8 Ball

This might be the most obvious troll thread start in history. I literally LOL’d when I read it. So your take is that the team had a really talented receiver that isn’t as talented as a rookie receiver, and our back up QB favors the more talented rookie? Then add what might happen when the young talented starting QB comes back from injury, as pure speculation. It’s just a really weird take, and looking to stir the pot.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Granted, this was a goofy thread, but you guys prancing around acting like Elijah Moore is already an elite WR are just as goofy.

The kid flashed a bit last year in his rookie season. Just like Darnold and Becton did in theirs. Let’s maybe wait and see how this plays out before we anoint another one of these kids?

Same goes for Garrett Wilson btw.

• Sympathy 1

56 minutes ago, BloodGreen said:

This might be the most obvious troll thread start in history. I literally LOL’d when I read it. So your take is that the team had a really talented receiver that isn’t as talented as a rookie receiver, and our back up QB favors the more talented rookie? Then add what might happen when the young talented starting QB comes back from injury, as pure speculation. It’s just a really weird take, and looking to stir the pot.

Isn’t that message board thread starting 101, though?

I just read your synopsis and was like, “ooh… sounds interesting!”

• Upvote 1

Moore is getting the "priority" coverage from opposing defenses, so I'm not at all surprised at his usage being lower than we might have hoped. Now that teams see they have to factor in Wilson as well, you'll possibly see more coverage rolling his way and opening things up for #8 again. You can't double cover everyone.

As for "no emotion" ... sheesh, what a reach. Staying calm and focussed because we STILL HAVE TO GO OUT AND WIN THE DAMN GAME is now a bad thing? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I give this thread an F- ... and that's being kind. ;-) 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, BloodGreen said:

So you’re just really worried about Elijah’s feelings? Because if you like him as a receiver, I don’t think it is a problem to have TWO really good wide receivers on a football team.

We haven’t had that in decades, particularly not of the homegrown variety, so people here don’t know what to do with that information.  lol.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Thought Elijah Moore would be the WR1 this season.

So did beat writers like Zach Blatt.

Not looking good so far for a 2nd year breakout. 

GW looks like he will be a target hog and Kapono loves telegraphing passes to CD.

Kapono also has zero chem with Moore going back to last season.

Also, interesting on the on-side kick, if you watch Moore (left side of picture), he shows no emotion.  

Just calmly buckles his chin strap and takes the field.

moments-before-this-post-was-made.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 9/22/2022 at 8:19 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Thought Elijah Moore would be the WR1 this season.

So did beat writers like Zach Blatt.

Not looking good so far for a 2nd year breakout. 

GW looks like he will be a target hog and Kapono loves telegraphing passes to CD.

Kapono also has zero chem with Moore going back to last season.

Also, interesting on the on-side kick, if you watch Moore (left side of picture), he shows no emotion.  

Just calmly buckles his chin strap and takes the field.

image.png

• Upvote 1

On 9/23/2022 at 5:13 AM, Green Ghost said:

Granted, this was a goofy thread, but you guys prancing around acting like Elijah Moore is already an elite WR are just as goofy.

The kid flashed a bit last year in his rookie season. Just like Darnold and Becton did in theirs. Let’s maybe wait and see how this plays out before we anoint another one of these kids?

Same goes for Garrett Wilson btw.

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

• Haha 2

I never thought of him as a true #1 WR; he is more of a slot guy. And why can't a team have 2 great WRs? Maybe they were focusing on Moore giving Wilson opportunities; maybe the match ups have been leaning towards Wilson over Moore. Either way, he did have some catches, just not a ton. Finally, Flacco has done a good job spreading the ball to multiple receivers.

• Upvote 3

On 9/22/2022 at 11:26 PM, BloodGreen said:

Link please.

On 9/23/2022 at 9:51 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

We haven’t had that in decades, particularly not of the homegrown variety, so people here don’t know what to do with that information.  lol.  

The obvious answer is Moore must be traded for a 4th round pick so we don’t get too spoiled.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Finally, Flacco has done a good job spreading the ball to multiple receivers.

This is the best QB trait. Someone is open (or can be thrown open) on almost any play. Quick processors tend to find that someone. Slow ones don’t.

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...