We got rid of JA and his high price tag. We got a 1st round pick. SO...

the jets trade a drunken party animal DE who has some worn tread on his wheels for a 1st round pick when everyone was saying we should just take the 2nd rounder..

I say we did very well.

Get the center MANGOLD from Ohio State w/ #29.

LL

Broncos are at better position of all. Falcons comes in next.

Broncos are a playoff contender with adding 2 first rounders in top 15.. That is sweet.

Falcons get JA to set 4-3 completely with 3rd rounder this year which is agrubly one of the deepest draft in the history. They also will get 4th rounder in 2007 and will be at good position to trade up to get another day one pick by trading those 2 4th rounders.

Jets get mere 29th overall selection this April.. Containing 2 first rounders is good, though... However, Jets have many holes to fill in talent-wise..

I think Jets should get something better than that.. Jets have 8 million back for what? Free agency pool is nearly empty with top talented players by now.

Will they trade up to get Bush?. They better not to do it.

I am tormenting this trade until Jets are lucky enough to get Hawk and White...

Damn.. I hope Jets find many darkhorse players to fill in to make up for this trade.

Get out of here to buy something to clam me down.... ciao!

The Jets got what, six years out of a #13, and then got a #29 for him. They lost a player who had to be over paid...... I might add, ridiculously over paid. A guy with a questionable injury history, and some off field questions. A guy that had no position in a defense that most of us expect to become a base 3-4, with some 4-3 mixed in.

Denver stole the show, but the Falcons.... I really don't think they made out as well as some say. I really question JA as a three down DE. On third and longs, he'll be a beast. I'm not sure he's worth 15.5 mil this year. In fact, i'm sure he isn't.

I'm quite pleased with this outcome.... JA killed his trade value with his contract demands, getting a first rounder... well, I think that's a great deal.

Denver.

Denver moves up in the draft and now has the 15th and 22nd overall to try to package up to draft someone they really want. On KFFL.com it said they want to take a QB in Round 1 maybe? Interesting.

Atlanta got Abe and we got the 29th overall pick.

To me it's like trading Abe to Denver for the 29th overall pcik and Denver tradeing him to Atlanta. But, whatever, we got our 1st round pick so everyone should STFU and be happy. It's 2 spots better then Seattle and it's in the 1st round.

Denver got the best value, according to the draft chart.

Atlanta gets their edge rusher to take pressure off of Partick Kerney, and they now match up well with the other defenses in their division(Rucker/Peppers Carolina Rice/Spires-Tampa Smith/Grant/Williams?-Saints).

The Jets get another #1 pick in a deep draft and cap relief, allowing them to be big players in FA, and June 1st cuts.

This is not over, either. The Jets can still trade down from #4, providing more picks to play with.

Overall, a good deal for all parties involved, but Denver wins out. So far.

1. Denver gets the 15th and 22nd picks in the draft.

2. Atlanta Gets a Pro Bowl DE and 2 Denver picks in the middle rounds for their 15th pick.

3. Jets. I never wanted Abraham to leave. If the Jets want Mangold at pick 29 that means they cut Kevin Mawae and traded John Abraham in return for unproven college center to replace Mawae. And they still have to replace John Abraham the best defensive player the Jets had. Mangold better be the next Mike Webster if that's what goes down.

Denver.

Denver moves up in the draft and now has the 15th and 22nd overall to try to package up to draft someone they really want. On KFFL.com it said they want to take a QB in Round 1 maybe? Interesting.

Atlanta got Abe and we got the 29th overall pick.

To me it's like trading Abe to Denver for the 29th overall pcik and Denver tradeing him to Atlanta. But, whatever, we got our 1st round pick so everyone should STFU and be happy. It's 2 spots better then Seattle and it's in the 1st round.

LOL.... imagine that Denver trade up with us, #15 and #22 for #4 so they can get Leinart if he fell. I would be all for that. LOL very doubtful, but we can all dream right? We came in last with the trade deals.

Just a little more analysis here:

I know not many put a lot of stock in draft charts. I know it's just a guide but maybe this will help.

Atlanta gave up the #15 Pick to Denver lose 1050 pts

Atlanta got back #29, #93 640 pts + 128 pts = 768

(i'm not considering the 2007 4th at this point)

At this point Atlanta's net loss is 282 pts

Atlanta trades #29 to Jets, lose another 640 pts

Total net loss to Atlanta, 922pts

Approximate value of those points is around the #18-19 pick. So Atlanta essentially gave up their #15, and got back a 3rd, 4th, and Abraham.

Atlanta Wins

Denver acquires another pick in the 1st Round on the cheap.

Denver Wins

Jets acquire 1st Round pick they wanted, better than Seattle's offer

Jets Win

1. Denver gets the 15th and 22nd picks in the draft.

2. Atlanta Gets a Pro Bowl DE and 2 Denver picks in the middle rounds for their 15th pick.

3. Jets. I never wanted Abraham to leave. If the Jets want Mangold at pick 29 that means they cut Kevin Mawae and traded John Abraham in return for unproven college center to replace Mawae. And they still have to replace John Abraham the best defensive player the Jets had. Mangold better be the next Mike Webster if that's what goes down.

Gee, you almost make it sound like Atlanta gave a contract to Abe for $100 & got great value from Denver.

Denver is the big winner overall. They got the #15 pick by trading away the value of the #21 pick. 1(29) & 3(29) this year plus next year's 4th rounder, which carries the trade value of this year's 5th rounder. The difference in "chart value" is roughly the equivalent of a high 3rd round pick.

Atlanta is a winner and a loser. They win because they get the player they wanted. They lose because they gave up more than they wanted - still lost their first-rounder. They also lose because, as I mentioned above, they got unbelievabley poor trade value to move down from #15 to #29.

Jets do lose a pro-bowl DE, but he has proven unreliable - particularly late in the season & the playoffs) & doesn't fit in a 3-4, despite his prototypical size for the position. If he's not rushing the passer on a given play, he's a pure liability on the field. Jets also avoid a $45M contract with an $18M SB for a 1-dimensional player they don't want, who's no longer playing for a contract, and get a first-rounder in trade. Only negative really is that if that #15 pick could've been had so cheaply, we could've given both 4th-rounders or a 4th & a 5th to get #15 instead of only #29. (If we had #15 and were offered a 4th & a 5th to trade down to #29 we'd laugh in their faces, so I don't see why we wouldn't give that up to get #15)

They All Win!
Agreed. Denver gets a pick that could put them over. Atl gets Abe + picks. We dump a disgruntled dissapointment and get a slightly better pick than the only other bidder was offering. All parties should be happy.
We got rid of JA and his high price tag. We got a 1st round pick. SO...

the jets trade a drunken party animal DE who has some worn tread on his wheels for a 1st round pick when everyone was saying we should just take the 2nd rounder..

I say we did very well.

Get the center MANGOLD from Ohio State w/ #29.

LL

Very Well Said...

I dont understand I remember just a couple months ago everyone thought we couldn't even get a 2nd rounder for JA..

Yeah really.

The Jets made out great. Got rid of a player who doesn't fit in the team and got a 1st round pick for him.

Done and done.

BZ

I'm very happy with this deal,we made the Falcons up their offer and got good value for him.This was better than any deal on the the table.I'd say Atlanta got the the poorer end of the deal (although it's still a good deal for them as no rookie is as good as Abe),they were originaly hoping to get Abe for their 2nd pick,but after the dust has settled,they did lose their number 1 pick in this deal..