Jump to content

Poll: Has the Flacco delusion surpassed the Streveler Delusion?


TuscanyTile2
 Share

Has the Flacco delusion surpassed the Streveler Delusion?  

86 members have voted

  1. 1. Has the Flacco delusion surpassed the Streveler Delusion?


This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/25/2022 at 04:59 PM

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If/when Zach comes back and sucks, we're gonna lose a bunch of posters.  That's for sure.  

Unfortunately for JN they're not losing either of us regardless of what happens.  

Or Zach comes back and plays really well and we gain a bunch of posters. This place is going to be rocking if Zach lights it up. Seems like I’m on an island in thinking he actually will light it up. Or maybe others are hiding at the moment.

I sit in the lonely bench of being a Zach believer and being happy Cool Joe is playing well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If/when Zach comes back and sucks, we're gonna lose a bunch of posters.  That's for sure.  

Unfortunately for JN they're not losing either of us regardless of what happens.  

We won't lose any posters.  Being a Jet fan is reminiscent of a line from the other team in green:

You can check out any time you'd like, but you can never leave.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The common denominator is both delusions are fueled by pro-Zach Wilson paranoiacs who don’t want to deal with the fact that Zach sucks. 

It really depresses me that he does. It sets back this rebuild a few years at least. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, and that's sad too.

I can tell you I was jumping around and screaming like an idiot when the Jets came back last week.

I always want to see this team and all its players succeed.

Win lose draw support the "team" and generally laugh about our own constant misfortune. 

I'll call out bad performances and sub par effort by players and or coaches but will gladly thank Joe or Zach for good play.

This Is The Way GIF

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We won't lose any posters.  Being a Jet fan is reminiscent of a line from the other team in green:

You can check out any time you'd like, but you can never leave.

We lost Nico/QB1 when Sam Darnold failed.  

I'm not talking about Jets fans.  I'm talking about Zach Wilson fans masquerading as Jets fans.  Or the Jets fans who believed in Zach Wilson so much that it will break them if/when he fails.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

We lost Nico/QB1 when Sam Darnold failed.  

I'm not talking about Jets fans.  I'm talking about Zach Wilson fans masquerading as Jets fans.  Or the Jets fans who believed in Zach Wilson so much that it will break them if/when he fails.

So how many people are we talking about here? One? Two? We really need to prepare the servers for the upcoming changes to the site. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

There's a difference between beleiving he will fail and cheering for it.  Evidence actually impacts what people believe.  There's a great play and movie about it called "Inherit the Wind".  I only use that as example because a Monkey could run the D.  

Agreed.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, slats said:

Honestly, the idea of “Zach lovers,” here, in general, is completely absurd. That list is probably @Hal N of Provo. Here it’s mostly people who never gave him a chance in the first place and/or have completely given up on him by now vs. those who are still holding out some hope for him when he ultimately gets in the lineup this year. 
 
I believe the organization falls in the latter category. 

Bingo, the weird thing is I wanted Fields drafted over Zach , but find myself on the "pro" Zach side.

Because I think there's still hope he becomes a quality NFL QB, that labels me as a Zach lover or apologist to the board contrarians who take every opportunity to push their anti Zach agenda . If Zach didn't exist these same folks would be tearing down anyone supporting Flacco in favor of White or Strevler .  Its an obvious pattern , find something a majority of Jet fans want or believe in and support the opposite. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yet for all those annoying pro-Zach Wilson paranoiacs we can count on Mr. Shane, not one of those paranoiacs to bring ZWs name into the conversation 

Odd. 

"Real" Jets fans:  "This season is all about Zach Wilson.  Nothing else matters."

Fake fans:  "It was really cool seeing Garrett Wilson have a big Week 2."

Real fans:  "Doesn't matter cuz it wasn't Zach out there.  And stop talking about Zach in every thread."

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RSJ said:

Imagine the delusion if Zach had a game like Flacco just had.

Wilson defenders don't want to count those last 2 TDs.  Yet even then Flacco would have finished with over 200 yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs.  I.E. better than all but ONE of Zach Wilson's performances last season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"Real" Jets fans:  "This season is all about Zach Wilson.  Nothing else matters."

Fake fans:  "It was really cool seeing Garrett Wilson have a big Week 2."

Real fans:  "Doesn't matter cuz it wasn't Zach out there.  And stop talking about Zach in every thread."

No one is upset that Garrett Wilson had a big week 2 , just shows how far you'll twist things to promote your agenda. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Bingo, the weird thing is I wanted Fields drafted over Zach , but find myself on the "pro" Zach side.

Because I think there's still hope he becomes a quality NFL QB, that labels me as a Zach lover or apologist to the board contrarians who take every opportunity to push their anti Zach agenda . If Zach didn't exist these same folks would be tearing down anyone supporting Flacco in favor of White or Strevler .  Its an obvious pattern , find something a majority of Jet fans want or believe in and support the opposite. 

I don't think that is it. I think they didnt want to draft ZW and they get more thrill out of trolling on a Jets message board then they would if ZW would amount to something resembling a franchise QB. Mind you, there are only really a few who are in this camp. There is a huge difference in being vocal that you don't think ZW is any good, and thinking he is a bust already, and those spamming every thread with anti ZW hate and trying to bash any poster who doesnt agree over the head with a hammer. This really only applies to a few, but they are incredibly active posters and they make it feel like they are about 30 people doing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We lost Nico/QB1 when Sam Darnold failed.  

I'm not talking about Jets fans.  I'm talking about Zach Wilson fans masquerading as Jets fans.  Or the Jets fans who believed in Zach Wilson so much that it will break them if/when he fails.

They all come back.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wilson defenders don't want to count those last 2 TDs.  Yet even then Flacco would have finished with over 200 yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs.  I.E. better than all but ONE of Zach Wilson's performances last season.

who are all of these Wilson defenders? Is that anyone who hasnt completely written him off yet and would like to see if in year 2 he can show signs of growth? asking for a friend becuase I don't see these hoards of Wilson defenders

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wilson defenders don't want to count those last 2 TDs.  Yet even then Flacco would have finished with over 200 yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs.  I.E. better than all but ONE of Zach Wilson's performances last season.

And yet no one talks about the bad fumble Flacco had last week. If Wilson had done that, can you imagine the outrage. Hell many are still holding on to the INT he threw in a freaking PS game.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

who are all of these Wilson defenders? Is that anyone who hasnt completely written him off yet and would like to see if in year 2 he can show signs of growth? asking for a friend becuase I don't see these hoards of Wilson defenders

Oh your labeled as one of them , you questioned the Anti Zach's . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, slats said:

Or the Mike White delusion? 
 
It has for this week. I’m hoping it lasts another and this place gets whipped up into its predictable frenzy when Zach is named the starter for Pittsburgh late next week. 

And then, we see the same ZW.  50 % completion and a few turnovers to boot.  But boy, oh boy... Did you see that one play where he ran to the left and completed a long one ??? All we have to do is wait 1,000 more years until we see those flashes develop into consistently brilliant play. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I see this lie is still permeating.

Why the confusion @nj meadowlands?  No Jets fan wants Zach Wilson to fail.  There's a large difference between what we want and what we know will happen.  

Numerous times posters who claim this have been asked to name names.  Not once have they been able to do so.  Because they don't exist.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

You make it sound so noble.

Sadly though, you haven't gotten better.  You got less than kibble.  For over a decade now.

And you're never going to get to better, without getting the kibble first.

look i don't think we are going to agree, but its take the kibble and lose your place in line for the steak. i am 42, ive been through a lot of the lows, but saying we suck ill take a few wins just for the same of getting a few wins is such SOJ thinking. If we can't build a team that can compete for a superbowl, they should fire everyone...and i dont think we can do that without Wilson or knowing what he is.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, k-met57 said:

look i don't think we are going to agree, but its take the kibble and lose your place in line for the steak.

You're right, we don't agree. :) But we're doing so civilly, and that's cool.

IMO It's Kibble THEN Steak, not Kibble OR Steak.

IMO There are no instant fixes, no shortcuts, no instant solutions.  There is no jumping directly from 4-13 to 12-5 and a Title.  Not even with a good drafted QB.

Every team must work hard and build to get to decent before they get to elite/consistently good.

Some fans have reached a nadir of "all or nothing, bet it all on the QB, and lose out otherwise", and it's just not a route to success.  It's also not very fun.  Winning is fun.  And fun matters too.  Life is too short.

Wins matter, every win matters.  There is no "meaningless wins".  

IMO this is the difference between financial planning, and waiting to win the lottery.

Continually successful teams financially plan.  Loser teams, like us, just wait to the lottery, with about equivalent odds.

Hell, half our last few drafted QB's had no chance, even if they weren't busts themselves, given how little support they had around them.

I don't know, if I had all the solutions, I'd be an NFL GM with a ring.

I'm just suck of sucking, sick of being the joke team in the NFL, sick of Sundays not being fun.  No amount of "just keep waiting, the golden future is almost here" will convince me at this point.  Show me, don't tell me.

 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why the confusion @nj meadowlands?  No Jets fan wants Zach Wilson to fail.  There's a large difference between what we want and what we know will happen.  

Numerous times posters who claim this have been asked to name names.  Not once have they been able to do so.  Because they don't exist.  

nonsense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...