*** College Game Day 09-24 ***

Beerfish

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Georgia vs Kent State?  Bama vs Vanderbilt...Come on, how many powder puffs are the big boys going to schedule?

Clemson faces a ranked Wake Forest, Arkansas vs Texas A & M, Tennessee vs Florida

Not a lot of thrilling games today maybe there will be a few surprises?

Kent State is putting up a fight.  Forced our first two turnovers of the season in the first quarter.  But we are up 9-3 thanks to Brock Bowers 75 yard run and a blocked punt safety.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

All the turnovers... I meant offense.  Still have +10 minutes TOP.  No scoring.

4 plays to score from the 5.  We are awful today.  Just got the pick and we can now hopefully just run out the clock so I can watch the end of Cemson - Wake. 

But this was a surprisingly stressful 3 hours watching the Dawgs against Kent State.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

I'm a Notre Dame fan, but 2 things.

1. This is a very bad ND team.

2. If I'm a UNC fan I'm looking at that official's bank account. What a ridiculous Unsportsmanlike. I say this as someone who hates showboating, bat flips, etc. What a pathetic call. 

My daughter is UNC alum.   It ain’t a football school….  They’ll forget by tomorrow. 

KJ Jefferson, what were you thinking?  1st and goal at the 3.  Tries to leap over the pile and extend the ball to the goal line.  Ball is knocked away, recovered by A&M and they take it 98 for the score.  It is first down, if its not there, just protect the ball and try again on 2nd down from the 2.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Lith said:

KJ Jefferson, what were you thinking?  1st and goal at the 3.  Tries to leap over the pile and extend the ball to the goal line.  Ball is knocked away, recovered by A&M and they take it 98 for the score.  It is first down, if its not there, just protect the ball and try again on 2nd down from the 2.

Another play like that happened in an earlier game, guy extending the ball for a sure td not even leaping and he drops it though the endzone.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Another play like that happened in an earlier game, guy extending the ball for a sure td not even leaping and he drops it though the endzone.

Yup.  Auburn - Mizzou.  That one was even worse since it was OT.  TD wins it for Missouri, but they fumble at the 1.  Game over.  Auburn wins by 3.

• Upvote 1