The SI article

David Harris

15 hours ago, Nixhead said:

I think JDs biggest mistakes are Becton and Mims and most of that draft class. Wilson obviously has a ton of talent and is just going to take some time. Saleh seems like a good head coach to me. He talks and explains things to the media. His team is organized and plays hard for him. Saleh is good and he's learning on the job like a ton of other Jet rookies. The Jets had only 2 good drafts out of the last 10 - the rest have sucked. The last 2 will help built a foundation for this team - but we want it to get us to the Super Bowl now - that's not going to happen. Jets need more that 2 good drafts to be in that conversation and we need Zach to become what we think he can - and if he doesn't and we've had 3 good drafts under our belt we can then pick up a good free agent QB or trade for one and then we are a playoff team.

Obvious? 2 COVID seasons at a crappy college in a garbage conference where he barely saw any NFL-level talent pass rush. Also, injury prone. Running around until the play breaks down every  passing down is not gonna work in the NFL. That is, if you're on the field at all.

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Mekhi Becton would have started every snap this year if his leg didn’t give out on him. The fact is, they haven’t, and weren’t, doing sh*t to Becton and Becton was laughing in Saleh’s face the whole way. 

And as for the 2015 season where Wilkerson allegedly dogged it? He had twelve sacks, 64 tackles, made the Pro Bowl, and was second-team All Pro.

Todd Bowles has been producing elite defense for multiple franchises for decades in the league. Robert Saleh produced one good statistical season on a team that, coincidentally, finished 2nd in the league on offense, first in rushing, and first in time of possession. That was his resume.

Respectully, I vehemently disagree with pretty much all of this.  

If Becton was a liability, he was already demoted once, I can’t see any reason why he would be demoted again.

Wilkerson dogged it after getting paid.  He was “only” showing up late to meetings hungover and drunk without repercussions prior to that (as if he should be praised for doing so).

Bowles’ defense in Philly was atrocious despite having “the dream team”, he got fired, went to Arizona, had a good stint there, got hired by us, left Kacy Rodgers to run the defense, which sucked, just like the rest of his head coaching decisions, then he followed Arians to Tampa, had a good run as DC, and now he’s Tom Brady’s version of Peyton Manning’s Jim Caldwell.  

Adding on further to the above: I’m, quite honestly, sick and tired of the revisionist history and over-defense of Bowles that goes on, not just here, but league-wide.  He was not a good HC by any stretch of the imagination.  There isn’t a coach alive, other than Todd, who can say that they came off a bye week, to play an awful Bills team, who just signed Matt Barkley off the streets 2 weeks prior, a QB who hadn’t played in 2 years at the time, and lost 42-10.  I’m sure he’s a nice guy.  I’d love to drink a beer with him and talk ball.  That being said, he was the worst Head Coach I’ve seen coach this team since I’ve started watching football.  I have absolutely no doubt that Adam Gase’s Jets teams would steam roll him.  Why?  Because they routinely did it when Gase was the Dolphins head coach and Bowles was ours.  What Saleh did in 2020, with all the injuries he had to his defense, was nothing short of a miracle and was more impressive than anything Bowles had ever done.  The dudes defenses absolutely sucked when they weren’t stacked to the brim with veteran talent (who wouldn’t walk all over him like Trumaine Johnson that is).

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Can you delete all your posts in this thread except this one? 

Really?  It's just as whiny and nonsensical as all his other posts.  Like I'm all for a good melt down, encourage it actually but dude is literally losing his sh*t over words that come out of a Head Coaches mouth when he is asked questions.  He WANTS HIM OFF HIS TEAM IMMEDIATELY raahhahraaahrahhhaahhh WORDS!!!!   It's unreal level of cry baby coming from a grown man.

Who gives a **** what he says, dude is 1-1 and has a really good chance at going 2-1 today, lets see if he can do it.  Jets may win or lose, idk, I'm terrible at predictions but I can promise you, this article and the words he used to answers questions, will have zero impact on the outcome.