opposed to the HC resting the hope and future of the franchise on a 2nd year QB who was league-worst as a rookie?

Nobody thinks Flacco is good.  Not really.  Not even his kids.  It’s done for laughs and to trigger the Kapono die hards.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

As opposed to the HC resting the hope and future of the franchise on a 2nd year QB who was league-worst as a rookie?

Nobody thinks Flacco is good.  Not really.  Not even his kids.  It’s done for laughs and to trigger the Kapono die hards.

They picked him 2nd overall. He’s gonna play. If he’s a bust they’ll bring in a new QB to replace him. Some fans acting like benching Flacco will cost us a super bowl. Seems as if JD built a nice offense, now we just need a QB to run it. So Zach will get his chance. And if he blows it, someone else will step into the role. Not rocket science 

3 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

To be fair, it would also be nice if the Jets prowess for the latter were as strong as their prowess for the former. 

At this point I’m looking for meaningful football beyond the fall equinox