La’el Collins may miss Jet game

kevinc855

14 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Don't worry. His backup will look like Jonathan Ogden on Sunday.

His backup is Hakeem Adenji a second year player who is a former 6th round pick from Kansas. 

Looking quickly at the cincy message board Adenji struggled when he played LT in the preseason but played better in the 2nd and 3rd games. 

The biggest takeaway here for me is that Collins being out will significantly impact their ability to run the ball because he and Alex Capps the RG are both good run blockers. If Cincy can’t run that means 3rd and long which should favor our defense from both a schematic point of view and personnel.  I hope we are Huff dressed and a lot of JJ at DE and JFM at DT in passing downs. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I know that Lawson made a play or two last week, but we need to see more. He should be consistently beating his blocks, and wreaking havoc in the backfield. Hopefully this Sunday  is his signature game with the Jets. 

He’s still recovering.  He may be playing but it takes more than 1 year to return from an Achilles, don’t know when we’ll see his speed return