We’re on to Cincinnati

Titan24

Cleveland is a much tougher opponent in the trenches then Cincy will be, but Cincy will be a completely different matchup then we have faced so far because of Burrow and Chase.

This is when we will see what this team is really made of.  Cincy is starting a rookie 4th round pick at LG next to a very average center.  QW and the rest of the DL should really be able to push the cincy OL around and control the game - key word being should.  

Defensively they have 2 players in Hendrickson and Bates and no one else who should scare us at all.  I really like this matchup going in and coming off our first september win in ages, I think the stadium will be loud enough to give us an actual home field advantage.

Going into Pittsburgh with ZW back at 2-1 would be quite an accomplishment (especially since we would have essentially eliminated the Bengals from the playoffs at 0-3 with a loss against us)

31 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Bengals OL is really bad right now with 4 new guys. Burrow has been sacked like 14 times in the first two games.

DL MUST get pressure on Burrow. If they don't it will be a long day.

It is amazing when a QB has to play with a bad OL. I expect the Bengals will eventually get their act together and the line will get better. Probably next week as luck will have it. Burrow is a really promising QB, but remember how last year everyone was Zach sucks and is a bust - look how well Burrow is doing? Not saying Zach will be as good as Burrow - just saying how any QB can look pedestrian when surrounded by crap.

A QB is supposed to elevate the team around them, blah, blah. Like a rookie QB on a bad team with a poor OL and no real weapons is supposed to just play like Brady.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

It is amazing when a QB has to play with a bad OL. I expect the Bengals will eventually get their act together and the line will get better. Probably next week as luck will have it. Burrow is a really promising QB, but remember how last year everyone was Zach sucks and is a bust - look how well Burrow is doing? Not saying Zach will be as good as Burrow - just saying how any QB can look pedestrian when surrounded by crap.

A QB is supposed to elevate the team around them, blah, blah. Like a rookie QB on a bad team with a poor OL and no real weapons is supposed to just play like Brady.

Burrow was getting killed all last year too.  In the playoffs he was getting sacked 7-8 times each game and still winning.  That's why most feel he has the "it" factor.   Eventually bad line play makes even the very best succumb. 

I still have to rewatch the Brown game, but Brissett lit us up.  I expect Burrow to do the same and it's up to the offense to control the line and shorten the game. 

17 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Burrow was getting killed all last year too.  In the playoffs he was getting sacked 7-8 times each game and still winning.  That's why most feel he has the "it" factor.   Eventually bad line play makes even the very best succumb. 

I still have to rewatch the Brown game, but Brissett lit us up.  I expect Burrow to do the same and it's up to the offense to control the line and shorten the game. 

Cleveland has a pretty good, if not good, OL and has the threat of the running game. Not saying we win or keep it close, just saying our DL has a better chance to put pressure on Burrow than Brissett. 

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

Read somewhere this morning that Burrow is on pace to shatter the NFL’s getting sacked record - at this rate it would be 111 sacks over 17 games. And while the OL has definitely been bad, some of it is the stuff that Zach gets a lot crap about; holding the ball too long trying to make a play. This should be a very good matchup for the Jets DL. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, slats said:

Read somewhere this morning that Burrow is on pace to shatter the NFL’s getting sacked record - at this rate it would be 111 sacks over 17 games. And while the OL has definitely been bad, some of it is the stuff that Zach gets a lot crap about; holding the ball too long trying to make a play. This should be a very good matchup for the Jets DL. 

He's been sacked 13 times in 2 games.  And it wasn't all TJ Watt and Micah Parson.  They only had 3 sacks between them.  Clearly something they are going to focus on this week, but hopefully, our guys can do some feasting on Sunday as well.

Few fun facts in this category.  Burrow also has 89 pass attempts, which is second in the NFL (Flacco leads with 103!).  That puts his sack% at 12.7%, which is very bad.  Justin Fields actually leads with 15.2% but Burrow is actually tied for 2nd with...Daniel Jones.  8 sacks in 55 attempts.

On the other side, you have the ridiculous Patrick Mahomes with a sack % of 1.3%.  1 sack in 74 attempts.

Another fun fact in passing.  Of all QBs with 2 games played, guess who is leading the league in completion percentage.  If I told you, it would ruin it.  You have to look it up.  It's the second one (after Allen). 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/passing.htm#passing::pass_cmp_perc

• Haha 1