Garrett Wilson: Pepsi Zero Sugar Rookie of the Week

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

The question posed was “what’s the difference between catching balls from one to the other?”

The entire response is a comparison.

He was careful how he phrased it tho 

he only said that Flacco throws a “receiver friendly” ball. He didn’t say anything negative about Wilson. 

Saying that GW said that Flacco throws “a more catchable ball” is technically fake news. You certainly can’t put quotes around something the guy never said. Come on, now. 

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He was careful how he phrased it tho 

he only said that Flacco throws a “receiver friendly” ball. He didn’t say anything negative about Wilson. 

Saying that GW said that Flacco throws “a more catchable ball” is technically fake news. You certainly can’t put quotes around something the guy never said. Come on, now. 

“What’s the difference between eating hot dogs and filet mignon?”

”Filet mignon is a quality food.”

”NOT A COMPARISON!!! HE NEVER UTTERED THE WORDS ‘HOT DOG’ IN HIS RESPONSE! HE WAS MERELY PUMPING UP FILET!”

This is seriously your position? Ok, I guess.

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

• Haha 1

Just now, jgb said:

”NOT A COMPARISON!!! YOU NEVER UTTERED THE WORDS ‘HOT DOG’ IN HIS RESPONSE! HE WAS MERELY PUMPING UP FILET!”

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

I mean you still can’t use quotation marks around words that were never said - that’s pretty disingenuous. And it matters because these things are nuanced and he really didn’t say anything specific about Zach Wilson 

Just now, slimjasi said:

I mean you still can’t use quotation marks around words that were never said - that’s pretty disingenuous. And it matters because these things are nuanced and he really didn’t say anything specific about Zach Wilson 

“When you paraphrase something, you quote it.”

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You should also know when you link a grammar guide in an Internet debate you both concede it and a goodly portion of your manliness.

I thought Garrett Wilson would be good. I didnt think he would be this good and this early.

I watched the game a couple times. He gets open off the line of scrimmage. When he was on the field, looked like he was Joe’s first read most of the time.

He is WR #1 and looks like a true WR1. Moore, on the other hand, looks good but looks a notch or two below Wilson in terms of creating separation. 

7 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I thought Garrett Wilson would be good. I didnt think he would be this good and this early.

I watched the game a couple times. He gets open off the line of scrimmage. When he played, looked like he was Joe’s first read most of the time.

He is WR #1 and looks like a true WR1. Moore on the other looks good but looks a notch or two below Wilson in terms of creating separation. 

Agreed.  GW is the best offensive threat we've had in a long time (probably Brandon Marshall's 1st year here).  And GW is young and still on the way up.  Even if we stink this year, it's nice to see that we have a FINALLY legit offensive weapon on this team.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed.  GW is the best offensive threat we've had in a long time (probably Brandon Marshall's 1st year here).  And GW is young and still on the way up.  Even if we stink this year, it's nice to see that we have a FINALLY legit offensive weapon on this team.  

Yup. He is a guy you feature. Very excited to have him on our team.

His next big test is going to come when teams start to double him or put their top corner on him. If Im Cincy, I’m bracketing him. They dont have a corner who can stay with him. The GB game should be another big test. Jaire Alexander is built to stick with guys like G Wilson. So should be a good reference point to see how good this kid can be.

”NOT A COMPARISON!!! HE NEVER UTTERED THE WORDS ‘HOT DOG’ IN HIS RESPONSE! HE WAS MERELY PUMPING UP FILET!”
200.gif

The biggest difference between a hotdog and a Filet Mignon is that one is surrounded a bun.