Jets jump up 7 spots in NFL Power rankings

kevinc855

Just now, The Crusher said:

Also by the way everyone rise is reacting it’s likely the Jets are down 2-3 touchdowns. That’s the honest beauty of it. 

Exactly the Jets probably just got a 3rd down stop to force a FG to go into the half only down 20 lol.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Power rankings at this stage especially are one part last year's history, one part franchise reputation, one part reviewer prejudice, and one part what actually happened in real time. You might just as well read a horoscope. Actually, the horoscope might be more informative.

The art — if you want to be generous — of a horoscope is anyone who reads one thinks “yeah, that does describe me.”

Conversely, Power Rankings result in the fans of 31 teams calling it bullsh*t ? 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, rangerous said:

well it's something.  but they are still ranked in the bottom third.

Not on Offense.

I think they’re actually in the Top 10 in some metric.  What past Decade could that ever be said? 

Breece Hall averaging some insane amount (has to be league-leading, not sure the exact figure) of “yards AFTER contact”.

Garret Wilson will be a Perennial All-Pro.

Max Mitchell has already had a better “Career” in 2 games vs Chuma Edoga.

Threw Mitchell in because to me it shows that Douglas has a definite plan and a road map to get there.

Top 10 with “Old Man” Flacco leading the way.  Not bad, not bad at all.

Looks like Douglas has infused enough talent to hopefully see the Jets enter the “at least competitive” stage for most games they play during the rebuild.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Not on Offense.

I think they’re actually in the Top 10 in some metric.  What past Decade could that ever be said? 

Breece Hall averaging some insane amount (has to be league-leading, not sure the exact figure) of “yards AFTER contact”.

Garret Wilson will be a Perennial All-Pro.

Max Mitchell has already had a better “Career” in 2 games vs Chuma Edoga.

Threw Mitchell in because to me it shows that Douglas has a definite plan and a road map to get there.

Top 10 with “Old Man” Flacco leading the way.  Not bad, not bad at all.

Looks like Douglas has infused enough talent to hopefully see the Jets enter the “at least competitive” stage for most games they play during the rebuild.

you're preaching to the choir.  i agree that things are looking pretty hopeful right now. the point is they have a long way to go.

• Upvote 1