Any updates on Duane Brown?

CTJetsFan

I know he is on 4 week IR, but if I recall, it was somewhat in question as to whether or not he might need a procedure on his shoulder and the team wanted to try IR first. Haven't seen anything since. With our medical staff, you never know. Next thing we might hear is there was an amputation lol.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I know everyone wants Max Mitchell to keep playing but I think the business side comes in about this. They are paying Brown a guaranteed  10 million.  He is going to play.

Not sure about that. Both players get paid whether they sit or are on the field. Incentives might be affected, but that's not going to be the deciding factor, either.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I know everyone wants Max Mitchell to keep playing but I think the business side comes in about this. They are paying Brown a guaranteed  10 million.  He is going to play.

Until Conklin stops fumbling we need to see the big man get on the ground to recover a couple fumbles first. 

5 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

Not sure about that. Both players get paid whether they sit or are on the field. Incentives might be affected, but that's not going to be the deciding factor, either.

Mitchell is making a fraction of what they are paying Brown. Brown is not going to sit on the bench and get paid about 600K a game. 

21 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Mitchell is making a fraction of what they are paying Brown. Brown is not going to sit on the bench and get paid about 600K a game. 

You didnt even know who Max Mitchell was a month ago and still havent apologized for your rude, vulgar, bullying behavior.  @Bungaman is right, if the coaching staff feels that this OL is best for the team, they're not going to give a flying **** what they're paying Brown to be a back up.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

They're going to play the best 2 tackles. Part of that is who's available. Offensive line play requires cohesiveness.  You can't replace pieces on a whim and expect the line to play well.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

They're going to play the best 2 tackles. Part of that is who's available. Offensive line play requires cohesiveness.  You can't replace pieces on a whim and expect the line to play well.

Ok, first off, Mitchell is not playing flawless RT. He has had struggles that are expected of any rookie. I would say Fant fairs no worse than him over there, more than likely better. On top of it, Fant has flat out sucked playing LT in two games now. Garrett actually came unblocked on one play rushing by Fant. If the OL was playing at a high level now, I would at least say there is an argument to be made but there really isn't.  The OL at this point is not a cohesive unit and it likely  won't  be one by week 4. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, first off, Mitchell is not playing flawless RT. He has had struggles that are expected of any rookie. I would say Fant fairs no worse than him over there, more than likely better. On top of it, Fant has flat out sucked playing LT in two games now. Garrett actually came unblocked on one play rushing by Fant. If the OL was playing at a high level now, I would at least say there is an argument to be made but there really isn't.  The OL at this point is not a cohesive unit and it likely  won't  be one by week 4. 

I didn't say Mitchell was playing flawlessly. But he's playing fine. And with a few more weeks of playing together with the ones, perhaps he'll be playing more than fine. You're off base if you think Brown is being handed the job due to his contract.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I didn't say Mitchell was playing flawlessly. But he's playing fine. And with a few more weeks of playing together with the ones, perhaps he'll be playing more than fine. You're off base if you think Brown is being handed the job due to his contract.

He totally will be and it's  not going to matter how well Mitchell plays or not. The OL is not playing well. They were horrible week 1 and not much better in week 2. There is no reason not to play Brown. 

23 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The emergence of Mad Max regulates duane brown to the bench upon his return anyways.  Dwayne brown is only needed in case of an injury at this point.

Highly doubt it.  And also, how’d you manage to spell his name correctly the first time, then wrong the second?