Through 2 Weeks - Jets Offense is 8th in Yards, 15th in Scoring

Warfish

56 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not saying it means anything or projecting anything into the future or anything to debate, discuss or argue over.

I'm just enjoying the momentary reality that we're currently an above-average producing Offense.

Given the last two years we finished around this level was 2015 and 2010.

Feels good man.  Feels good.

Whew, ok, nice.  On to the Bengals then.

what?  is this possible?  is this....ALLOWED???

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Hasn't every team scored points during garbage time.  Why are the Jets the only team to get discounted by you?  Cherry picking to make your point? 

I'm not discounting, simply adding context.  I'd love to see them continue producing at these levels on an absolute basis while adding some consistency.  They have been "playing from behind" for essentially the entire season.

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You are right, but one thing about week 1 - the jets outgained Baltimore from scrimmage in both halves of that game, believe it or not. 

That was a weird game in which we made brutal mistake after brutal mistake in scoring position. The Ravens made the big plays that they had to make, but it's not like they blew the Jets off the LOS and just dominated the game. From the LOS, the game was very competitive. 

Agree, it was a weird game.  Outgaining the Ravens in the first half is a low bar though.  The Jets defense dominated in the first half.

This is actually the reason I was dumbfounded that so many people here were blaming the coaching for the Week 1 loss.  I thought the players were well positioned most of the game.  They just failed to execute in a few keys moments (missed FG and XP, Breece fumble in the red zone, Cager falling during his route leading to a pick and return to their own 10 yard line, Flacco holding the ball forever while receivers were running open, etc.).

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

What percentage of those stats came in the 4th quarter of Week 1 (garbage time) and the final 2 minutes of Week 2?

It's a small sample size.  The Jets have not been consistent at all.

you need to understand what garbage time is. its when the defense plays prevent defense and want to keep the ball in front of them. they did not want to let Davis go pass them for 66 yd TD. and the last drive with the game on the line was for 53 yds.....thats not garbage time either. go find something else to bash Flacco on

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

you need to understand what garbage time is. its when the defense plays prevent defense and want to keep the ball in front of them. they did not want to let Davis go pass them for 66 yd TD. and the last drive with the game on the line was for 53 yds.....thats not garbage time either. go find something else to bash Flacco on

I guess you missed the part where I put garbage time in parentheses directly after "4th quarter of Week 1"?

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Did you feel that way after week 1?

Nope.

I’m not trying to burst your bubble but small sample sizes and extended garbage time are skewing stats.

Don't care, honestly.  Just nice not to already be 29th/31st, as we are at this point (it feels, stress feels, like) every year for years now.

That being said I have more faith in Mike LaFleur than I’ve had in any Jets OC that I can remember.

I don't want to fire him yet, so that's a good sign.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Nope.

Don't care, honestly.  Just nice not to already be 29th/31st, as we are at this point (it feels, stress feels, like) every year for years now.

I don't want to fire him yet, so that's a good sign.

I’m glad you’ve been brought joy in this moment. It’s been a rough 10 years

• Sympathy 1

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-athletic-football-show-a-show-about-the-nfl/id1528622068?i=1000579997070

35 to 42 minute mark for Jets stuff

Kind of an interesting stats/schemes breakdown of the Jets and Browns teams after two weeks from two football nerds. If you’re not inclined to listen to this, the summary is….

1. Browns defense has some serious issues. As great as Garrett is, the LBs and DBs aren’t playing well enough to profit from his dominance.

2. LaFleur’s offense is clever and leads the league in “bullsh*t gains” through novelty plays. Gives LaFleur credit for being able to overcome weaknesses on the OL, etc. 

3. both guys eternally amused at squeezing a proper offense out of Joe Flacco. 

4. Both guys pretty disgusted by the Jets defense and think Saleh is close to hot seat territory. 

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-athletic-football-show-a-show-about-the-nfl/id1528622068?i=1000579997070

Kind of an interesting stats/schemes breakdown of the Jets and Browns teams after two weeks from two football nerds. If you’re not inclined to listen to this, the summary is….

1. Browns defense has some serious issues. As great as Garrett is, the LBs and DBs aren’t playing well enough to profit from his dominance.

2. LaFleur’s offense is clever and leads the league in “bullsh*t gains” through novelty plays. Gives LaFleur credit for being able to overcome weaknesses on the OL, etc. 

4. Both guys pretty disgusted by the Jets defense and think Saleh is close to hot seat territory. 

Next week is a big week for the Saleh Ulbrick duo.  The first two weeks the Bengals oline has been positively trashed to the point that Burrow will not last the season.   We drafted two pass rushers, we signed ford, we signed lawson last year, we have 'all world quinnen' we have the prince of pressures JF myers.

If the Jets are not all over Cincy in the pass rush department the rotation brothers (ulbirck and saleh) are looking fraudalicious.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

When they mention the defense, they say if you can't perform with "all these resources that went into the defensive side"....ehh. I disagree with that.

The offense has def been favored Saleh's first two years. It was a little more balanced this offseason but IMO still a ton of areas to be improved upon. Where as the offensive side, I think we can all say, we're pretty OK there (obv aside from QB questions). 

They definitely shouldn't be a bad defense. But I think some more resources, specifically with the draft, can be put into that side of the ball. 

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Next week is a big week for the Saleh Ulbrick duo.  The first two weeks the Bengals oline has been positively trashed to the point that Burrow will not last the season.   We drafted two pass rushers, we signed ford, we signed lawson last year, we have 'all world quinnen' we have the prince of pressures JF myers.

If the Jets are not all over Cincy in the pass rush department the rotation brothers (ulbirck and saleh) are looking fraudalicious.

I tho Clemons did an awesome job last week..you know that had to be a stinger in Jacoby leg Clemons gave him for the rest of the game may have even slightly effected outcome...at very least gave him a nice bruise looked like.  The penalty was well worth it.

• Upvote 1