<<<<<<< Jets vs Bengals -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

6 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Yep it’s still a game. Mixon and Chase look frustrated, DJ Reeder injury. Jets get some points before half and the ball to start the 2nd half. Let’s see what happens. 

Can I ask...when Reeder goes down and we come back with a 2nd and % and we DON'T run the ball?? WTF... 

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I can’t speak to Wilson’s condition, but I had the same diagnosis.  The pain was fine but, every now and then, you take a step, you get a dull ache, and the knee buckles.  That’s not really playable.  For the record, I’m just trying to add context to why the two differ.

Also, any other medical staff and Herbert probably doesn’t pierce a lung, lol.  That being said the Chargers are 0-1.

Would a knee brace make a difference in your experience?

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You may ultimately be correct. But making that call after 1 season would be about the dumbest thing the Jets have ever done, and that's saying something. 

It's already a wasted season, so let the kid play it out with the influx of talent we have, then if he fails, shoot him into the sun and bring in a new QB. 

Flacco or White will only delay that inevitable change. 

This.  Nobody is saying Zach is the answer BUT you can’t say he isn’t the answer either.  You can’t make that determination after 1 season with no weapons or offensive line 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

I don't like Lafleur!

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

This thread truly has a little bit of hate for everyone! 

Ulbrich, Saleh, LaFleur, Flacco, Breece Hall, Zach (who isn’t even playing). Hell, one guy has even been ripping Sauce. lol 

The worst thing the Jets ever did was win that game at the very end last week. It set up a lot of people for disappointment. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Hael said:

I’m cautiously optimistic about this team.  The Bengals are loaded with talent, and yea we are clearly the inferior team, but its not like we aren’t in the same league either.

Its an accumulation of small things that are sinking the Jets, which is going to happen with young teams.

By 2025 we’ll be great! 

2 minutes ago, shevys said:

Would a knee brace make a difference in your experience?

I’m, honestly, not sure.  For me, probably. Like I said though, I have no Intel on Zach’s situation or medical report to say what he is feeling/experiencing.  I also elected to not have surgery and rehabilitated it back to health, whereas Wilson had the surgery.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Jets certainly aren't going to make that call, only I am.  My primary concern is that if Wilson is "meh" or worse in year 2, these doofuses under no circumstances should allow Zach Wilson to be the unquestioned starter in Year 3.

100% agree. 

Unfortunately the doofuses dont think like we do. 

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure if it is the O line or Joe, but Flacco does not seem comfortable in the pocket today's rushing his throws, unless he finds a rhythm in the third quarter, he appears to be a liability today.

New York and Cincinnati look like two bad teams playing a poor imitation of an NFL game in the first half but Cinci looks like the gambler's choice going forward.

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

This.  Nobody is saying Zach is the answer BUT you can’t say he isn’t the answer either.  You can’t make that determination after 1 season with no weapons or offensive line 

I can and I have, lol.

Even if he comes back and plays reasonably well, he's a constant injury risk.  You don't have a franchise QB if he misses 3+ games a year.