Brian Costello Zach Wilson is Jets’ future, but Robert Saleh must keep riding with Joe Flacco

doitny

31 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is a fair question...

And makes the whole 110% things kinda silly.  

The 110% thing isn't "the kid can't play hurt" it's "we don't want to put him on the field unless we're certain that the existing injury has healed to the point that it's not at risk of exacerbation"

A new scrape doesn't impact that at all

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meanwhile Justin Herbert's organs are nearly falling out of his chest but he'll still throw for 350 yards this week.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Winston played w/a broken back Sunday.

You can still scramble with a broken back or intestines pouring out of your anus. Both scenarios would move better in the pocket than Flacco. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, doitny said:

it wouldnt have mattered. Zach would still be the #1 cause of his draft status

yeah but at least we would have a better idea if he was getting better or not. 

From all reports all summer all the reporters were for the most part saying he was having good camp.  They even kept stats and reported whether he was throwing INT or not and they said he wasn't (Flacco and White were reportedly throwing more INT).  Then he only really made 2 mistakes all summer.

In green and white game which he did look good and had good stats but threw the 1 INT which was dumb mistake then in 1st preseason he made the same exact mistake on almost the same exact play and threw the same INT which was really bad ..granted.  so he made those 2 glaring errors all summer.  (i dont count running out of bounds as a mistake  - i think that is just silly cause he could have hurt himself just the same running OOB)

QBs throw dumb INTs that is given and they all do it,  I have seen Brady do them just as bad just google it and Brady did them well after year 1 and 2 and still does them...Burrow has 4 already this season and a bad knee.

so we never really got to see much of him.  most everything we know now is based on hack reporters who all have their own agendas) so who knows if he didnt get hurt maybe he would have continue to implode through the next games and season or maybe he would have shaken that off, learned from,  and at least became average.   Now we have to do it in real season games to see for ourselves.

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Good way to gain that experience would be to keep him out of games?  
Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

you like quotes? so do i. this ones my fav

Has Wilson earned the right to have the starting job handed back to him? 

Saleh surely does not want to deal in hypotheticals, but we do. Let’s play this out a little bit. Flacco goes out Sunday and has another 300-yard, four-touchdown performance and the Jets beat the Bengals to improve to 2-1. You’re telling me Monday morning, Saleh is taking the keys out of Flacco’s hands? 

As a few of us hollered last year, we should have had a vet to start last year and have Wilson sit and learn and then move in at some point in time.

But the coaches and the team fell all over themselves to say he was the starter.  Now they have painted themselves into a corner.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

yeah but at least we would have a better idea if he was getting better or not. 

From all reports all summer all the reporters were for the most part saying he was having good camp.  They even kept stats and reported whether he was throwing INT or not and they said he wasn't (Flacco and White were reportedly throwing more INT).  Then he only really made 2 mistakes all summer.

In green and white game which he did look good and had good stats but threw the 1 INT which was dumb mistake then in 1st preseason he made the same exact mistake on almost the same exact play and threw the same INT which was really bad ..granted.  so he made those 2 glaring errors all summer.  (i dont count running out of bounds as a mistake  - i think that is just silly cause he could have hurt himself just the same running OOB)

QBs throw dumb INTs that is given and they all do it,  I have seen Brady do them just as bad just google it and Brady did them well after year 1 and 2 and still does them...Burrow has 4 already this season and a bad knee.

so we never really got to see much of him.  most everything we know now is based on hack reporters who all have their own agendas) so who knows if he didnt get hurt maybe he would have continue to implode through the next games and season or maybe he would have shaken that off, learned from,  and at least became average.   Now we have to do it in real season games to see for ourselves.

i pretty much agree with you. i do want to see Zach play. i just do know why it has to be right now when Flacco is playing so well. from what Zach supporters are telling me is that Flacco sucks. well then this wont last long so whats the difference in zach getting 14 or 12 games? 

those 2 games wont matter to Zach. we will know long before 12 games are up whether he is the future.

when we do go to Zach there is no going back. we are going to ride him the rest of the year no matter what. and we should. at that point it makes no sense to do anything else.

if we sit a Hot Flacco, me.... you and the rest of this board will argue till the day we die about what could have been. Flacco could have sucked the next week or 2 or got us 2 games under 500 where Zack takes over anyway.... win 8-9 games and miss the playoffs.... a long playoff run with maybe a SB. none of us know. but we could end that by letting it play out with Flacco.

what i find really funny is alot of the people who want Zach to play right now even if Flacco beats the Bengals are the same people who will blow up this board if we win 4 games this year to fire everyone. and one of their favorite arguments will be.............the record. and now that they want to go with a hot QB to win games they dont want that. of course not, these guys getting wins will hurt their whole "fire everyone" posts.

i say let it ride. if Flacco is as bad as half this board thinks he is this will be over and Zach will be starting very soon.

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Two things here:

1) Zach does throw his WR's open.  While does not throw balls that hurt his WR's.  Just not a thing....

2) The Flacco throw that he got GW hurt was a high ball - that floated and caused GW to have to go up to get it in traffic - and almost broke his back.  

When GW said Flacco throws a more receiver friendly ball - it was meant simply because it doesn't have as much heat on it. I got news for you - WR's have to catch balls that come with heat.  That's part of the job.  I suspect I would throw a more receiver friendly ball than Flacco.  Doesn't mean it's better.

i dont think its the heat. i think its the throws.

yeah Flacco had that pass but was it tight coverage.? honest question cause i dont remember. but it might have been the only place he could throw it.

but you forget how many throws Zach threw behind his WRs. or at the back of their necks and made them twist around like pretzels. 

i really hope thats not what he meant cause if Zach is still doing that crap we have problems.

43 minutes ago, doitny said:

i dont think its the heat. i think its the throws.

yeah Flacco had that pass but was it tight coverage.? honest question cause i dont remember. but it might have been the only place he could throw it.

but you forget how many throws Zach threw behind his WRs. or at the back of their necks and made them twist around like pretzels. 

i really hope thats not what he meant cause if Zach is still doing that crap we have problems.

That's not it.  

We've seen Zach in practice, the media was at just about every practice.  That's wasn't an issue.  I'm really not concerned about the accuracy thing - he fixed that post injury.  

Here's the statement:

“There’s definitely a difference,” he said. “It’s a lot of experience right there with Flacco. I feel like everything with him, he takes some pace off, puts some pace on the ball. He does a good job of making the passes receiver-friendly. That’s the best way I can put it into words. They’re pretty easy to catch. Takes some off the ball when you’re running a slant route versus an out route, put some zip on it because it’s gotta be. Things like that.”

full story: 

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2022/08/15/jets-garrett-wilson-zach-wilson-joe-flacco-difference-throws/

On 9/22/2022 at 7:11 PM, doitny said:

it slowed down too much. he forget how to throw deep. i hope he is watching Flacco throw 30 yd darts all over cause thats what a good QB can do. pick up chunks of yards real quick

Did you see who Zach was throwing to when he came back?  Berrios, Smith and who??  No TE to speak of...  Lets be fair.  I can't wait to see what Zach can do with all his new weaponz.  

• Upvote 1

On 9/22/2022 at 6:42 PM, doitny said:

i know, another FLacco, Wilson thread. but if you dont want to read this just go to the bolded on the bottom for a new Quote from Saleh and tell me if thats sounds like Zack will definitely start when he is ready. 

Robert Saleh understandably wanted no part of the question on Wednesday. 

The Jets coach has just gotten past the whole “taking receipts” quote from last week and was not looking to create any more headlines … so when asked if there is any scenario where Joe Flacco can keep the starting quarterback job once Zach Wilson is healthy, Saleh gave an answer that sounded like he practiced it in front of a mirror before his press conference. 

“Zach’s the future of the organization. We all know that,” Saleh said. “As soon as the doctors clear him, we’ll get him on the field.” 

Really? Has Wilson earned the right to have the starting job handed back to him? 

Saleh surely does not want to deal in hypotheticals, but we do. Let’s play this out a little bit. Flacco goes out Sunday and has another 300-yard, four-touchdown performance and the Jets beat the Bengals to improve to 2-1. You’re telling me Monday morning, Saleh is taking the keys out of Flacco’s hands? 

Joe Flacco passes the ball against the Browns during the first half at FirstEnergy Stadium in Cleveland last Sunday.

Joe Flacco threw for four touchdowns and over 300 yards against the Browns.

I wouldn’t. Saleh should ride the hot hand and that is Flacco. 

Now, the scenario I laid out is unlikely. The Jets are an underdog against a desperate 0-2 Bengals team on Sunday. But what if? What if Flacco does it again? What if the Jets pull off another shocker? 

Saleh should then come out Monday and say Wilson’s surgically repaired knee needs another week of rest and Flacco will start Week 4 against the Steelers. Keep going until Flacco’s 37-year-old wheels fall off. 

No one is saying Flacco looked like Aaron Rodgers last week. But there was some magic at the end of the game. Sure, the Browns handed the Jets a chance they should have never had, but Flacco made the most of that opportunity. He hit a wide-open Corey Davis on a 66-yard touchdown pass and then executed a masterful final touchdown drive after the onside kick. 

Everyone calls Flacco “Joe Cool” and it was on display on that final drive. He looked like he was in total control and was a calming presence for a young team.

“I think Joe’s a really good quarterback. He’s seen everything,” Saleh said. “[By] the fourth quarter, the game plan has already been revealed. They know how they’re playing everything. When we got that onside kick, he knew exactly where he needed to go with the ball because he already knew what was going to happen. The great ones can see that so in those fourth quarters when you have a good quarterback who’s armed with all the knowledge he needs, that’s hard.”

Could Wilson have led the Jets back? Maybe. But he does not have the knowledge that Saleh spoke about. Flacco has been there and done that. Wilson has one fourth-quarter comeback on his résumé. Sunday was Flacco’s 19th. Sunday was the 37th time Flacco has thrown for 300 yards in an NFL game. Wilson has yet to hit that mark. 

The postgame reaction from Flacco’s teammates show how much they love the man many watched star for the Ravens when they were children. In the video the Jets tweeted out Flacco was in the middle of the room, surrounded by jumping Jets and you could see how popular he is in the locker room. 

But it was not just the magic of Sunday’s comeback. Flacco has played well when given time by the offensive line and the receivers don’t drop passes. PFF has him rated as the third-best quarterback in the NFL, trailing just Josh Allen and Jalen Hurts. They have credited him with zero turnover-worthy plays. He is third in the NFL with 616 passing yards. 

Will it last for a season, a month, two more weeks? Who knows? But Saleh owes it to the Jets players, coaches, front office, owners and fan to find out. 

So, is there any chance Flacco can stay in the job?

“I don’t want to be a broken record,” Saleh said. “I’ll be happy to answer that question a million times over when Zach is healthy and ready to go. Zach is the future of the team.” 

No one is going to argue that the 23-year-old is not the future. But that does not mean the 37-year-old, if he continues to play well, can’t be the present. 

What do you expect him to say?   They just drafted Zach 2nd in the draft and he is not playing because he got hurt, not because of his performance.  When he is 100% healthy, he will be back unless Flacco is playing lights out.   That is how it should be.   Remember the TEAM overall should be better this year because of the upgrade in talent on both sides of the ball.  If the team plays well with Flacco, why do so many assume it won't continue to play well with Zach?  

6 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

What do you expect him to say?   They just drafted Zach 2nd in the draft and he is not playing because he got hurt, not because of his performance.  When he is 100% healthy, he will be back unless Flacco is playing lights out.   That is how it should be.   Remember the TEAM overall should be better this year because of the upgrade in talent on both sides of the ball.  If the team plays well with Flacco, why do so many assume it won't continue to play well with Zach?  

because last year all 3 QB played better then Zach with the same team.

maybe he does do as well as Flacco, but im not sitting a hot QB just because of where Zach was drafted. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

i pretty much agree with you. i do want to see Zach play. i just do know why it has to be right now when Flacco is playing so well. from what Zach supporters are telling me is that Flacco sucks. well then this wont last long so whats the difference in zach getting 14 or 12 games? 

those 2 games wont matter to Zach. we will know long before 12 games are up whether he is the future.

when we do go to Zach there is no going back. we are going to ride him the rest of the year no matter what. and we should. at that point it makes no sense to do anything else.

if we sit a Hot Flacco, me.... you and the rest of this board will argue till the day we die about what could have been. Flacco could have sucked the next week or 2 or got us 2 games under 500 where Zack takes over anyway.... win 8-9 games and miss the playoffs.... a long playoff run with maybe a SB. none of us know. but we could end that by letting it play out with Flacco.

what i find really funny is alot of the people who want Zach to play right now even if Flacco beats the Bengals are the same people who will blow up this board if we win 4 games this year to fire everyone. and one of their favorite arguments will be.............the record. and now that they want to go with a hot QB to win games they dont want that. of course not, these guys getting wins will hurt their whole "fire everyone" posts.

i say let it ride. if Flacco is as bad as half this board thinks he is this will be over and Zach will be starting very soon.

I get the impression Flacco didn't sign up for any this.  He was probably thinking couple mil to carry clip board and mentor the little rich kid and gets some free plane tickets.  Gets to get out of the house for a bit go hang out with boys throw pigskin around.  Then he got to camp and all he heard was fart jokes from the little neophytes and he started to feel like he was still home with his own kids and thinking maybe he made mistake.  The only ones he could talk to were the coaches but they were not much older than the neophytes and also making fart jokes then he was thrust into the 1st game and probably was half hearted about it at 1st but then he started getting hit and then sh*t became real and then became more about protecting his legacy at some point so he began to compete as best he could after a slow somber thru camp and PS like he has done 17 times before.  Then 2nd game comes along and more of the same but at some point during game something clicked, muscle memory, flashback, and everyone was in slow motion but him (this time) and he picked the Browns apart and completes the improbable.

After the game still being on this high from the flashback to superbowl 3 he goes back to the locker room like a neophyte that have surrounded him for months and butt waxes Mike White and pantez the little flower.

Can he keep it up? old cool somber Joe...tune in next week.

2 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

I get the impression Flacco didn't sign up for any this.  He was probably thinking couple mil to carry clip board and mentor the little rich kid and gets some free plane tickets.  Gets to get out of the house for a bit go hang out with boys throw pigskin around.  Then he got to camp and all he heard was fart jokes from the little neophytes and he started to feel like he was still home with his own kids and thinking maybe he made mistake.  The only ones he could talk to were the coaches but they were not much older than the neophytes and also making fart jokes then he was thrust into the 1st game and probably was half hearted about it at 1st but then he started getting hit and then sh*t became real and then became more about protecting his legacy at some point so he began to compete as best he could after a slow somber thru camp and PS like he has done 17 times before.  Then 2nd game comes along and more of the same but at some point during game something clicked, muscle memory, flashback, and everyone was in slow motion but him (this time) and he picked the Browns apart and completes the improbable.

After the game still being on this high from the flashback to superbowl 3 he goes back to the locker room like a neophyte that have surrounded him for months and butt waxes Mike White and pantez the little flower.

Can he keep it up? old cool somber Joe...tune in next week.

Flacco just added about 2 Mil to next years salary. i can see a SB contender paying him 8 mil to backup. maybe Dallas with Dak who keeps getting hurt. 

you know maybe hes back here. most people want someone to compete with Zach. well unless we get Minshew whos a FA but he might want starter money whos coming here? Trubinsky? Mayfield? they are both stinking it up right now.  

i know people will lose their minds at the thought that Flacco might end up back here next year but i swear some people think you can just go to the QB store and get what you want.

you want a young guy who can compete with Zach for the starter spot? sure no problem we got them in aisle 5 top shelf. if you wait to Feb there buy one get one free.

7 hours ago, doitny said:

Flacco just added about 2 Mil to next years salary. i can see a SB contender paying him 8 mil to backup. maybe Dallas with Dak who keeps getting hurt. 

you know maybe hes back here. most people want someone to compete with Zach. well unless we get Minshew whos a FA but he might want starter money whos coming here? Trubinsky? Mayfield? they are both stinking it up right now.  

i know people will lose their minds at the thought that Flacco might end up back here next year but i swear some people think you can just go to the QB store and get what you want.

you want a young guy who can compete with Zach for the starter spot? sure no problem we got them in aisle 5 top shelf. if you wait to Feb there buy one get one free.

I actually like Flacco and if he continues to improve and plays at a high level I have no issue sitting the boy QB for a while as long as we are winning.  Just not sure which Flacco we will see next is all.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, doitny said:

We need to get Sam back to see how he does with some weapons! 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Why is nobody commenting to the Wilson on Wilson violence?!?

Widely reported on JN nobody on the Jets likes Zach, but Garrett is literally beating Zach in the back and nobody is breaking it up.  Disgusting.  

"There's definitely a difference," Wilson told reporters Monday. "It's a lot of experience right there with Flacco. I feel like everything with him, he takes some pace off, puts some pace on the ball. He does a good job of making the passes receiver-friendly. That's the best way I can put it into words."

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, doitny said:

I do want Zach to play as soon as he's ready (week 4 against Pittsburgh is fine if that's when they say he'll be good to go).  If we only win 4 games this year, I will say we need a major overhaul (well, depending on how things go).  But the very last I want is to win a handful more games due to Flacco being in there.  If ZW isn't a FQB then I hope we do stink it up and can get a top 2 pick and get one of the star QBs in the draft.

Flacco is a complete waste of time.  There is no sense whatsoever going down that path.  He is not the future here.  I want this team to build an actual foundation for sustained success.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I do want Zach to play as soon as he's ready (week 4 against Pittsburgh is fine if that's when they say he'll be good to go).  If we only win 4 games this year, I will say we need a major overhaul (well, depending on how things go).  But the very last I want is to win a handful more games due to Flacco being in there.  If ZW isn't a FQB then I hope we do stink it up and can get a top 2 pick and get one of the star QBs in the draft.

Flacco is a complete waste of time.  There is no sense whatsoever going down that path.  He is not the future here.  I want this team to build an actual foundation for sustained success.

but thats another point to keep playing Flacco if he is playing good. to see if we need a major overhall or just need another QB not named Zach. we need to see what another QB can do with this so we can judge Zack better. and right know according to your posts Flacco aint doing nothing which is a joke.

i doubt we draft another QB again. it would be 5 wasted years ( SAM 3, Zack 2) on doing the whole draft a guy and develop him thing and we cant keep sacrificing more seasons. 

Zach#2, Sam#3 and Sanchez was the 1st QB drafted. maybe it would be good to draft 10 or 12 and pick the QB who lands to us since we suck when we have our pick of the litter

if JD and Saleh survive it will be all about wins next year anyway. they got to go FA. so no need to hope we lose alot to get a high pick.

It is so crazy to me that this hypothetical where Joe Flacco plays balls out this Sunday to beat the defending AFC champs has morphed into the narrative of what is to be. I mean, I hope that’s what’s gonna happen, but the beat writers as well as what seems like almost all of the fans are practically acting as if this upcoming victory is a foregone conclusion. And of course, that going from Flacco to Zach will be an immediate and obvious downgrade, should they make that move next week. 

Before we all buy so completely into that hypothetical, there’s another one we should consider: the one where Chubb doesn’t score at the end and they just run out the clock. Because if they had cleverly decided to do that, Joe Flacco leaves that game 21/35 for 184 yards, 2 TDs, and a loss. If that’s the result, no one here is singing Flacco’s praises. Some would be looking for Wilson to start sooner, and others would be chanting Mike White. Now before anyone gets their panties knotted, I’m not taking anything away from Flacco’s brilliant comeback performance. He got the opportunity and defeated improbability to win the game. As a result, he got another 123 yards passing, 2 more TDs, and a win under his belt. It was fantastic, but can you count on that consistently? 

I don’t have to ask about the hypothetical where Cincinnati gets their **** together this week and puts a beating on the Jets. I know where that one would go. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

No - just no. We aren't winning the Super Bowl this year - Zach has more physical talent than Flacco, just needs experience. The Jets future rides on his development, but let's just keep him from developing so we can screw up our future - got it. SMH. Flacco wasn't good the first week and compiled stats. He wasn't even that great for most of last week - Garret Wilson was great and wide open. Zach can throw to them too and possibly develop into an excellent franchise QB. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/23/2022 at 5:50 PM, doitny said:

you like quotes? so do i. this ones my fav

Has Wilson earned the right to have the starting job handed back to him? 

I could care less that Costello wanted to generate clicks and baited people in.  
ZW never lost his job.  He gets it back as soon as he is healthy.  The CS reported that they were happy with ZWs practices all summer, it’s his job, why can’t you accept it.  2021 is over.  Some of you are happy with possibly a handful of extra wins over a long term solution at QB.  Either this one or finding another.  I’ll bet anything that 2 weeks ago you thought Flacco did nothing to deserve his two starts.  A win in Cleveland and now the story has changed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

apologies to @Warfish as im going to borrow his style

49 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I could care less that Costello wanted to generate clicks and baited people in.

its not Costello. its what half this board wants.

52 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

ZW never lost his job.  He gets it back as soon as he is healthy.

did you not read the article i posted above? i even bolded the statement where Saleh said he will talk about who is starting when Zach is healthy. a day before its was Zach is starting when he is healthy. he already is backtracking and left the door open to ride with Flacco if he plays well. 

and Zach can start when Flacco cools down.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

The CS reported that they were happy with ZWs practices all summer,

what do you want them to say, we messed up on our #2 pick and he cant beat the other QBs out? Saleh will say Zach is the starter until the day they cut him. they said nice things about Sam up until they traded him. Aarron Boone said Joey Gallo brought so much to the team.... and then a week later traded him. they all do it for obvious reasons. no coach says bad things about a player on his roster.

2021 is over

yes, but lets not act like it never happened. you guys act surprised people doubt him like we never seen him play a NFL game before.

Some of you are happy with possibly a handful of extra wins over a long term solution at QB.

yes, winning is fun. we have wasted 4 seasons in a row trying to develop a FQB. if Zach fails this year it will be 5. then some want to draft another one next year. that could be 6 and 7 seasons thrown away. sooner or later we are going to have to get the best FA we can and just roll with him and hope we put a really good team around him.

I’ll bet anything that 2 weeks ago you thought Flacco did nothing to deserve his two starts.  A win in Cleveland and now the story has changed. 

i am actually the very few people who thought he played well. just like people want to bring up Chubb and blown coverages in week 2, in week 1 we had 2 red zone fumbles and 4 points lost by the kicker. if people not named Flacco would have stopped shooting us in the foot that game could have been much different.

On 9/23/2022 at 9:18 PM, doitny said:

because last year all 3 QB played better then Zach with the same team.

maybe he does do as well as Flacco, but im not sitting a hot QB just because of where Zach was drafted. 

And that is why you are not in charge.  Let me know when Flacco gets "hot".  That game was a loss until Cleveland went to sleep and let Davis moon walk into the endzone.  The quarterback of the Jets is Zach Wilson, get over it. 

19 minutes ago, doitny said:

its not Costello. its what half this board wants.

No it’s not.  It’s what those who wanted Fields or Lance or whoever wants. 
And the board isn’t the CS or the fanbase.  

did you not read the article i posted above? i even bolded the statement where Saleh said he will talk about who is starting when Zach is healthy. a day before its was Zach is starting when he is healthy. he already is backtracking and left the door open to ride with Flacco if he plays well. 

and Zach can start when Flacco cools down.

Saleh has spoken, that is true.  In his pressers he has clearly said that when Zach is healthy Zach plays.  

what do you want them to say, we messed up on our #2 pick and he cant beat the other QBs out? Saleh will say Zach is the starter until the day they cut him. they said nice things about Sam up until they traded him. Aarron Boone said Joey Gallo brought so much to the team.... and then a week later traded him. they all do it for obvious reasons. no coach says bad things about a player on his roster.

Why would they say they messed up the pick?  Because you believe that after less than a full season, with most games offering 0 support, they’re moving on from ZW?  At least fake your support.  One sentence you do then you do a 180

If Zach is healthy you go with Zach. I’m not saying this because I believe in him. I’m saying this because we need to have a definitive answer on Zach, this team is a quarterback away from being a threat in the league. So we need to know what we’re doing at quarterback next season one way or another. Do we have the guy or do we need to go get someone else like Minshew or Jimmy G. 

On 9/22/2022 at 6:42 PM, doitny said:

So, is there any chance Flacco can stay in the job?

“I don’t want to be a broken record,” Saleh said. “I’ll be happy to answer that question a million times over when Zach is healthy and ready to go. Zach is the future of the team.”

yes Saleh has spoken

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No it’s not.  It’s what those who wanted Fields or Lance or whoever wants. 
And the board isn’t the CS or the fanbase.  

Saleh has spoken, that is true.  In his pressers he has clearly said that when Zach is healthy Zach plays.  

Why would they say they messed up the pick?  Because you believe that after less than a full season, with most games offering 0 support, they’re moving on from ZW?  At least fake your support.  One sentence you do then you do a 180

i like Zach and will be rooting hard for him when he plays. i just dont see why if we have a QB who is playing well and winning that he has to be sat. or that he was the best QB cause of TC in a controlled environment. cause last year on gameday it was a different story

but hey its gameday. enjoy. if Flacco plays well it will be a fun week ahead as we all try to guess his next move. then we will really get to see if im right about not sitting a hot QB.

if Flacco sucks then its Zach in week 4.

8 hours ago, JetBlue said:

And that is why you are not in charge.  Let me know when Flacco gets "hot".  That game was a loss until Cleveland went to sleep and let Davis moon walk into the endzone.  The quarterback of the Jets is Zach Wilson, get over it. 

half the NFL wins on other teams mistakes. Zach is the future. but the future doesnt have to be week 4. we will know more by 4pm

On 9/22/2022 at 8:16 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I expect Flacco to stink this week against the Bengals and people to wonder what the heck they were thinking supporting him.

drop some truth bombs.  jets win a game unlike anything in their history. each season in the nfl you usually win a game you're not suppose to and lose one that way as well.  this game doesn't fall into that.

these pro flacco replies are some of he funniest chit i've ever heard.   playoffs, do we keep as a starter, i told ya so.....lmao

1 hour ago, doitny said:

yes Saleh has spoken

i like Zach and will be rooting hard for him when he plays. i just dont see why if we have a QB who is playing well and winning that he has to be sat. or that he was the best QB cause of TC in a controlled environment. cause last year on gameday it was a different story

but hey its gameday. enjoy. if Flacco plays well it will be a fun week ahead as we all try to guess his next move. then we will really get to see if im right about not sitting a hot QB.

if Flacco sucks then its Zach in week 4.

As I said, 8:20ish in he delivers the massage, again

• Upvote 1