Connor Hughes: Davis TD Wasn't Busted Coverage.

Can someone explain in more detail? I don't understand what he means when he says this isn't a busted coverage.

Is this just semantics? 

EDIT - just read "#Browns Denzel Ward said 'I was playing the flat' on the 66-yarder to #Jets Corey Davis"

so, if it is Delpit zone and he doesn't go there, how isn't that busted coverage?

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

You’re still going? Lol 

Damn straight. 

Please enlighten me how Saleh had a single thing to do with any aspect of this play. At all. 

Hes never even seen the inside of the offensive coordinators office. 

• Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Damn straight. 

Please enlighten me how Saleh had a single thing to do with any aspect of this play. At all. 

Hes never even seen the inside of the offensive coordinators office. 

Saying the hc has never stepped foot inside the ocs office is just a terrible take. This act is getting old very quickly. It’s fine if you don’t like him, but acting like he’s a complete bum because of 1 bad season with a practice squad roster is being completely over dramatic. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

Saying the hc has never stepped foot inside the ocs office is just a terrible take. This act is getting old very quickly. It’s fine if you don’t like him, but acting like he’s a complete bum because of 1 bad season with a practice squad roster is being completely over dramatic. 

It's almost cute how serious you think I am with that particular comment.  

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes it was a busted coverage, whether the jets made a nice series of plays or not.  When a guy runs down the field and no one is within 30 yards of him it is an obvious bust.

Ridiculous to say it is other wise.

It's just revisionist history. That's all. 

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The key phrase is: Ward tried to undercut it for an INT.

So basically Ward wanted a garbage time interception and because of that, we gave up a 70 yard td.

That is the def of a busted coverage.

Omfg the world is ending. 

I agree with you for once. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

It's just revisionist history. That's all. 

It's not revisionist history it's country club Connor trying to break down film and not understanding it wasn't the same exact coverage called.....and then a bunch of seals barking on Twitter telling him what a great job he's done.  lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, undertow said:

It's not revisionist history it's country club Connor trying to break down film and not understanding it wasn't the same exact coverage called.....and then a bunch of seals barking on Twitter telling him what a great job he's done.  lol

Well said. 

40 minutes ago, MARTIN said:

Can someone explain in more detail? I don't understand what he means when he says this isn't a busted coverage.

Is this just semantics? 

EDIT - just read "#Browns Denzel Ward said 'I was playing the flat' on the 66-yarder to #Jets Corey Davis"

so, if it is Delpit zone and he doesn't go there, how isn't that busted coverage?

I think - busted coverage would mean someone was doing something other than what they were responsible for in the defense called. For example, if the corner was supposed to be in man coverage and he thought he was in zone or vice versa. This sort of thing would create a giant opening in the defense because someone isn't doing what they're supposed to. If a player just gets beat, which is what Connor is saying happened, that's not busted coverage.

• Upvote 2

If someone is that wide open that far down down the field there is busted coverage. That busted coverage may have been caused by a well disguised route but it is still a busted coverage. It really doesn’t matter though because it is 6 points either way.

• Upvote 1