GOB Is Coming To Town - Lions @ Jets

The train from Newark Penn Station to NY Penn Station is cheap and easy.

The train from Newark Penn Station to Meadowlands is also cheap and easy but you have to change in Secaucus Junction - depending on your time and seat, it might be hard to get to the door in Secaucus if none of the other passengers are getting off

Also, with Uber and other ride share services, it is super easy to get dropped off  before and picked up after the game

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

image.thumb.png.0d901ffe89a35a7d4806bb98d8b9b1bc.png

I'm coming out to NJ (with a couple of my friends who are Lions fans) for the December 18th game. My last Jets home game was ironically a late game win against the Bills at the old barn with [mention=5331]Maxman[/mention][mention=6730]BP[/mention] & [mention=5510]TaborJet[/mention]  while the new barn was still being built. That was the same trip where I got to see Max's 720p HDTV with my own eyes. 
Flights are booked.  [mention=5331]Maxman[/mention] please start tailgating preparations accordingly, I don't ask much but I expect an unlimited supply of Taylor Ham & egg breakfast sandwiches.  
Just need to buy game tickets for four and grab a hotel. Flying into EWR on Saturday morning and back home to Detroit Monday. Looking for advice as to where to get a hotel under the theory that I really don't want to have to rent a car unless I absolutely need to. My buds have never been into NYC so I'm gonna bring them there during the day and back to NJ in the evening. I know transit looks good on paper but curious if I should still have a car for the NJ portion of the trip. I'll take transit into the city regardless.
Let me know your thoughts. Can't wait to see you all. 
- GOB

Great news!! We’re also heading up for this game. 1st home game since 2019..I’m pumped. We typically stay at the renaissance meadowlands hotel it’s nice! Hopefully we’ll see you pre-game in the parking lot!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

I'm coming out to NJ (with a couple of my friends who are Lions fans) for the December 18th game. My last Jets home game was ironically a late game win against the Bills at the old barn with @Maxman@BP & @TaborJet  while the new barn was still being built. That was the same trip where I got to see Max's 720p HDTV with my own eyes. 

Flights are booked.  @Maxman please start tailgating preparations accordingly, I don't ask much but I expect an unlimited supply of Taylor Ham & egg breakfast sandwiches.  

Just need to buy game tickets for four and grab a hotel. Flying into EWR on Saturday morning and back home to Detroit Monday. Looking for advice as to where to get a hotel under the theory that I really don't want to have to rent a car unless I absolutely need to. My buds have never been into NYC so I'm gonna bring them there during the day and back to NJ in the evening. I know transit looks good on paper but curious if I should still have a car for the NJ portion of the trip. I'll take transit into the city regardless.

- GOB

BOOM!
I'm expecting you to bring home a win.

Or a loss if we're fighting for draft position.

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2022 at 11:56 AM, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

That was the same trip where I got to see Max's 720p HDTV with my own eyes. 

So 2008!   Is that the same trip where you came to my house for dinner?  You were quite smitten with my TV also if memory serves me correctly.

27 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

I was going to suggest being armed heading into NYC but I forgot you were from Detroit.  Lol.

23 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

So 2008!   Is that the same trip where you came to my house for dinner?  You were quite smitten with my TV also if memory serves me correctly.

I am allowed to carry off-duty in any state now....just not sure my Glock 26 will do the trick in NYC without spare mags. LOL

--

Yes that was the exact trip!!! A hell of a meal from the DNA's as well as football on a TV much nicer than mine at the time. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Green DNA said:

You let him in your house? Wow, what poor judgement on your part.

19 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

One of  THE GREATEST AND MOST JETS-IEST GAMES EVER!!!!!

That game epitomized the rollercoaster of being a Jets fan

EDA588C4-159E-49ED-914A-6FB40A62C215.webp.448c045d112e67ac59befd6a7039e3e4.webp

On 9/20/2022 at 12:06 PM, BP said:

I definitely have to go to this game lol the Buffalo Shaun Ellis game in 2008 was the last time you were here lol

God I still remember that game vividly. 58 minutes of being miserable, 2 minutes of "What in the F--- just happened?"

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

GOB
Mouth
of Irish origin.
Word in the Irish language.
In Irish (Gaeilge)gob, meaning beak
transfered as slang in English as mouth
"shut your gob!" ("shut your mouth!")

Have fun at the game GOB!

Thank you sir! Cannot wait to connect with a lot of friends I haven't seen in way too long. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

God I still remember that game vividly. 58 minutes of being miserable, 2 minutes of "What in the F--- just happened?"

That was also the year you smashed a desk in your office on a Thursday night game against the patriots that went to OT :rl: 

On 9/20/2022 at 11:56 AM, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

I'm coming out to NJ (with a couple of my friends who are Lions fans) for the December 18th game. My last Jets home game was ironically a late game win against the Bills at the old barn with @Maxman@BP & @TaborJet  while the new barn was still being built. That was the same trip where I got to see Max's 720p HDTV with my own eyes. 

Flights are booked.  @Maxman please start tailgating preparations accordingly, I don't ask much but I expect an unlimited supply of Taylor Ham & egg breakfast sandwiches.  

- GOB

FUKK....  Wish I could be there.  Meeting fellow knucklehead Jets fans is second to none!!!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

To Phil and the JetNation,

Despite the outcome of the game, thanks for an amazing time this weekend. First and foremost, a big THANK YOU to @Maxman & @courtnj18 for their hospitality at the tailgate Sunday. Great food, great people and a great time was had by all.  My Lions friends who left the stadium happy had an amazing experience and appreciate how well they were treated by everyone. Took a Lyft in and Train out - both worked perfectly. 

As for MetLife stadium, this was my first time inside it. Not impressed really. Just a bland, very blah concrete laden facility with zero detail and a mediocre gameday experience at best. Felt like a bomb shelter in some places. The seats couldn't possibly be any narrower and the rows couldn't possibly be any shorter. The Jets gameday team needs to seriously revamp their presentation in so many areas, from music to use of the video board. Overall - For $1,600,000,000 they could have done so much better, especially when compared to SoFi and AT&T. 

Thanks for a great weekend and F**k Zach Wilson. 

• Upvote 2