Heidi Bowl 2

addage

For the oldsters in the crowd, this game so reminds me of the infamous loss to the Raiders.  Jets went ahead and the network cut off the end of the game to run their Sunday night showing of "Heidi".  Raiders then scored 2 TD's to win the game.  

If it's true that the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.  We've been waiting for the "giveth" for a long, long time.  Just glad to be on the plus side of a game like this!!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, addage said:

For the oldsters in the crowd, this game so reminds me of the infamous loss to the Raiders.  Jets went ahead and the network cut off the end of the game to run their Sunday night showing of "Heidi".  Raiders then scored 2 TD's to win the game.  

If it's true that the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.  We've been waiting for the "giveth" for a long, long time.  Just glad to be on the plus side of a game like this!!

Very nice comparison.  I was intensely watching the Heidi Bowl game on my living room TV, and then I see Heidi running in some field, and I'm like, where the F--- is the Jets game?  Very nice!!

I never have gotten over that loss, but this win makes up for it, yes!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

I posted this elsewhere, but what we saw yesterday I think was more statistically impossible than just about any other game you can think of.  The odds of the Raiders scoring those two TD's in 9 seconds were better than what the Jets just pulled off.  Just remarkable...

I said the same last night.  The Jets helped the Raiders out with a face mask penalty to set up the first TD and then fumbling the KO which the Raiders returned for the 2nd TD.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If you were watching on the Directv stream, it cut off some of quarter 2 and all of quarter 3.

So I thought I would be clever and just shut it off instead of seeing highlights on the Red Zone which I have cable, so I just shut it all down until the game was over and then watched the full replay starting with the second half. It was still very exciting but I could see the total length so I kind of knew there would be some level of extra time, maybe OT but not that. It was still super exciting.