2022 NFL Draft: Early Reciepts.

PLO

So I don't think we really need to go into the Jets picks at this stage. Jets have clearly smashed this draft out of the park based on the first few games. All of our picks have shown at least something (even if pre-season), and 3 of the first four picks have been outstanding on a two game sample (I put Breece Hall in that category because he looks fantastic). 

Looking at other selections across the league, as mentioned in another thread, Kyle Hamilton and Tyler Linderbaum look not great at this stage compared to where they were picked. 

Devin Lloyd has been outstanding, Drake London looks very good, Quay Walker looks like a walk up NFL starter. As a fantasy guy I've also been impressed with Isiah Likely. 

Who has or has not impressed you among the rookies across the league, and how similar or different are they to your pre-draft expectations? 

• Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Drake London being Drake London in the pros is heartwarming for me.

Yup.

I was against going with him at #10 and felt he was the most boom/bust prospect of the draft. I was worried that contested catch rate wouldn't translate. 

Looks like he's already answered those questions though. Guy is a stud. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, maury77 said:

You and @kdels62 were right about London and I was wrong, but I still think Garrett Wilson is the better player. 

I liked Wilson, but he's been even better than I thought he'd be. Very happy with him as the pick. I do think some of my concern with his fit in the overall offense is an issue because Moore is not very well suited for outside reps. But at the end of the day, that's a Moore thing not a wilson thing. Moore needs to be able to step up.

I also don't have any confidence in Corey Davis. Guy is a liability who's coasting his way through this contract. Sucks, because he should be better than he is based on what he did in Tenn.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I liked Wilson, but he's been even better than I thought he'd be. Very happy with him as the pick. I do think some of my concern with his fit in the overall offense is an issue because Moore is not very well suited for outside reps. But at the end of the day, that's a Moore thing not a wilson thing. Moore needs to be able to step up.

I also don't have any confidence in Corey Davis. Guy is a liability who's coasting his way through this contract. Sucks, because he should be better than he is based on what he did in Tenn.

If the season starts to go south, it would be prudent for the staff to give Davis’s reps to Mims to see if they can move on from Davis after the season, but with this staff …..

• Upvote 1

On 9/26/2022 at 2:54 PM, kdels62 said:

Drake London being Drake London in the pros is heartwarming for me.

On 9/26/2022 at 3:05 PM, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Me as well. I'm glad about Garrett Wilson, but he's translating how I thought he'd be. Cross as well.

13 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Yup.

I was against going with him at #10 and felt he was the most boom/bust prospect of the draft. I was worried that contested catch rate wouldn't translate. 

Looks like he's already answered those questions though. Guy is a stud. 

I think we're all thrilled with GW but, to be fair, Drake London seems like he'll be more durable.

• 2 weeks later...

Redraft held today for the 2022 NFL draft, Sauce Gardner going no. 1, Garrett Wilson probably top 5 and Breece Hall somewhere in the first round. 

In a draft many said had not that many actual first round elite talents in it, the Jets sure found a few, and that doesn't even get to the rest of our draft which was at least very good. 

At this stage this isn't only arguably the best draft in Jets history, it could well be up there for NFL history, at least in the analytics era. 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

So Jermaine Johnson has been fine but an aggressive trade up for Linderbaum would’ve made us a better team. I know it’s revisionist but the guy has been a stud.

I wanted Linda Baum as well but I think she was gone a pick or 2 before we got JJ.