Poll: Has the Flacco delusion surpassed the Streveler Delusion?

TuscanyTile2

Has the Flacco delusion surpassed the Streveler Delusion?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Has the Flacco delusion surpassed the Streveler Delusion?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/25/2022 at 04:59 PM

44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There's a large difference between what we want and what we know will happen.  

By the way, you're kind of showing yourself here.  Wilson's failure would validate your own supposed omnipotent all-knowingness.

At the very least it's a pretty annoying hedge (and shtick) to see in every single thread.

3 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

By the way, you're kind of showing yourself here.  Wilson's failure would validate your own supposed omnipotent all-knowingness.

At the very least it's a pretty annoying hedge (and shtick) to see in every single thread.

Makes it easier to prepare for the inevitable.  

Meanwhile it’s equally annoying when the Jets finally win a game only to get greeted with “lolFlacco, doesn’t matter or count, get Zach in there asap.”

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

It's not the Antti-Zach militias fault that Zach isn't playing.  

No but it’s their fault that a Flacco - Streveler thread has been turned into yet another rag on Zach thread by those who claim they’re not anti Zach and do want to see him succeed. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"Real" Jets fans:  "A huge part of this season is about Zach Wilson developing."

Real fans:  "It was really cool seeing Garrett Wilson have a big Week 2."

Real fans:  "And stop hijacking every thread ragging on Zach, he wasn’t playing"

36 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

It rhymes with Calm Brain

T0m?  Lol, that's like citing SAR and saying the whole forum loved Gase. 

Or citing Joe W. Namath and saying everyone on the forum wants to blow JD, lol.

These guys have a schtick.  Always have.  Respectfully, guys like T0m or SAR are entities unto themselves, they're not representative of anything but themselves and half of what they post they do for the response (of that I am convinced).

So that's one guy.  On a forum with hundreds and hundreds of posters.  Who else you got?

Do you think 80 and jgb and me as well?  Like Frank seems to?  

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

T0m?  Lol, that's like citing SAR and saying the whole forum loved Gase. 

Or citing Joe W. Namath and saying everyone on the forum wants to blow JD, lol.

These guys have a schtick.  Always have.  Respectfully, guys like T0m or SAR are entities unto themselves, they're not representative of anything but themselves and half of what they post they do for the response (of that I am convinced).

So that's one guy.  On a forum with hundreds and hundreds of posters.  Who else you got?

Do you think 80 and jgb and me as well?  Like Frank seems to?  

I think 80 has become a caricature of the shtick and might have actually crossed the line into T0m-land.  Like when Randy Marsh broke his brain during the Sarcastaball episode.

No idea what your view is really.  And I don't lump jgb in with T0m here.

P.S. I find it ironic that some of the people angry at Fans who think Zach will not turn out to be a Franchise QB (and thus might want to replace him sooner) are the same people who are all-or-nothing fans who actively root for losses in seasons they think we're not winning a Super Bowl.

I guess their version of negative rooting is somehow different than other folks version, despite the aim and logic and motivation in both cases being exactly the same.

Funny that.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

P.S. I find it ironic that some of the people angry at Fans who think Zach will not turn out to be a Franchise QB (and thus might want to replace him sooner) are the same people who are all-or-nothing fans who actively root for losses in seasons they think we're not winning a Super Bowl.

I guess their version of negative rooting is somehow different than other folks version, despite the aim and logic and motivation in both cases being exactly the same.

Funny that.

Not sure if this is aimed at me (I doubt it is) but just for the sake of excruciating recordkeeping:

1) I'm not "angry" at the rabid anti-Zach crowd - I just think the shtick is rather annoying and seems to poison every. single. thread. 

2) I've never been for tanking. Can't do it as a season ticket holder. It's too goddamn depressing. Also, the draft is a monumental crapshoot anyway.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Funny that.

I don't see anyone here rooting for losses unless they come with #2 behind center . I see people saying sticking with Flacco and winning a few extra games does nothing to bolster the teams future success.  

Not sure if this is aimed at me (I doubt it is) but just for the sake of excruciating recordkeeping:

Nope, it wasn't. 

In fairness, I probably can't name a specific individual myself off the top of my head, so I am no better than those I'm asking to name names.

1) I'm not "angry" at the rabid anti-Zach crowd - I just think the shtick is rather annoying and seems to poison every. single. thread.

It's going to be hard to have a thread specifically designed to sh*t on our backup QB's, and not have our (so far underperforming, unavailable) #1 QB not take that discussion over.  

2) I've never been for tanking. Can't do it as a season ticket holder. It's too goddamn depressing. Also, the draft is a monumental crapshoot anyway.

I'm with you, but over the years many folks have expressed that "lose for the Picks if we're not winning a title" ideology.

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Ok @jgb and @Jetsfan80, any retort to Frank here?

lol I've retorted to this silly idea numerous times.  Suffice it to say I'd far rather have a real franchise QB and be dunked on repeatedly for being wrong than to be right about Zach Wilson.  

13 years of no playoffs and over 2 decades of almost exclusively horrific QB play and people out there truly believe I'm "rooting against" finding one.  Laughable.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wilson defenders don't want to count those last 2 TDs.  Yet even then Flacco would have finished with over 200 yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs.  I.E. better than all but ONE of Zach Wilson's performances last season.

Come At Me Bring It GIF by Game of Thrones

pretty sure you're doing the above on purpose and I approve.

I still have a morsel of hope the Mormon Missle can figure this thing out. Literally tell him to go out there and run the offense just like Flacco minus being geriatric.

Although I'm firmly on the fence, I think we will both be laughing if im getting to spoon feed you crow in 15 weeks.

• Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

lol I've retorted to this silly idea numerous times.  Suffice it to say I'd far rather have a real franchise QB and be dunked on repeatedly for being wrong than to be right about Zach Wilson.  

13 years of no playoffs and over 2 decades of almost exclusively horrific QB play and people out there truly believe I'm "rooting against" finding one.  Laughable.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I mean I did create the hugely popular "Raiders are 0-2" thread.  Not a single Zach Wilson mention in that one by me or anyone else.

There are threads that don't turn into Wilson discussions, at least not exclusively.  They're not THAT hard to find.

• Upvote 1

I voted no, since there is no delusion.

Why can't people be excited about how well Flacco has played as a back-up?  If this was Mike White, we would be pounding the table for his Canton call.

Flacco is 1-1 and in the top QB statistics right now.  GREAT!  Exactly what we wanted from a back-up QB.

And when Zach is ready, he will be playing.  There REALLY REALLY REALLY isn't anything to see here.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lol posted right as I posted the above but as I said... i figured you'd happily eat crow.

You just really don't think Zach is the guy and there isn't any real reason other than hopium to think you are wrong.

I think the scales are definitely not in his favor at the moment and lean towards "he's going to bust" but will reserve judgment until i see him with the current slew of skill players.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean I did create the hugely popular "Raiders are 0-2" thread.  Not a single Zach Wilson mention in that one by me or anyone else.

There are threads that don't turn into Wilson discussions, at least not exclusively.  They're not THAT hard to find.

Very popular indeed ... big fan of that one

Any sign of @Raideraholic yet?

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I REALLY like being smart and right about stuff.  Truly.  I am horribly arrogant.

But I love the NY Jets.  

Love > really like, every time.

Plus, as has been said a few hundred times, evaluation and projection =/= rooting.  

For example, the general consensus of this Forum this year is that we were a 4-6 win team.

Does that mean the forum is ROOTING for 11-13 losses by evaluating this team, and projecting that # of losses?

Of course not, that's laughable.

Same goes for players, especially QB.

I may evaluate Zach as lack in vital areas.  I may project him to not become a franchise QB (based on what I know as of today).  But on gameday, there is no chance in hell I would root against him.  Or root against Flacco.  Or even White or Strev is they played.  They all get my support and rooting.

There is exactly ONE Jets Player I rooted again, and would root against again.  Mike Vick.  That's it, that's the list.  I've rooted hard for several Jets I didn't "like" per se, because they're Jets.

Again, some fans have to feel like they have someone else to blame other than the team itself.  So when a Zach Wilson underperforms, get repeatedly hurt, and isn't trending the way we want....they're not angry or doubting of Zach.  They're angry at the Fans who doubt Zach.  Right up till Zach is gone, when the whole story changes.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1