Corey Davis Injured?

LockeJET

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Amazing how drops seem to decrease in frequency and also matter less with competent QB play.  

So weird how that works huh 

Oh not this again. 

we went through these last year. I believe one of his 8(?) drops was on Zach Wilson. 

we can go drop for drop, if you’d like. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Tbf, I do remember there being a few bad drops in Week 1.

E Moore had the really bad drop week 1 on what was like a 50 yard play early in the game

Corey Davis dropped two absolute dimes - including one in the Denver game that was going to be a 40-50 yard play and another big first down in the Philly game

also, two of Wilson's picks were off of CD's hands. 

He didn't have a great year last year. 

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

He’s actually becoming one of my favorites for the same reason.

people talk about him like he’s a bum. He’s not a #1, but he’s a useful WR with great size and speed. 

I understand he's had some drops but he's been extremely productive when on the field and is a class guy.....he's had 80 yards in both games and people acting like Mims is an upgrade. lol

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

E Moore had the really bad drop week 1 on what was like a 50 yard play early in the game

Corey Davis dropped two absolute dimes - including one in the Denver game that was going to be a 40-50 yard play and another big first down in the Philly game

also, two of Wilson's picks were off of CD's hands. 

He didn't have a great year last year.

No, he didn't, and I was secretly hoping he'd be traded all offseason.

Now, though, after that long TD and with my confidence in Denzel Mims at an all-time low, I wouldn't trade him unless the return was really good.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Amazing how drops seem to decrease in frequency and also matter less with competent QB play.  

So weird how that works huh 

Bull tweet, the ball hits you in the hands catch the fing ball.  I don't care who is the QB Joe Montana or Brooks bollinger.  Hits you in the hands, catch the damn thing.

These narratives to blame guys posters don't like for every thing is beyond absurd.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Bull tweet, the ball hits you in the hands catch the fing ball.  I don't care who is the QB Joe Montana or Brooks bollinger.  Hits you in the hands, catch the damn thing.

These narratives to blame guys posters don't like for every thing is beyond absurd.

I get it.  Point is that every QB deals with drops, they only seem to be crippling to our terrible young QB's.  And sometimes, sure-handed receivers end up getting a case of the "dropsies" with bad QB's.  Like Jerricho Cotchery did with Mark Sanchez.

No one is saying drops are OK.  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, slimjasi said:

He’s actually becoming one of my favorites for the same reason.

people talk about him like he’s a bum. He’s not a #1, but he’s a useful WR with great size and speed. 

This is how quickly a fan base can get entitled. No weaponz for years and now we are like fugg dis bum lol 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I get it.  Point is that every QB deals with drops, they only seem to be crippling to our terrible young QB's.  And sometimes, sure-handed receivers end up getting a case of the "dropsies" with bad QB's.  Like Jerricho Cotchery did with Mark Sanchez.

No one is saying drops are OK.  

Anyone who wants to consider drops has two choices — erase all drops for every QB then compare them or, adjust the team drops to the NFL mean. Even the teams with the most drops tend to be 5-7 drops over the mean over a season.

• Upvote 1