<<<<<<< Jets vs Bengals -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My contention is I don't need to see any more to know Zach Wilson isn't gonna cut it in this league.  But to be sure, we'll get to see that for ourselves very soon regardless of what any of us say.

You may ultimately be correct. But making that call after 1 season would be about the dumbest thing the Jets have ever done, and that's saying something. 

It's already a wasted season, so let the kid play it out with the influx of talent we have, then if he fails, shoot him into the sun and bring in a new QB. 

Flacco or White will only delay that inevitable change. 

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well that took about 5 seconds.  lmao.  

Almost like you guys were rooting for Flacco to fail.....

No one is rooting for Flacco to fail except Bengals fans.

But that was a brutal interception thrown into triple coverage with a smaller wr.

Terrible decision and at this point in his career, he should know better.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, JTJet said:

You may ultimately be correct. But making that call after 1 season would be about the dumbest thing the Jets have ever done, and that's saying something. 

The Jets certainly aren't going to make that call, only I am.  My primary concern is that if Wilson is "meh" or worse in year 2, these doofuses under no circumstances should allow Zach Wilson to be the unquestioned starter in Year 3.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Except Wilson's knee injury isn't a big deal and the shot Herbert is about to take could pierce a lung.  There's degrees of injury to consider here.

I can’t speak to Wilson’s condition, but I had the same diagnosis.  The pain was fine but, every now and then, you take a step, you get a dull ache, and the knee buckles.  That’s not really playable.  For the record, I’m just trying to add context to why the two differ.

Also, any other medical staff and Herbert probably doesn’t pierce a lung, lol.  That being said the Chargers are 0-1.

• Upvote 1

I’m cautiously optimistic about this team.  The Bengals are loaded with talent, and yea we are clearly the inferior team, but its not like we aren’t in the same league either.

Its an accumulation of small things that are sinking the Jets, which is going to happen with young teams.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My contention is I don't need to see any more to know Zach Wilson isn't gonna cut it in this league.  But to be sure, we'll get to see that for ourselves very soon regardless of what any of us say.

The Jets absolutely need to get him on the field if only to confirm your suspicions. Certainly possible that h won’t cut it. The track record so far leans a lot more towards less confidence than more confidence he’ll ultimately be the guy. But, given that the sample size is still relatively small, he hasn’t played the equivalent of one full season yet, and the investment made, the Jets absolutely need to get him on the field if only to confirm your suspicions. Get him on the field for at least 10-12 games, then come February JD will know if QB is a priority yet again.

• Upvote 1