Jump to content

Let's Face It Guys, We Already Know....


SoFlaJets
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

I can help with that one.  If the Jets QB has a collective QBR in the top third of the league, The Jets will win 8 to 10 games.

Other than the second safety spot, the Jets are very well appointed. 

If the QB performs well, the Jets may very well snatch the last wildcard spot. 

Which means nothing right now.

We need to see him play

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

I assume we are talking about Wilson and not Flacco.

And, we did see Wilson play.  More then enough tape on him as Jets starting QB for me to conclude that he is not, nor will ever be an effective NFL QB. 

And the same people who went on about Flacco sucked and pointed to his 6 year record are now the people we should judge

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow walked into the SAME EXACT SITUATION of rookie QBs under new CS and they thrived immediately. Baptism by fire, coaches and players alike, succeed if they’re properly prepared and actually have what it takes - see Garrett Wilson, Micah Parsons, 2012 Russell Wilson, etc. Not buying your excuse making, but whatever since that’s the norm for American society nowadays, time will tell. 

Compare the talent level at skill positions for those teams with that of last years Jets team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow walked into the SAME EXACT SITUATION of rookie QBs under new CS and they thrived immediately. Baptism by fire, coaches and players alike, succeed if they’re properly prepared and actually have what it takes - see Garrett Wilson, Micah Parsons, 2012 Russell Wilson, etc. Not buying your excuse making, but whatever since that’s the norm for American society nowadays, time will tell. 

It's not the same exact situation, fwiw, Justin Herbert was drafted by and played for Anthony Lynn his rookie season.  Brandon Staley was hired in year 2 of his career.  Zach Taylor was in his 2nd year with the Bengals when he drafted Joe Burrow and is still coaching Joe Burrow. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

The Jets are very talented on offense and they can be effective on defense.  If Flacco plays well, the Jets will win

As I said, not impossible, but putting my fandom aside, I'd always bet on the team with tons of talent that's fighting for their season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hate doing this to myself because it's almost guaranteed that the Jets will go back to being the SOJ but I'm ******* doing it baby!

You're right it's the Bengals. The Bengals! Who's to say last year wasn't a fluke and they crash back to earth. **** the Bengals.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally, I'm just enjoying the fact that for the first time in years I'm starting watching a game genuinely believing that it will be entertaining and potentially competitive football.

I thought we would struggle to beat Baltimore ... and although the game was close early on we struggled to stay in it as the game wore on. But it wasn't a blowout by halftime like so many games these past years. Cleveland was again close early on, and although it looked like a blowout late on ... well, we all know how that ended.

Going into Sunday I'm still thinking - why not? Mainly my initial answer is - can Cincy honestly open 0-3? That just doesn't happen when we're involved. But again ... why not? Yes, they're desperate / motivated / more talented than their results have shown so far - a missed 29 yard FG in overtime in Week 1 is a large part of why they're 0-2 instead of 1-1. And they certainly won't overlook us like they did last year. We have to get pressure on Burrow and their O line - which is not something we've seen a lot of so far from our D. If Burrow can air it out we could struggle - Brissett and Cooper were making a lot of ground against us last week and I'm sure that has been noted. At the same time, if we rattle them early with short drives / sacks / turnovers - who knows how they'll respond.

What we haven't seen yet from our Jets is a game where the ground game really gets going - either setting the pace early or keeping the opponent off the field late on. I'd be quite happy with a quiet game on the passing side if it meant a lot more clock eating and production from the run game. I know it's a passing league but the teams that do well consistently can balance the run and pass ... the more dimensions your offense has the harder you are to defend against.

As I said up top - plenty of reasons to watch and actually hope for / expect a decent football game. Which is refreshing. :-) 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Last week we also saw the way the Refs, (also known as The NFL) can simply and very easily control these games however and whenever they want, for whoever they want and the league wants to win.

 

Of course. 

Why tilt the field in favor of a team representing the media/finance capitol of the world and a metropolitan area of 25 million ... when you can meddle to fix games for the 3rd biggest city in Ohio?  

MEMO FROM NFL HOME OFFICE TO REFS: Please see to it that the Jets do not win this game - defy video replays, if you must. The league would face an uncertain and likely unprofitable future should the Cincinnati Bengals start this season 0-3.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

How this is going to play out.  On Sunday morning we will all still be on a high from last weeks' miracle win and Jets fans will be walking around the parking lot in East Rutherford with puffed out chests. There has been all this talk about what will happen "if" Joe Cool deals out another 300 yard 4 TD game and another unlikely Jets victory celebration. Listen this is the Bengals OK? The AFC Super Bowl representatives  from only 7 months ago, this is a team that no one in the football world ever expected to be 0-2 at this point, and no one in the football world (other than crazy win-starved Jets fans) expect them to start the season 0-3. 

Last week we also saw the way the Refs, (also known as The NFL) can simply and very easily control these games however and whenever they want, for whoever they want and the league wants to win. There is a narrative and a script that is written which hasn't been too Jets-friendly since Rex Ryan brought them to the verge twice in the 2010's (until the script wrote them off for Peyton Manning and the great Steelers franchise) so come on Jets fans don't expect any kind of different treatment from them.

I'm posting this as a cold water slap in the face wake up call to get us all back to reality. Let's Face It Guys, We Already Know....The New York Football Jets have zero chance of winning Sunday ZERO, OK? I know a lot of you guys will be shaking your heads and calling me a Jets hater or whatever but trust me when I say it: this is being done as a service. Could it also be a little bit of reverse psychology sprinkled in here, by saying The Jets Will Lose? Hmmmm... might this just work as a jinx against the jinx...? Hmmm Very Interesting...but schtupid. 

images.jpeg

Let it ride.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

How this is going to play out.  On Sunday morning we will all still be on a high from last weeks' miracle win and Jets fans will be walking around the parking lot in East Rutherford with puffed out chests. There has been all this talk about what will happen "if" Joe Cool deals out another 300 yard 4 TD game and another unlikely Jets victory celebration. Listen this is the Bengals OK? The AFC Super Bowl representatives  from only 7 months ago, this is a team that no one in the football world ever expected to be 0-2 at this point, and no one in the football world (other than crazy win-starved Jets fans) expect them to start the season 0-3. 

Last week we also saw the way the Refs, (also known as The NFL) can simply and very easily control these games however and whenever they want, for whoever they want and the league wants to win. There is a narrative and a script that is written which hasn't been too Jets-friendly since Rex Ryan brought them to the verge twice in the 2010's (until the script wrote them off for Peyton Manning and the great Steelers franchise) so come on Jets fans don't expect any kind of different treatment from them.

I'm posting this as a cold water slap in the face wake up call to get us all back to reality. Let's Face It Guys, We Already Know....The New York Football Jets have zero chance of winning Sunday ZERO, OK? I know a lot of you guys will be shaking your heads and calling me a Jets hater or whatever but trust me when I say it: this is being done as a service. Could it also be a little bit of reverse psychology sprinkled in here, by saying The Jets Will Lose? Hmmmm... might this just work as a jinx against the jinx...? Hmmm Very Interesting...but schtupid. 

images.jpeg

We had zero chance to win the football championship game in 1969.  We aren't the 68 Jets and the pussey cats aren't the 68 Colts.   The Jinx wasn't a jinx.  The 68 Jets were a championship caliber team that was vastly under rated on both sides of the ball.   The 2022 Bengals are unkown at this point.  At the moment they don't look any better than the Jets.

We have a great shot to win this game.  All we need to do is play smart desciplined football.  Highly unlikely but the odds are way above zero.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This does have a 'thud' back to earth game written all over it.  The Jets should be 0-2 if not for a Cleveland gift.  Cincy is far better than 0-2.

I will not be upset with a loss but we need to look good losing.

The good thing is that we are now at a point with offensive talent and coaching in which our offense can keep us in games as opposed to our defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get being negative about this game, because this is a game that we historically never win (desperate 0-2 team coming into our building with an OL in shambles going up against our DL - seems too good to be true . . . ), but this team has a lot of good young talent and just had a historical comeback win that probably gave our guys a huge confidence boost. 
 

very curious to see how we play this week. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, sackdance said:

Doesn't matter if they're playing us, the Bills, or the Jags: Cincy earned their 0-2 record. To date they stink and there is no other way to put it. 

Look at their roster and what they did last year.  If you think that team is going to stay in the doldrums forever I think you are wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We get an absolute miracle win against a team playing their backup QB (who shredded us, btw) and they should've won if they didn't screw up.  But now suddenly people are super-optimistic about Flacco.  

I don't even want this game to be about Flacco. I want to see a monster two-headed run game rack up yardage and points where all the QB has to do is manage the game, play within the system and not turn the ball over. Give our opponents something else to think about ... and our own team the confidence to start Wilson knowing it doesn't have to be "make or break" based on his play every week.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

You have very good points. Honestly, from the Jets/Browns game the BS hold call on Fant cost us 4 points. 2 Illegal downfield calls on runs cost us more points that were the same done by the Browns and not called. The calls in this game would have had the score knotted up at the end of the game without the miracle points we needed to win. That can very well occur to us this Sunday even at home. What is needed by the Jets are simply not to come out flat and lay an egg handing the game to the Bengals. To get this to be prevented many of the Young players as well as the coaching have to prevent what we have seen in the past with these events/games. Saleh brought up handling success especially for a young team and that has t be the focus. Sometimes the young players may be less of the problem in that area than less hungry complacent vets. We need team unity in that front. Again, if we compete as high as we can and lose that is not the same as laying an egg. We know the Bengals have the ability to overcome the issues they are having. And, of course the SB loser hangover seems to always be very real, not to mention their Oline issues. But, it would be a travesty with our Dline to play patty cake with their Oline and let them consistently drive the field allowing multiple scores when they haven't been able to do that to 2 average at best teams in Dallas and Pitt,  

The other night Wayne Chrebet was on one of the YouTube call-in shows and I asked him if he sometimes felt like as a Jet he was playing against the opponent and the Zebras and he said yes, especially in some road games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Some of y'all need to put some respect on @SoFlaJets name.  He's been a fan of this godforsaken franchise longer than many/most of us have been alive.  He's earned his negativity stripes.

GFY's.

It's alright 8-0 I hardly bother reading most of these guys' comments anyway. All I know is every time I start to feel good about the Jets they frigging do it to me. Go back to that Patriot Monday Night game a few weeks before the Pats playoff victory-I was fired up, I had a Jets jersey on, a  nice new Jets hat, and strutted all over Palm Beach County with it on all day. The Jets got decimated that night like 45-3 and it was the last time I ever wore a Jets player jersey ever again. I won't even go into the reason why I haven't made chili for a Jets game since a certain Mud Bowl of Chili sprinkled with a dash of AJ Dude on it, That was another day I was psyched-up, I'm just trying to NOT "go there" because OK I'll say it-I WANT THE JETS TO FRIGGIN WIN REALLY BAD SUNDAY! Otherwise, it'll be a season of sacrificing all of us and every player on the team to "see" if Zach Wilson is worth what they paid for him.I think I already know the answer to that one.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

How this is going to play out.  On Sunday morning we will all still be on a high from last weeks' miracle win and Jets fans will be walking around the parking lot in East Rutherford with puffed out chests. There has been all this talk about what will happen "if" Joe Cool deals out another 300 yard 4 TD game and another unlikely Jets victory celebration. Listen this is the Bengals OK? The AFC Super Bowl representatives  from only 7 months ago, this is a team that no one in the football world ever expected to be 0-2 at this point, and no one in the football world (other than crazy win-starved Jets fans) expect them to start the season 0-3. 

Last week we also saw the way the Refs, (also known as The NFL) can simply and very easily control these games however and whenever they want, for whoever they want and the league wants to win. There is a narrative and a script that is written which hasn't been too Jets-friendly since Rex Ryan brought them to the verge twice in the 2010's (until the script wrote them off for Peyton Manning and the great Steelers franchise) so come on Jets fans don't expect any kind of different treatment from them.

I'm posting this as a cold water slap in the face wake up call to get us all back to reality. Let's Face It Guys, We Already Know....The New York Football Jets have zero chance of winning Sunday ZERO, OK? I know a lot of you guys will be shaking your heads and calling me a Jets hater or whatever but trust me when I say it: this is being done as a service. Could it also be a little bit of reverse psychology sprinkled in here, by saying The Jets Will Lose? Hmmmm... might this just work as a jinx against the jinx...? Hmmm Very Interesting...but schtupid. 

images.jpeg

You must be that "fun guy" at parties.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We get an absolute miracle win against a team playing their backup QB (who shredded us, btw) and they should've won if they didn't screw up.  But now suddenly people are super-optimistic about Flacco.  

I don't think people should be ashamed or afraid to feel optimistic. In the same manner , people have the right to be pessimistic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, jamesr said:

Personally, I'm just enjoying the fact that for the first time in years I'm starting watching a game genuinely believing that it will be entertaining and potentially competitive football.

I thought we would struggle to beat Baltimore ... and although the game was close early on we struggled to stay in it as the game wore on. But it wasn't a blowout by halftime like so many games these past years. Cleveland was again close early on, and although it looked like a blowout late on ... well, we all know how that ended.

Going into Sunday I'm still thinking - why not? Mainly my initial answer is - can Cincy honestly open 0-3? That just doesn't happen when we're involved. But again ... why not? Yes, they're desperate / motivated / more talented than their results have shown so far - a missed 29 yard FG in overtime in Week 1 is a large part of why they're 0-2 instead of 1-1. And they certainly won't overlook us like they did last year. We have to get pressure on Burrow and their O line - which is not something we've seen a lot of so far from our D. If Burrow can air it out we could struggle - Brissett and Cooper were making a lot of ground against us last week and I'm sure that has been noted. At the same time, if we rattle them early with short drives / sacks / turnovers - who knows how they'll respond.

What we haven't seen yet from our Jets is a game where the ground game really gets going - either setting the pace early or keeping the opponent off the field late on. I'd be quite happy with a quiet game on the passing side if it meant a lot more clock eating and production from the run game. I know it's a passing league but the teams that do well consistently can balance the run and pass ... the more dimensions your offense has the harder you are to defend against.

As I said up top - plenty of reasons to watch and actually hope for / expect a decent football game. Which is refreshing. :-) 

 

Good post. Key; Bengals so far are allowing Burrow to get beat up. If the Jets get after him, this is a game. If not...

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It won't be an easy game but it is definitely winnable. Bengals are coming off of a road loss, and the Jets have historically done well against the Bengals which does seem to matter for some reason. Should be a good game.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...