Saleh's press conference - Sounds like Flacco does have a shot to be the qb this year

Yeah I hear ya I'm there. But I'm tired of "fans" threating to leave for whatever reasons. Don't complain just do it. 

I totally understand. I meant this question for the mature adults here. People have obviously said see ya and meant it by the looks of the stadium on Sundays. My kids take some of my tickets because they are in their 20s and have healthier livers than me. But I still go to like 4-6. The first one this year being Miami. Already scheduled it so no backing out - but if it was one of those games where I needed to find some people to go with and Wilson still looks shaky at best I would probably stay home. Otoh is Flacco looked competent and good, I would go regardless. Just was wondering if others felt the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I totally understand. I meant this question for the mature adults here. People have obviously said see ya and meant it by the looks of the stadium on Sundays. My kids take some of my tickets because they are in their 20s and have healthier livers than me. But I still go to like 4-6. The first one this year being Miami. Already scheduled it so no backing out - but if it was one of those games where I needed to find some people to go with and Wilson still looks shaky at best I would probably stay home. Otoh is Flacco looked competent and good, I would go regardless. Just was wondering if others felt the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Sorry if I came off so aggressive there. I'm a long time STH and when I was younger really struggled when the Jets lost. My priorities in life are different now but I'm still an avid fan . It's just that I no longer let the negativity of losing get to me. I go to the games because I enjoy football,  the family and friends we tailgate with and if and when the Jets are good again it will be that much sweeter. I know other fans have different situations so I really should not judge based on my mindset. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I know Zach fans like to assert hope by pointing to Josh Allen coming on in Year Three. Highlighted are the performances by Allen in starts 14-20. Note: his receivers were rookie Dawson Knox, Zay Jones, and Isiah McKenzie. His running back was Frank Gore. Other than the Pats wipeout, Allen was already showing some promise by this point.

2761F8A8-8691-4E4C-A4C4-846C57C23A98.png

Those are very pedestrian numbers (and that’s being kind - 16/34 for 169 yards?), but I do expect to see Wilson play better almost right away if he’s going to turn into a good player. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, doitny said:

just curious and this question isnt just for you but the rest for the "hate JD and hate saleh guys" ...

do you give them a pass if Zach busts and we win like 4 games since your willing to bench Flacco even if he has a great game next week? 

now they did draft him but if it could have been a wildcard run that you were willing to give up? 

Bro I don’t hate JD I just feel that he leaves so much meat on the bone as a GM but nobody’s perfect and he’s been at least competent so I do have some form of respect for him…

but to answer your question no I don’t give him a pass if Zach bust because ultimately he took Zach at 2 overall, you draft a dude that high he needs to be playing in his second year and we can’t overlook this 

a wildcard run with Flacco shouldn’t save this staff either because that means Zach is a bust and if Zach is a bust how can we let JD pick another QB, how can you feel confident in Saleh coaching in that scenario?

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Bro I don’t hate JD I just feel that he leaves so much meat on the bone as a GM but nobody’s perfect and he’s been at least competent so I do have some form of respect for him…

but to answer your question no I don’t give him a pass if Zach bust because ultimately he took Zach at 2 overall, you draft a dude that high he needs to be playing in his second year and we can’t overlook this 

a wildcard run with Flacco shouldn’t save this staff either because that means Zach is a bust and if Zach is a bust how can we let JD pick another QB, how can you feel confident in Saleh coaching in that scenario?

I think the argument would be that most QBs bust and it’s really hard to pick a good one, so if he has the rest of the roster looking promising, you let him roll the dice again.

also, if the jets somehow make the playoffs (I’m not holding my breath), neither JD or Saleh are going anywhere for a long time, regardless of who played QB. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

I think the argument would be that most QBs bust and it’s really hard to pick a good one, so if he has the rest of the roster looking promising, you let him roll the dice again.

also, if the jets somehow make the playoffs (I’m not holding my breath), neither JD or Saleh are going anywhere for a long time, regardless of who played QB. 

I agree 1000% with everything here but

IMO

This is why basement teams stay basement, a wildcard run with this roster with Flacco shouldn’t save JD or Saleh.

This is a wildcard team with Flacco imo and a SB contender with Zach reaching somewhere near his full potential. 

I’m curious though just for kicks and giggles let’s say Zach bust and we have the #1 overall pick and it’s split between fans and media who is QB1 between Bryce young or CJ, and JD is the Gm making the selection after Zach has completely bust, do you honestly feel he would make the correct choice?

Me personally I cringe at the thought 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

IMO

This is why basement teams stay basement, a wildcard run with this roster with Flacco shouldn’t save JD or Saleh.

This is a wildcard team with Flacco imo and a SB contender with Zach reaching somewhere near his full potential. 

I’m curious though just for kicks and giggles let’s say Zach bust and we have the #1 overall pick and it’s split between fans and media who is QB1 between Bryce young or CJ, and JD is the Gm making the selection after Zach has completely bust, do you honestly feel he would make the correct choice?

Ok, well, if we somehow got the number 1 overall pick this year, everyone needs to be fired. Lol. The coach should be gone before anyone because this roster is much better than 2-3 wins, IMO. So, to answer your question, I would not feel comfortable with JD making any picks at that point, because I would want him gone (and I think there’s a legit chance he would be in this scenario - the expectations are too high now - being the worst team in football would be an unmitigated disaster) 

As for how good we can/should be? I’d say we have a really good offense with above average QB play, but that is a HUGE qualifier. And I’m not sure about the defense yet.

We could be a wildcard team if Wilson (or Flacco) were to ball, but I have a tough time seeing a contender under any circumstance. I think we have a lot of potential, but still a lot of unproven guys who need to develop. The free safeties are bad and the DL has yet to live up to its hype/potential. The OL depth is also bad and we are one more OT injury from being in some trouble. The TEs were also probably overvalued coming into the season and probably only average. I also continue to be uninspired by the defensive scheme.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

IMO

i agree 100% with @slimjasi reply

but you do make a good point with JD picking the new QB.

but i would give him another shot because of this. the 2020 draft could be the worst draft in our history. 2021 looks better and i know its early but 2022 is looking even better. it looks like he is learning from some of his past mistakes. but of course we will know more by the end of the season. 

but i dont think i want to draft another QB. maybe find some FA or something. we want to 2 AFCCGs with Mark Sanchez and he was ok. that team carried him. so we dont need the next Peyton. yes it would be nice but we have a good young talented team. if Zach fails i dont know if we can waste another year or 2 going thru the growing pains of a rookie QB only to find out he sucks. we got to take advantage of the next 2-3 years before we got to start paying some of these guys cause we wont be able to keep them all.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 9/20/2022 at 9:08 PM, batman10023 said:

patience?  he's played 12 games in his career.  give him this year, if he doesn't improve (significantly) versus last year then we bring in real competition next year.

what exactly did you expect him to do last year.  our roster was terrible.

and what is wrong with a game manager, we haven't gotten that in years.

The bar has been set. Play better than Flacco. 2 games then gong show.

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s inevitable that he’s going to struggle @Steelers, and the Dolphins, then on the road in Denver and Green Bay. It’s going to be four straight rough, rough starts for him, and then what? Now they have 17 games of data saying that he sucks. Then they get Belichick twice sandwiched around the Bills. That’ll be twenty games of pure humiliation. If I was a Team Zach guy, I’m finding a doctor that’ll give him six to eight more weeks on the couch.

He needs to face good teams and tough circumstances.  If he's a great QB, he'll overcome it (like Justin Herbert did).  If he can't overcome it then we look for another FQB in the next draft.

On 9/21/2022 at 5:41 PM, 56mehl56 said:

Sorry if I came off so aggressive there. I'm a long time STH and when I was younger really struggled when the Jets lost. My priorities in life are different now but I'm still an avid fan . It's just that I no longer let the negativity of losing get to me. I go to the games because I enjoy football,  the family and friends we tailgate with and if and when the Jets are good again it will be that much sweeter. I know other fans have different situations so I really should not judge based on my mindset. 

Ah ok.

You were replying to somebody else with this.  

But yeah, I was gonna say why be a prick  in that other thread, but it’s all good.

I see.

I guess anonymous forums are a convenient emotional / whatever outlet for some.

God bless.

29 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Ah ok.

You were replying to somebody else with this.  

But yeah, I was gonna say why be a prick  in that other thread, but it’s all good.

I see.

I guess anonymous forums are a convenient emotional / whatever outlet for some.

God bless.

You reap what you sow,  no apologies to you buddy. 

15 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

You reap what you sow,  no apologies to you buddy. 

Wasn’t seeking an apology.

On the bright side for you, JN is cheaper than therapy.

Glad you’ve found your outlet for self-help.

I understand inflation is hitting pretty hard in the tri-state.

Was just reacting to your post discussing your own psychological history, which sadly speaks for itself.  

11 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Wasn’t seeking an apology.

On the bright side for you, JN is cheaper than therapy.

Glad you’ve found your outlet for self-help.

I understand inflation is hitting pretty hard in the tri-state.

Was just reacting to your post discussing your own psychological history, which sadly speaks for itself.  

You should take your own advice because you clearly are the one who needs help. Do you self a favor and stop now. 

• 2 months later...