Let's Face It Guys, We Already Know....

SoFlaJets

6 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

anyone who has their chest pumped out because of that win are delusional. The defense was dog sh*t.

D made stops when it needed to and stopping the best running game in the league for an entire 4 qtrs. coupled with a short to mid passing game is never easy for any D these days especially with all the rules geared towards helping O's score.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

One thing is for sure.  If our DL can't do it here it can't do it anywhere.  I would like to see our much talked about DE's do something!  So, what, the consolation with JJ is that he is ok at setting the edge, geesh.  

It's been two whole games and he's had limited snaps , what did you expect ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Its really annoying to me when fans come on here and post that the Jets (after a miraculous win no less) have ZERO chance of winning. Then, prior to finishing their post, backtrack by suggesting that maybe its reverse psychology. Cool, we're all really impressed by the skillful write-up. 

John Oliver Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Of course the Jets will be huge underdogs in this game. But all this about nobody expecting the Bengals, the great SB contenders, AFC Champions, World Beaters, to be 0-2 this year is nonsense. I think there were A LOT of people who did not expect the Bengals to make it to the AFCCG much less the SB. Its fair to say they were the biggest surprise of last season. If anything, a drop off could have been predicted. The fact that they lost two close games to Pitt and Dallas after their O-line appears to be once again in shambles is not that far fetched. If the Jets put together a successful gameplan to hold off their offense and stay in the game, they will have a chance.  

Now, I still think the Bengals will beat the Jets, I think the Bengals have a good shot at making the playoffs but they have a tough schedule. And frankly, I don't know how far they will go this year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I agree we have little chance of winning this one.  We shouldn't have won in Week 2 and we'll need a lot more than luck against a team that is better than its shown in its first 2 games. 

But that doesn't mean we can't be excited about the possibilities with this team.  The roster looks pretty good, at least compared to the rosters we've seen over the last 7 years.  If we get a competitive game on Sunday and the defense performs better than it did in Weeks 1 & 2, that would still be progress even if we take an L.  

So while I get the negativity about the W-L outcome, I don't accept the negativity about the team's direction in general.

The Bengals o-line is in shambles.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Some great analysis there , thanks for the contribution. 

The numbers actually speak in place of the analysis because the stats validate his argument that Flacco is the superior QB in RUNNING THE OFFENSE; aside from what your eyes should also indicate as the obvious that Zach hasn’t been as good running this offense so the other young Skill positions can actually flourish without Zach’s hiccups of figuring it out. Flacco already has it figured out. 

Normally the Jets lose this game for sure. Jets honestly have not been very good this season so far. Behind on both games in the 4th quarter and basically needing a miracle to win one of them. But if the Jets finally put a very good game together they can win this game. Jets need a good game from all 3 phases to have a good chance to win.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

The numbers actually speak in place of the analysis because the stats validate his argument that Flacco is the superior QB in RUNNING THE OFFENSE; aside from what your eyes should also indicate as the obvious that Zach hasn’t been as good running this offense so the other young Skill positions can actually flourish without Zach’s hiccups of figuring it out. Flacco already has it figured out. 

Its been a sum total of two games , one were Flacco didn't really look all that good and one buoyed by a miracle win . When has Zach been on the field in a real game with the young offensive talent that was added - answer he hasn't yet .

Yes , Flacco has an advantage in calling audibles and making line adjustments for blitz pickups because of his experience , but so would any journeyman Vet QB at this point.  This whole notion that players are flourishing because of Joe's mastery of the offense is comical at best.

• Upvote 1

Nothing has changed for me from the assessment I had prior to the start of the season.
The Jets are a team on the rise without a QB.
Wilson is a total bust.
If Flacco is efficient. , they can win 8 + games with what they have. 
The only position on the team that is a total liability is the second safety spot.
Even the offensive line is capable if LeFleur plays his cards right.
Also... The refs dont have the deck stacked against the Jets.  The Jets are a disrespected team by fans around the league and deservingly so, but they are not hated.  

sad - really sad - and if anyone is a total bust - wait is that a mirror
Baron?

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Its been a sum total of two games , one were Flacco didn't really look all that good and one buoyed by a miracle win . When has Zach been on the field in a real game with the young offensive talent that was added - answer he hasn't yet .

Yes , Flacco has an advantage in calling audibles and making line adjustments for blitz pickups because of his experience , but so would any journeyman Vet QB at this point.  This whole notion that players are flourishing because of Joe's mastery of the offense is comical at best.

People love comedy more than tragedy. 

you’re stubborn in your position as others are in their’s. It’ll play itself out and the truth shall prevail. But as you said, it’s only been 2 games and yet that has been sufficient for both sides of the argument to be so strong in their position ? Flacco and Wilson have both looked sufficient and  bad in 2021-2022 thus far as starters,  but it’s rather obvious that the OFFENSE has played much better under the veterans. Time will tell

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

People love comedy more than tragedy. 

you’re stubborn in your position as others are in their’s. It’ll play itself out and the truth shall prevail. But as you said, it’s only been 2 games and yet that has been sufficient for both sides of the argument to be so strong in their position ? Flacco and Wilson have both looked sufficient and  bad in 2021-2022 thus far as starters,  but it’s rather obvious that the OFFENSE has played much better under the veterans. Time will tell

Yes indeed, not 5 passes , not 1 PS game , not 2/3 games for Flacco , not a 13 game sample last year where everything about the offense was brand new (coaches, schemes, players and a rookie QB) . Only the super kool aid drinkers could have expected Zach to light it up last season given the circumstances . I'm pretty confident that the CS viewed last year as an on the job training session season for all involved. 

IF Zach plays the remainder or the majority of the season and still struggles mightily , I'll be with you all in saying its time to start looking for the next QB prospect. But I'm not abandoning hope over a rookie season that realistically had no chance at succeeding.  

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

The Jets have little chance to win on Sunday because teams as talented as the Bengals will find a way to avoid an 0-3 start the overwhelming majority of the time.  Jets are playing for 2-1.  The Bengals are playing for their season.

A Jets win isn't impossible, but I'm expecting a loss.

Some truth in that but the reality is that Cincy is a very good matchup for the Jets and was last year as well but we are much improved and Cincy's line is even worse. Cincy is the not in the elite category where they can rely on past history to inspire their performance. Last year was a complete outlier for them and even then they won a lot of improbable games. They are far from a juggernaut.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Last week we also saw the way the Refs, (also known as The NFL) can simply and very easily control these games

So if this is your conspiracy theory, then why did the NFL allow the Bengals to get to 0-2 in the first place...

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

D made stops when it needed to and stopping the best running game in the league for an entire 4 qtrs. coupled with a short to mid passing game is never easy for any D these days especially with all the rules geared towards helping O's score.

pretty sure chubb ran it down our throats when we actually needed a stop

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yes indeed, not 5 passes , not 1 PS game , not 2/3 games for Flacco , not a 13 game sample last year where everything about the offense was brand new (coaches, schemes, players and a rookie QB) . Only the super kool aid drinkers could have expected Zach to light it up last season given the circumstances . I'm pretty confident that the CS viewed last year as an on the job training session season for all involved. 

IF Zach plays the remainder or the majority of the season and still struggles mightily , I'll be with you all in saying its time to start looking for the next QB prospect. But I'm not abandoning hope over a rookie season that realistically had no chance at succeeding.  

Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow walked into the SAME EXACT SITUATION of rookie QBs under new CS and they thrived immediately. Baptism by fire, coaches and players alike, succeed if they’re properly prepared and actually have what it takes - see Garrett Wilson, Micah Parsons, 2012 Russell Wilson, etc. Not buying your excuse making, but whatever since that’s the norm for American society nowadays, time will tell. 

How this is going to play out.  On Sunday morning we will all still be on a high from last weeks' miracle win and Jets fans will be walking around the parking lot in East Rutherford with puffed out chests. There has been all this talk about what will happen "if" Joe Cool deals out another 300 yard 4 TD game and another unlikely Jets victory celebration. Listen this is the Bengals OK? The AFC Super Bowl representatives  from only 7 months ago, this is a team that no one in the football world ever expected to be 0-2 at this point, and no one in the football world (other than crazy win-starved Jets fans) expect them to start the season 0-3. 

Last week we also saw the way the Refs, (also known as The NFL) can simply and very easily control these games however and whenever they want, for whoever they want and the league wants to win. There is a narrative and a script that is written which hasn't been too Jets-friendly since Rex Ryan brought them to the verge twice in the 2010's (until the script wrote them off for Peyton Manning and the great Steelers franchise) so come on Jets fans don't expect any kind of different treatment from them.

I'm posting this as a cold water slap in the face wake up call to get us all back to reality. Let's Face It Guys, We Already Know....The New York Football Jets have zero chance of winning Sunday ZERO, OK? I know a lot of you guys will be shaking your heads and calling me a Jets hater or whatever but trust me when I say it: this is being done as a service. Could it also be a little bit of reverse psychology sprinkled in here, by saying The Jets Will Lose? Hmmmm... might this just work as a jinx against the jinx...? Hmmm Very Interesting...but schtupid. 

images.jpeg

I think we win for sure. We saw the coming our party for garret wilson. Flacco amazingly has stopped throwin interceptions...crazy how having 2 - 3 guys open on every play helps that. Seriously are we are not impressed how wilson and moore are always open and then the whoever is left CB can;t cover davis? it really is awesome.

Anyway I expect a big game from B hall this week I think we have over 150 rushing yards to go wiith a couple hundred passing yards. 31-17 Jets~ 

So funny how mad people who are incapable of seeing the big picture get when you throw realism their way.

Probably the same ones thinking we had a shot against Baltimore.

This is going to be worse than Week 1. Like I said then, they will be running a train on us on Sunday. Lube up. And also realize that losing to far superior teams is ok. 

16 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Some truth in that but the reality is that Cincy is a very good matchup for the Jets and was last year as well but we are much improved and Cincy's line is even worse. Cincy is the not in the elite category where they can rely on past history to inspire their performance. Last year was a complete outlier for them and even then they won a lot of improbable games. They are far from a juggernaut.

if we faced them in week 1 or week2 we woudl have won both games. We are about to get like 5 sacks in this game and kill these guys.

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Nothing has changed for me from the assessment I had prior to the start of the season.

The Jets are a team on the rise without a QB.

Wilson is a total bust.

If Flacco is efficient. , they can win 8 + games with what they have. 

The only position on the team that is a total liability is the second safety spot.

Even the offensive line is capable if LeFleur plays his cards right.

Also... The refs dont have the deck stacked against the Jets.  The Jets are a disrespected team by fans around the league and deservingly so, but they are not hated.  

I liked it better when you "left JN for good" 

• Haha 2

How this is going to play out.  On Sunday morning we will all still be on a high from last weeks' miracle win and Jets fans will be walking around the parking lot in East Rutherford with puffed out chests. There has been all this talk about what will happen "if" Joe Cool deals out another 300 yard 4 TD game and another unlikely Jets victory celebration. Listen this is the Bengals OK? The AFC Super Bowl representatives  from only 7 months ago, this is a team that no one in the football world ever expected to be 0-2 at this point, and no one in the football world (other than crazy win-starved Jets fans) expect them to start the season 0-3. 

Last week we also saw the way the Refs, (also known as The NFL) can simply and very easily control these games however and whenever they want, for whoever they want and the league wants to win. There is a narrative and a script that is written which hasn't been too Jets-friendly since Rex Ryan brought them to the verge twice in the 2010's (until the script wrote them off for Peyton Manning and the great Steelers franchise) so come on Jets fans don't expect any kind of different treatment from them.

I'm posting this as a cold water slap in the face wake up call to get us all back to reality. Let's Face It Guys, We Already Know....The New York Football Jets have zero chance of winning Sunday ZERO, OK? I know a lot of you guys will be shaking your heads and calling me a Jets hater or whatever but trust me when I say it: this is being done as a service. Could it also be a little bit of reverse psychology sprinkled in here, by saying The Jets Will Lose? Hmmmm... might this just work as a jinx against the jinx...? Hmmm Very Interesting...but schtupid. 

images.jpeg

Thanks Debbie!!!!