AFJF

20 minutes ago, AFJF said:

That's how many consecutive NFL games teams had won while leading by 13 points with under two minutes to go...until today.

Per Cimini

Last time it happened?  The Bears did it to....the Browns.

So, really it's more about the Browns being bad than the Jets being good.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

So, really it's more about the Browns being bad than the Jets being good.

Really.....

Enjoy a little good....

Did the Browns make a ton of mistakes.... not really...

Did the football gods love the Jets in the final 2 minutes.... yep...

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, PorP said:

Really.....

Enjoy a little good....

Did the Browns make a ton of mistakes.... not really...

Did the football gods love the Jets in the final 2 minutes.... yep...

Mistake 1: Left Corey Davis wide open

Mistake 2: Forgot how to recover an onside kick

Mistake 3: Made Joe Flacco mad

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Mistake 1: Left Corey Davis wide open

Mistake 2: Forgot how to recover an onside kick

Mistake 3: Made Joe Flacco mad

Missed xp. 

Browns made a lot of mistakes in the lalst two minutes.  But we also made plays when given the opportunity.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Missed xp. 

Browns made a lot of mistakes in the lalst two minutes.  But we also made plays when given the opportunity.

Oh yea, I forgot about the missed xp.

I'm not trying to poo poo on the Jets win, if that's what anyone is thinking. I'm just saying that the record in the OP is typically what I'd expect to happen to the Jets, and it's just funny that it's not us for once, lol.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Missed xp. 

And there is where todays win is epic for me. How many times have we seen teams beat us on dumb mistakes we made? Mistakes happen, its how you capitalize on it that wins you some ballgames.

• Upvote 2

Last week we had to hear (ad nauseum) the Jets made too many mistakes, and the Ravens took advantage. Good teams make bad teams pay for their mistakes.

Today, the Jets made the Browns pay for their mistakes. There were times during the game it seemed the Refs were determined to prevent the Jets from winning. Too many losses have come down to a bad call, and we all said we have to be good enough were a bad call doesn't kill our team. 

Today, we were good enough to overcome a slew of bad calls, and take advantage of the mistakes the Browns made.

Enjoy it! I sure am.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

It's far lower than that under the new rules ... less than 20%.

2017, teams recovered 12 of 57 onside kicks, a success rate of 21 percent; the Miami Dolphins alone recovered 4 of 5 onside kicks. In 2018, the first year after the kickoff rule changes, teams recovered 4 of 52 onside kick tries.

you are correct 

22 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Really? Seems like it would be more lopsided than that. Granted, I don't watch any games other than the Jets, so maybe it's just lopsided against them, lol.

Well Saleh just said 7% so apparently I'm all afu and heard 44% in some other context like ball position for on side kick???

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Does anyone else feel like we're talking way too much trash about this and because of that it is increasing the likelihood of it happening to us against the Bengals. 

Feel like a loss to the Bengals is inevitable.  A loss like the one we just handed the Browns and I'll be numb.  Again.

Just now, AFJF said:

Feel like a loss to the Bengals is inevitable.  A loss like the one we just handed the Browns and I'll be numb.  Again.

Having the Bengals start 0-3 is not good for the NFL.And their new golden boy Joe Burrow.  

Jets are going to be up against the Bengals and the refs.  They can win, but it won't be easy.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Having the Bengals start 0-3 is not good for the NFL.And their new golden boy Joe Burrow.  

Jets are going to be up against the Bengals and the refs.  They can win, but it won't be easy.

I don't even see that as a factor.  Bengals are 0-2 but have a ton of talent.  Teams like that very rarely start off 0-3.  They're basically playing to keep their season alive on Sunday.